WDW Spirited Quickees

ctxak98

That is actually All I care about!...I think we should get an incredibles ride and Monsters inc coaster....I think it would make a better fit and the Incredibles is a movie that could do sooooo well as a ride! very underrated movie IMO

Taylor

That is actually All I care about!...I think we should get an incredibles ride and Monsters inc coaster....I think it would make a better fit and the Incredibles is a movie that could do sooooo well as a ride! very underrated movie IMO
To be honest I'm surprised TDO even remembered the monsters coaster plan actually still existed

Magenta Panther

The BAH going bye-bye is great news. The imminent death of Avatar is even greater news. Time to start hoping for Beastly Kingdomme again! And a Monster Coaster? AWESOME!!! I'd love to see some concept art...how complex will it be? E Ticket? D Ticket? C Ticket?

Taylor

The BAH going bye-bye is great news. The imminent death of Avatar is even greater news. Time to start hoping for Beastly Kingdomme again! And a Monster Coaster? AWESOME!!! I'd love to see some concept art...how complex will it be? E Ticket? D Ticket? C Ticket?
I know a really good news day . But I don't think BK will ever come to AK (as much as i would love it to) pandora was probably that areas only chance to have something meaningful in it . About the MI coaster I've heard people on hear say I think it was Lee that it was more of a family coaster, but I'd imagine with e- ticket themeing

erstwo

More again ...

Don't think much of of AoA motel at all. Loud, garish and cheap .... would stay at ASMu or first, if I still were an addict.

You have got to be kidding.

I agree with a previous poster - I wonder why you bother with WDW at all. If you are/were simply a fan - why waste your money.

I feel that Disney will take the Southwest approach with you. Your next complaint letter will be addressed with the simple reply of:
"Dear Spirit,
We will miss you.
Sincerely,
WDW"

WDW1974

Original Poster
You have got to be kidding.

No. I never kid. Ever. Deadly serious.

I agree with a previous poster - I wonder why you bother with WDW at all. If you are/were simply a fan - why waste your money.

I 'bother' with WDW because I have loved the place since 1974. That's why. Are you daft? Who would go somewhere they got no enjoyment from? ... But I enjoy it far less than I once did because it's been Walmarted and seeks dumber guests who don't know that WDW isn't what it used to be, should be and could be. ... Oh, and they get far less money from me because I strongly dislike their management and HATE their business model. So while I did pay for an AP, I made sure that family and friends got in for free for three days. I did have three full serve meals at WDW (so far), but all were at locations offering cast and their guests 40% off (in other words, about what the grub was worth). I do admit higher than normal alcohol tabs, but I really needed it, especially on the 1st. Merchandise? Well, I did buy a few 30th items at EPCOT with my friend's 35% CM discount. Not much. And spent about $15 on other stuff at Cast Connection/Property Control. Oh, and I am right off property, staying at a very nice 3 1/2 star hotel for $37 a night. So, Disney ain't getting much from me. I'm winning the battles and the war. Hell, I even tested a CM at the Grand Flo today and she passed and I wound up with free soda (no mug needed).

I feel that Disney will take the Southwest approach with you. Your next complaint letter will be addressed with the simple reply of:
"Dear Spirit,
We will miss you.
Sincerely,
WDW"

I sincerely appreciate your post. Really. It's the first one I saw since I logged on to drop in some more thoughts, but didn't want to forget it and not respond.

I have one simple statement of fact for you to choke ... I mean chew on ... my next complaint letter to WDW will also be my FIRST. Let that sink into your brain. And if I were a company like WDW, I am one guest that I wouldn't want to lose. That isn't my ego talking. It's my knowledge of business.

But thanks for reading and responding. Makes me feel good.

Not as much as singing with my friend Lee or watching fanbois drool over low-level Imagineers or watch a social media attempt to take my photo (knowing full well there will be legal action if it winds up on her site) as a tacit threat ... but still, enjoyment just the same.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Just a few tidbits missed last night:

MK parade has been pushed back and is expected to debut at same time as Fantasyland is completed (likely 2/14).

KS has really been neutered and Walmarted by the loss of the poacher storyline and the prep to move the zebra herd into the section of the attraction that featured the climactic end. Between that and the Wild Africa Trek, it's become obvious you are in Central FL and in a theme park. The whole sense of disbelief gets tossed. You are now simply looking at animals on a Disney reserve.

Guests really are dumber by the day.

Funny how Disney dawdles and makes HUGE deals about opening tiny facets of Storybook Circus while UNI goes almost 24/7, even during a horrible rainstorm that made HHN's a washout for three hours tonight as they continue to build Transformers, which WILL be open by May. Earlier today, the crane was hit by lightning yet at midnight it was working ... And Potter Phase II (remember when folks said I was crazy and that they wouldn't put it in two parks and connecting them by a train attraction was impossible? yeah, I do as well ... so I loved seeing all the work that has been accomplished on that end, including the footers for the new Hogwarts Express right behind The Walking Dead house).

THinking about staying at CBR? I don't know to what extent, but crime has been a problem at that resort more so than others for some reason and security to get in and out reflects it.

Don't see much Marvel merchandise.

Absolutely NOTHING is happening at DD. and it appears that nothing has been decided on its future.

Did I mention Disney cutting back on the AC? Yeah? UNI isn't doing so.

Free dining ended today, but it will be back in two weeks. And be around until the holidays mostly.

There really are no significant plans for anything at EPCOT that are close to approval.

So, table service at UNI starts at the same pricepoints that quick serve at Disney charges.

It doesn't feel like Halloween when it is 90-plus degrees and humid and with daily downpours.

CBJ is being cut not for political correctness, but because as Phil 'Teeth' Holmes would say 'The Counts are too damn high' meaning not enough capacity (that's what years of take aways without replacement does).
You wanna know what Tony Baxter or even Marty Sklar think about WDW today and how it is being run? You don't go to a D23 event in a park to find out. They are charming men who have played the political game for decades ... many. Understand that.

More to come when my trip is over. Thanks for reading and commenting. And have a MAGICal weekend.

alissafalco

THinking about staying at CBR? I don't know to what extent, but crime has been a problem at that resort more so than others for some reason and security to get in and out reflects it.

Are you talking about Caribbean Beach Resort??? :eek: Do you know what type of crime? :eek::eek:

Longhairbear

MK parade has been pushed back and is expected to debut at same time as Fantasyland is completed (likely 2/14).

KS has really been neutered and Walmarted by the loss of the poacher storyline and the prep to move the zebra herd into the section of the attraction that featured the climactic end. Between that and the Wild Africa Trek, it's become obvious you are in Central FL and in a theme park. The whole sense of disbelief gets tossed. You are now simply looking at animals on a Disney reserve.

Guests really are dumber by the day.

Funny how Disney dawdles and makes HUGE deals about opening tiny facets of Storybook Circus while UNI goes almost 24/7, even during a horrible rainstorm that made HHN's a washout for three hours tonight as they continue to build Transformers, which WILL be open by May. Earlier today, the crane was hit by lightning yet at midnight it was working ... And Potter Phase II (remember when folks said I was crazy and that they wouldn't put it in two parks and connecting them by a train attraction was impossible? yeah, I do as well ... so I loved seeing all the work that has been accomplished on that end, including the footers for the new Hogwarts Express right behind The Walking Dead house).

Don't see much Marvel merchandise.

Absolutely NOTHING is happening at DD. and it appears that nothing has been decided on its future.

Did I mention Disney cutting back on the AC? Yeah? UNI isn't doing so.

Free dining ended today, but it will be back in two weeks. And be around until the holidays mostly.

There really are no significant plans for anything at EPCOT that are close to approval.

So, table service at UNI starts at the same pricepoints that quick serve at Disney charges.

It doesn't feel like Halloween when it is 90-plus degrees and humid and with daily downpours.

CBJ is being cut not for political correctness, but because as Phil 'Teeth' Holmes would say 'The Counts are too damn high' meaning not enough capacity (that's what years of take aways without replacement does).
You wanna know what Tony Baxter or even Marty Sklar think about WDW today and how it is being run? You don't go to a D23 event in a park to find out. They are charming men who have played the political game for decades ... many. Understand that.

More to come when my trip is over. Thanks for reading and commenting. And have a MAGICal weekend.
I'm guessing you got to chat with the last two mentioned, and their thoughts on WDW?

Next Big Thing

I noticed this recently. With Uni's Counter service not really being worth it in most places, it's pretty much more worth it to eat at Finnegan's or Mythos if you plan on eating in park at Uni. This is also why I never even think about eating in a Disney park.

Figment1986

It doesn't feel like Halloween when it is 90-plus degrees and humid and with daily downpours

not enough on HHN, you going back for more HHN? (I have HHN on the brain) what about HOS...

AEfx

And DCA to DinoRama to WDSP to inferior Pooh to Mission Space ...

Not everything was spectacular. I am far from an Eisner apologist.

However, now all we get are the crappy, little, or broken (Yeti!) things.

At least when he was in charge we still got the occasional blockbuster.

Truth be told, they haven't built a truly "WOW!!!" ride since he left. Everest had potential - but even leaving Disco Yeti out of it, is still a far cry from what it could have been (big empty mountain with exposed steel beams).

Cosmic Commando

And DCA to DinoRama to WDSP to inferior Pooh to Mission Space ...
MK's Pooh is inferior to Hunny Hunt, sure, but it is the best of the Fantasyland dark rides, IMO. The bouncing with Tigger, the smoke ring from the Heffalump (or is that a Woozle?), the swaying during the flood, the wind effect and the way the walls move during the windy day... I'm not going to penalize it just because a better ride system uses the same characters on the other side of the world. If you want to be mad that they haven't built an LPS ride like that in Orlando, then I think that's a separate issue. Don't take it out on poor Pooh Bear.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Everything posted by '74 sounds very promising but I won't get my hopes up too much just yet. I think Carsland and the Monsters, Inc. coaster will be great additions to DHS, especially after seeing myself again just how much the park is lacking in substantial things to do right now. The Backlot Tour needs to go, riding it this year was just depressing as it is such a pale shadow of what it used to be. With the new shows also coming, I'm excited to see the park get some substantial attention.

As for Avatarland, I've said in the past I don't want it so while what '74 said is music to my ears, it's status seems to change constantly so I'll remain quietly hopeful that it doesn't happen and that (eventually) an alternative option is brought to the table for AK.
The problem is that if Pandora is indeed dead it will be replaced with nothing. They are not simply going to dust off the old Mysterious Island plans and keep moving forward.

DocMcHulk

I am probably in the minority, but I never really liked the poacher storyline. It always came across as forced and cheesy. I'd rather just enjoy a drive and watch some animals.

PhilharMagician

am I the only one who wishes they'd keep the hat and just move it somewhere else? Maybe even downtown disney or out front of HS? Seems like a neat decorative piece (especially for photo ops) IF put in the right place

You are not alone. The hat would be better suited outside DHS's main Gate of even strattled over the turnstiles. It does not need to be scrapped, just moved since it reallyt is a good symbol of DIsney in Hollywood with it's referance to Fantasia. Unfortunately it's current location is the worst possible location that could have been picked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom