What at WDW Makes You Cry...

DisneyFanLS

Scooter said:
The American Adventure show...I get a bit teary in two parts.

The Civil War part when they sing about the two brothers, one wore blue and one wore gray, and one came home one stayed behind..cuz "a cannon ball don't pay no mind."

And in the end when they sing that Golden Dreams song.

The end of the American Adventure (Golden Dreams) ALWAYS gets me, too. But also at the American Pavillion, the PRE-show (I think they're called the Liberty Singers?..or something)...anyway...when they sing in the rotunda, they have a finale which is a compilation (or medley) of patriotic songs...WOW...gets me EVERY time!!! Jeez...they're SO good...I'd love to have a CD....:eek:

PintoColvig

There was this guy once who ripped one right in front of me in the cave portion of the queue for Splash Mtn. I was trapped! I didn't cry but I was close. :cry:

True story. :lookaroun

The guy was my brother. :hammer:

JEDIsney

PintoColvig said:
There was this guy once who ripped one right in front of me in the cave portion of the queue for Splash Mtn. I was trapped! I didn't cry but I was close. :cry:

So sorry to hear that! I love the queue for Splash Mountain, so if someone were to ruin it for me like that, I'd be pretty upset.

At least it wasn't a stranger though... if that even makes a difference.

PintoColvig

JEDIsney said:
So sorry to hear that! I love the queue for Splash Mountain, so if someone were to ruin it for me like that, I'd be pretty upset.

At least it wasn't a stranger though... if that even makes a difference.
Come to think of it, the smell sort of went with the frontier theme. :p :lol:

hcswingfield

HokieDevil said:
When ever I enter tha park and come out onto Main St USA. The music, the look, everything. I know a great day is ahead and get just as excited as when I was a little kid (at least in age, I'm now a big kid). I got a little teary eyed when I had breakfast with the princesses. Yeah my friends and I were the only ones without a kid, but you better believe every princess still came to our table and took pictures (it didn;t hurt we had the center table). Finally the thing that got to me last time I was there was seeing a gay family there. The 2 dads and their kids. Gives me hope.

Welcome to the boards! My partner and I have feline kids. Unfortunately, the parks don't let us take them with us. Must be that cat-phobia that Mickey and Minnie probably have.

The show at the American Pavillion always makes me cry - especially when they start the montage of people that have died in the last 50 years. When they added Ryan White to the montage a few years back I was sobbing.

Sometimes the Voices of Liberty sound so beautiful they make me cry, especially their holiday show.

And I always lose it during the Beauty and the Beast show, when they start singing "Beauty and the Beast" at the end.

CrashNet

I've never actually shed a tear, but I do get a little choked up from these:

Illuminations - Definetly, especially We Go On. I've seen it a million times, but when I see other guests get choked up, I do.

Wishes! - Just something about the "just believe, just believe...like a bolt out of the blue..." gets me every time.

Festival of the Lion King - To this day, the song Circle of Life chokes me up everytime. Very powerful song.

------

Now another story. The ones above choke me up, but last year I was a CP and it was the first time they did Holidaywishes during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. It was December, I was away from my family, and they start singing "I'll be home for Christmas." That and "Feels like Christmas." I didn't bawl, but I had to wipe a few tears. That got me good.

One more: As a CM you see all kinds of things, some bad, and many good. I opened many days at EPCOT, and I would go outside and watch the opening ceremony as all of the guests come up and meet the characters. I was standing near Mickey one time, and a little girl (couldn't be more than 5) comes up to me and taps on my leg and asks me if Mickey was here. At the time she walked up, he was blocked by the bus and she didn't see him. I knelt down and said "Look right over there" and pointed to him and when she turned and looked, Mickey was knelt down looking at her and waved. The look on her face was priceless. It was the open mouthed gasp for air look. She screamed, "I have always wanted to meet you Mickey!" and ran to him for a hug. The dad smiled and the mom was crying. That one got me pretty good too.

Seeing the smiles and joy on childrens faces...I'm a sucker for that every time.

blackerbys17

cac2889 said:
She screamed, "I have always wanted to meet you Mickey!" and ran to him for a hug. The dad smiled and the mom was crying. That one got me pretty good too. Seeing the smiles and joy on childrens faces...I'm a sucker for that every time.

Oh boy, you got me with that one. I actually teared up. Kids, they do it to me every time. They are just so innocent. It really makes me miss my innocence and sense of wonder at moments like that. Very sweet story...

JEDIsney

cac2889 said:
One more: As a CM you see all kinds of things, some bad, and many good. I opened many days at EPCOT, and I would go outside and watch the opening ceremony as all of the guests come up and meet the characters. I was standing near Mickey one time, and a little girl (couldn't be more than 5) comes up to me and taps on my leg and asks me if Mickey was here. At the time she walked up, he was blocked by the bus and she didn't see him. I knelt down and said "Look right over there" and pointed to him and when she turned and looked, Mickey was knelt down looking at her and waved. The look on her face was priceless. It was the open mouthed gasp for air look. She screamed, "I have always wanted to meet you Mickey!" and ran to him for a hug. The dad smiled and the mom was crying. That one got me pretty good too.
That must be such an incredible feeling for you. I can't wait to feel the same way, soon.

barnum42

blackerbys17 said:
:lol: Oh Barnum, you always make me laugh! :lol:

I hope you're all better now ... :eek:
Fully recovered thank you :wave: As have the bruises on my legs from trying to do a pelvic tilt against the lap bar in an attempt to minimise the damage being inflicted.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I always cry whenever I hear When you wish upon a star and I get misty when I meet mickey. He is the only celebrity in the world I go gaga for. I also get teary at the American Adventure.

Cmdr_Crimson

When I see the envelope on my doorknob and letting me know what time I need to be on DME to go back to MCO....It's heartbreaking to know that reality comes back to you.

disneytati

JEDIsney said:
I forgot to mention Mickey's PhilharMagic. It gets me every time, in the same exact spots too. Actually, this past June, I started crying early during the show than I always do. I guess I have a new crying point.

I always cry during the Little Mermaid part. It's the most beautiful part. Specially when she opens the jewel box and all these rings and neckalces start floating around the theater! I really don't know why.....

And oh, I almost forgot the American Adventure! The end always gets me misty-eyed. And the movie about Walt Disney at the end of One Man's Dream.

disneytati

barnum42 said:
Fully recovered thank you :wave: As have the bruises on my legs from trying to do a pelvic tilt against the lap bar in an attempt to minimise the damage being inflicted.

:lol: It could only be you, Barnum!

The Welcome Medley on Main Street in the morning. That is my dream job!

And of course...Wishes!! The ending gets me ever time.

Oh and also the Share A Dream Come True single, the part where the girl sings, "filled with pixiedust and fairytales, our favorite mouseketters". Everytime I play the cd. : (

wedway71

PintoColvig said:

That happened to me at Test Track.My dad kept asking me and my wife if that was the burnt rubber from the tires-the guy in front blasted a nuclear bomb .I thought my dad was gonna cry:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom