WDW Picture of the Day (Continued)

The Mom

Premium Member
I'm locking this thread long enough to clean it up!!!

NOW, Once I reopen it, I want it to go back to being...

1. Photos of WDW ONLY...not your dolls, toys, dogs, cars, etc. Photos of yourself should be with a clearly identifiable WDW background.

2.One photo per person per day.

3.No repeat photos, please.

4.Please limit comments to the photos, with NO personal remarks ABOUT THE PERSON POSTING IT. Please limit smilies in posts.

5. No dialogue between posters, please. The majority of posters just want to look at the pretty pictures, and do not want to read conversations (or arguments) between posters. A short comment about the photo is OK; a long post describing your whole trip is not. No one wants to read through a pages of exchanges between one or two posters (except for those few posters) before seeing a new photo.

Anyone who continues with this sort of behavior will be warned, then banned.

I hope I have made myself perfectly clear. I don't care who started it, it's over.

I've spent the last hour going through and cleaning up this thread. I may have missed a few posts, but please ignore them.

One last warning before I reopen this. We are ALL expected to act like adults. I do not want internet squables brought here. You are to reply to posts in a civil, adult fashion, without rude, sarcastic, personal attacks, even if you disagree. You are to post in an ADULT fashion, even if it's not your style. You are not to post just to get a rise out of people. You are not to monopolize any forums; please keep your responses short and sweet, if possible.

Flower'sChild

I met the King in DisneyWorld :)

I have been friends with King Howie for over a year and I have always wanted to meet him :) Well in August a dream came true :sohappy:

HowieandTimmeetatSuzyandPerlacha-6.jpg

The Mom

Premium Member
1.Photos of WDW ONLY...
4.Please limit comments to the photos, with NO personal remarks. Please limit smilies in posts.

:rolleyes:

OK. Yes, he did post earlier...several hours ago. I think I'll let it ride. I was more concerned about people posting several photos at once. The no personal remarks was meant for comments about other posters, not a poster's comments about his/her photo. I don't consider one smilie to be at all excessive.

I do, however, find YOUR post to be a bit on the nit-picking side, KWIM? I consider someone following a poster around to make sure that he/she follows all of the rules to the letter to be close to stalking. If you notice a problem, just hit the report to moderator button. Just choose your battles carefully. Enough said.

mpoppins76

1.Photos of WDW ONLY...
4.Please limit comments to the photos, with NO personal remarks. Please limit smilies in posts.

:rolleyes:
Wait, I'm confused. Can someone clarify the rules for me? This picture looks to be taken at a character meal on property. Are those photos ok for us to post? :shrug:

The Mom

Premium Member
Wait, I'm confused. Can someone clarify the rules for me? This picture looks to be taken at a character meal on property. Are those photos ok for us to post? :shrug:

Of course. As I said, if it's an identifiable WDW background, the photos are OK. Photos of objects/people that are taken on property, but not as easily identifiable, such as animals at AK or AKL, are in a grey area, but are generally OK. A WDW snowglobe sitting on a table, for example, even if taken in a room at WDW, really belongs elsewhere.

Some photos, along with posts, will be judged on a case by case basis...that's why this site has moderators.

Shere_Khan

1. Photos of WDW ONLY...not your dolls, toys, dogs, cars, etc. Photos of yourself should be with a clearly identifiable WDW background.

Yes it is ok, it is a WDW background. Suzie is in the pic for goodness sake!
Clearly this person is just trying to find anything they can to start this argument back up again. Makes me tired.
And thanks Mom for doing all that you do. Like you said, if you see something questionable, all you need to do is report it and a mod will take care of it. That is why we have mods. Pointing out other people's mistakes to try and make them look dumb is the thing that bothers me the most around here.

Flower'sChild

OK. Yes, he did post earlier...several hours ago. I think I'll let it ride. I was more concerned about people posting several photos at once. The no personal remarks was meant for comments about other posters, not a poster's comments about his/her photo. I don't consider one smilie to be at all excessive.

I do, however, find YOUR post to be a bit on the nit-picking side, KWIM? I consider someone following a poster around to make sure that he/she follows all of the rules to the letter to be close to stalking. If you notice a problem, just hit the report to moderator button. Just choose your battles carefully. Enough said.

I was thinking that my post of Minnie kissing me was before midnight, so that is why I posted the photo of Howie and me today. Most of the time I do post one photo a day, but today I just got a little confused.

Flower'sChild

A WDW snowglobe sitting on a table, for example, even if taken in a room at WDW, really belongs elsewhere.

There is something about the doll thing that I was not sure of. I believe you are saying a photo of like one of my Disney dolls in my hotel room should be posted like on another forum such as ( trip report and the photo board )

What I was not sure of is this: in the past I have posted a photo of like Alice holding my Alice doll. Are those kinds of photos okay, since it's not just a photo of the doll, but it's also a photo of a Disney character in DisneyWorld.

I just want to be sure I understand what you are saying here :)

The Mom

Premium Member
There is something about the doll thing that I was not sure of. I believe you are saying a photo of like one of my Disney dolls in my hotel room should be posted like on another forum such as ( trip report and the photo board )

What I was not sure of is this: is in the past I have posted a photo of like Alice holding my Alice doll. Are those kinds of photos okay, since it's not just a photo of the doll, but it's also a photo of a Disney character in DisneyWorld.

I just want to be sure I understand what you are saying here :)

A photo of Alice holding Alice is fine, as long as it hasn't been posted previously. ;)

k.hunter30

We're going to a dueling piano place here in Nashville tonight, so I wanted to post this to get me in the mood! :sohappy:

jellyrolls.jpg

jellyrolls_piano.jpg

I wish I could remember these guys ^^ names... :rolleyes:

The Mom

Premium Member
Before anyone says anything...yes, I know there are two photos in the above post. :rolleyes: They are both needed to explain the photo of the pianist, and I thought it was more effective than saying "This is a photo taken at Jelly Rolls."

It's following the spirit of the law, rather than just the letter of the law, in order to make things pleasant for everyone, rather than just a few.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom