WDW Spirited Quickees

Taylor

To me the best news from that OP was that MI coaster is coming with any plan for DHS I was starting to get worried about that

Rasvar

BAH going to Walt Dated World would be wonderful. Good stuff. Wish I could have made it down but I had too much going on in. I'll be interested to see if changes at the top cause other things to fall out. I really hope that TDO is noticing the big hit of filling hotel rooms (without discounts) at DLR from a well done land and attraction. The ROI that they are getting on Cars Land has to be exceeding even their wildest projection.

FrankLapidus

Everything posted by '74 sounds very promising but I won't get my hopes up too much just yet. I think Carsland and the Monsters, Inc. coaster will be great additions to DHS, especially after seeing myself again just how much the park is lacking in substantial things to do right now. The Backlot Tour needs to go, riding it this year was just depressing as it is such a pale shadow of what it used to be. With the new shows also coming, I'm excited to see the park get some substantial attention.

As for Avatarland, I've said in the past I don't want it so while what '74 said is music to my ears, it's status seems to change constantly so I'll remain quietly hopeful that it doesn't happen and that (eventually) an alternative option is brought to the table for AK.

scpergj

Still this is not an ad agency it is a disscussion forum about Disney and I feel it should remain a appropriate enviorment.

...and a high school student has no business lecturing adults on proper use of language or grammar.

Yup, I mean it. My oldest is a freshman in high school...and I've heard (and even seen in e-mail communications) much worse language than was used. Now back to my regular ranting and raving....

Rasvar

As for Avatarland, I've said in the past I don't want it so while what '74 said is music to my ears, it's status seems to change constantly so I'll remain quietly hopeful that it doesn't happen and that (eventually) an alternative option is brought to the table for AK.

I actually thought it could be a good fit if done right. I was always worried it wouldn't be. Seems moot now. The biggest problem, to me, is that AK needs another area of significant size and scope to allow it to operate in the evening hours. You are never going to be able to have fireworks. So a World of Color type event would probably fit here but you would need to have a lot more to go around it. There area would probably need at least four attractions. I would guess an E, D and two C's. If they go ahead with DHS. I think adding to AK will likely not see a shovel for four to six years. It makes me wonder what they will do if they do shut down FotLK.

lazyboy97o

Thank you for pointing this out as I had not known the other definition, but unfortunately our society has come to exaggerate and change the definition of words. Today we now see that the prominent definition is and has been for a while #'s 1 and 2 (If you've ever read the Scarlet Letter it is proven to be used in this context since the 19th century at least). So while I try to never "wear blinders" I'm in high school now and we will never be taught the other definition of " " never mind have it remerge as an acceptable term in public against another person as if caught using this term against a teacher we will be filed for a level 3 offense and possibly suspended. I hope I have not lost ethos with the members of this forum as I have tried to remain polite and respectable in all my posts. Never the he still did curse once in my other listed example but overall I am respectful and grateful for 74's post. Thank you and good night.
There are a lot of things you will not be taught in high school. A lot.

Rasvar

Wh*re isn't a swearing word. Spirit didn't mean it that way anyway.

Agree. That word is tossed around like candy in a business environment. Half the time it is in a positive manner depending on the industry. It's a verb, not a noun. If you are using it as a noun to describe someone, then it is inappropriate.

lazyboy97o

Well I do not participate in those conversations and I would hope that all do not wear blinders on how High Schoolers act, because I promise you that all of us are not the same and there are a group of us that are extremely mature.
They may not all act the same, but from my point of view you're fitting the stereotype of the know-it-all teenager quite well.

doctornick

Okay, so the most interesting comment to me was that the Monsters, Inc door coaster is on the table for pretty much any expansion option. Hopefully, this means they will start working on it soon since Soundstage 1 is essentially empty (not truly, but it's backstage) and it could help increase the attraction count for the park in the short term. Correct me if I am wrong, though, but would they need to shut down the Backlot before opening Monsters, Inc? Because the intention was for the entrance to the ride to be from the back of Soundstage 1. At least according to this description from Jim Hill from back in 2008. I'm assuming they'd use similar plans.

scpergj

Who is paying for the $160 signature dinners at Brown Derby or Kouzzina? In this economy? There are only so many defense contractors/private army folks out there.

Careful throwing that one out there...we're not all THAT rich. I mean, I do well and all...but $160 for dinner is way more than even I can do on my meager defense contractor salary...

Monorails still reek and are not reliable. .

Ha!! now that's funny....!!!

Nothing to see at GF ... no timeshares being built.

your other post about the peanuts shows how stupid the average guest is...in which case Disney actually thinks nobody will realize what is really happening.

Next Starbucks will be EPCOT and will be Fountainview.

WDW parking lots are in pathetic shape and Studios has been so neglected that it floods every time it rains.

Yeah, I've noticed that, too. Actually, quite a number of large deep puddles all over property after rain. Don't get me started on how hard it is to run on the Boardwalk at 7 AM after they have just finished washing it down...slippery, those boards can be. And running on slippery stuff was very bad for my lower back...

scpergj

Well I do not participate in those conversations and I would hope that all do not wear blinders on how High Schoolers act, because I promise you that all of us are not the same and there are a group of us that are extremely mature.

My son is very mature...and has an IQ above 160, a black belt in Karate, and is an all-state musician. He also wouldn't dare correct adults having an adult discussion. Apparently you were never taught how children should respect their elders. If you don't like or understand parts of a discussion, instead of telling the adults how we should speak (or, in this case, write), maybe you should go discuss it with you mommy and discuss your 'feelings' about it.

As for you being mature....not so much. Telling adults how to speak is the mark of a very immature, insecure child.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom