WDW Picture of the Day (Continued)

joanna71985

Here are some easy tips.
• Keep the camera on P mode.
• Pop up the flash for all pictures where your subject is within 15 feet (indoor and out).
• Set your ISO to 100 for bright outdoor shots, 200 or 400 for overcast or indoor shots, and as high as it will go for indoor low light shots where you're not allowed to use a flash (such as on dark rides) or low light when your subject is more than 15 feet away.

Don't worry about shutter speed or f-stop until you feel you're ready. Then start with shutter speed. I'm still learning myself how they all work together and affect each other.

That's good to know!

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Here are some easy tips.
• Keep the camera on P mode.
• Pop up the flash for all pictures where your subject is within 15 feet (indoor and out).
• Set your ISO to 100 for bright outdoor shots, 200 or 400 for overcast or indoor shots, and as high as it will go for indoor low light shots where you're not allowed to use a flash (such as on dark rides) or low light when your subject is more than 15 feet away.

Don't worry about shutter speed or f-stop until you feel you're ready. Then start with shutter speed. I'm still learning myself how they all work together and affect each other.

Thanks for the tips. I got the DSLR since I wanted to start learning about apature, shutter speed and how they affect each other. I've been adjusting shutter speed so far. Still trying different stuff. I know it can take professional grade photos, I just need to learn how. Using P or the green box just seems like "cheating". :)

DocAudio

177PI.jpg

Hammer1310

P1010096Everest.jpg

I took this in '05 and it's on the Everest page on this site but I thought I would repost it here. This thread, and all the amazing pics from all of you, made me go through my stuff again and I was amazed how used to the finished attraction I've become. I'll repost some of the other construction stuff later, I just like this one because I've taken this angle so many times in the last couple of years with a finished mountain.
Thanks again to everyone here for sharing so many great shots!!

imamouse

Don't know what you consider bulky, but you might want to take a look at the Canon S5 IS. We have the S3 IS and LOVE and ADORE it! For the money, IMHO, there is nothing better on the market. It takes amazing pictures and is easy to use.

Thanks, but my Kodak Z7590 is similar to the Canon S5 IS (in body style). I'm looking for something small that I can tuck in my pocket, but with at least a 5X zoom (or better). Any other suggestions? Anyone :lookaroun?

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Thanks, but my Kodak Z7590 is similar to the Canon S5 IS (in body style). I'm looking for something small that I can tuck in my pocket, but with at least a 5X zoom (or better). Any other suggestions? Anyone :lookaroun?

Check out the Canon SD series. I have the older SD550 and love it. Great pictures, big screen, good zoom and small enough to put in your pocket. Here's the new one, the SD750. If you want to spring for it, go for the SD800 with image stabilization.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/c...&fcategoryid=145&modelid=14919#ModelDetailAct

imamouse

Check out the Canon SD series. I have the older SD550 and love it. Great pictures, big screen, good zoom and small enough to put in your pocket. Here's the new one, the SD750. If you want to spring for it, go for the SD800 with image stabilization.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/c...&fcategoryid=145&modelid=14919#ModelDetailAct

Now that's what I'm talking about! Thanks for the recommendation. I also found a Kodak with a 5X zoom, so I'll look at both. Any other suggestions? Anyone? :lookaroun

KeeKee

You might want to consider this Olympus:

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1314

Or any of the Olympus Stylus, Stylus SW, or FE cameras. We have both Canon and Olympus cameras all the way from the small P&S up to the DSLRs and have had no problems with any of them. I have a small Olympus (no longer made) that I use when it's not convenient to carry the DSLR that takes great pictures. Of course, it's not as versatile, but it gets the job done nicely.

sissa216

I have the panasonic lumix dmc tz1 (they've since come out with the panasonic tz3 if you search for it), and it's pretty nice for a little point and shoot. It has 10X optical (I don't know what digital, but I don't even mess with the digital zoom), and image stabilization.
The big draw for me was exactly what you're looking for; a very good zoom in the smallest form possible (as far as I know, the smallest out there). And it does ok too; you can check out quite a few of my pictures that I posted in a trip report a few months ago.

Edit: here's the tz3 (and it's actually less expensive at the moment than the older version; they've tweaked it a bit, and increased the MP from 5 to 7)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom