WDW expansion and new attractions announcement - what do you think?

What is your opinion of today's expansion announcements?

• LOVE IT! This is exactly what was needed.

Votes: 170 50.3%
  • GOOD. Step in the right direction.

Votes: 139 41.1%
  • SO-SO. Not overly impressed.

Votes: 23 6.8%
  • UGH. Not good enough, I expected more.

Votes: 6 1.8%

• Total voters

imagineer boy

I think its good for the most part. There are some aspects I don't like about these plans (like getting rid of Toon Town entirely) but it over all should be a big improvement.

Main Street USA

How anyone can look at that one piece of concept art and think this is a bad thing is beyond me. This is a flat out overhaul of not only the physical aspects of an ENTIRE land, but an entirely new idea in how it's presented emotionally.

Right now we simply have ride next to ride, primarily directed at children. As posted quite well above, this heads in the direction of World Showcase, and brings a taste of what adults can enjoy, too.

_Scar

My opinion - This annihilates Universal's addition.

Woah, woah. Harry Potter is going to be a thrilling awesome on a whole new level. Fantasyland will be also be on a whole new level. FLand will attract families. Harry Potter will attract young adults.

MousDad

Thank you, thank you for finally giving Orlando some love! I'm happy.

One final request though - please don't ignore Epcot for too long.

IlikeDW

I like it all, but I'm not a big Fantasyland kind of guy, which is what most of this is about.
Try to keep an open mind about what I'm going to say:
Disney movies are often "kid's movies."
Pixar movies are often "family movies."
Fantasyland is a "kid's park."
I want something that is more of a "family park." No, I'm not saying it should be a bunch of Pixar stuff, I'm just using that as a comparison.
And this is all my personal opinion. I love the classics because they're what I grew up with. This new stuff is just, in my eyes, little girl stuff.

I've said what I wanted to say, and I hope that you respect my opinion, but I'm putting on my flame-retardant suit just in case...

The Classics:
Snow White
Sleeping Beauty
Cinderella
Dumbo

plus three modern classics
POOH
Beauty and the Beast
Little Mermaid

Not busting on your opinion, but I cant imagine being any more classic than Fantasyland. Have been riding Pooh, Sleeping Beauty, Dumbo and Cindy Carousel with my daughter. When she was 4, 6 and 8 and I can imagine still doing it when she is 16 and together remembering how it was when she was little. Now we will be able to add Mermaid. On top of that I think the dedicated amped up meet and greats are great, if you have never stood in line in the wonderfully themed "TENT" waiting 45 min to see the princesses you would not understand how much better the new set up is. I think WDW should be all about different stroke for different folks. Rides and attractions Families can do together if the want. Not every attraction needs to appeal to the entire group as long as there are enough that all can do some for mom/dad and the girls, some for mom/dad and the boys, some for the teens. I think that is why WDW has done so well it has things for everyone and a few things that may not not be. That just how I feel though.

Atomicmickey

That is one of the most beautiful pieces of concept art since . . . . well, it reminds me of the Epcot art.

I agree, this turns Fantasyland into AN ENTIRE LAND. The best thing they could have done to counter Potter--expand on their core. I don't care about princesses, I just wanna wander around in that place--and that is what Disney does better than anyone else.

Look at the water! The hills! The forest.

The whole land is an F Ticket, lol. BRING. IT. ON.

Anyone know when the walls are going to go up in FL for work to start?

Main Street USA

Woah, woah. Harry Potter is going to be a thrilling awesome on a whole new level. Fantasyland will be also be on a whole new level. FLand will attract families. Harry Potter will attract young adults.
Exactly. That's the difference between Universal and WDW, and has been for a long time. Also the reason I don't go to Universal anymore. It's teen world. Teen World is a step in the direction of Six Flags...and I'm walking the other way.

naoboo

I'm loving this news. In my last couple of trips to DW, I was always underwhelmed by Fantasyland. I can't wait to explore the new expansion. :D

SirGoofy

It's a good step in the right direction.

This does not solve all of WDW's problems, heck it doesn't solve all of MK's problems, IMO.

But it is a wonderful step in the right direction, and I couldn't be happier.

GET THE HECK OUT OF ADVENTURELAND ALADDIN!:sohappy:

EPCOT Explorer

I'm loving it...It's fantastic in scope, look, feel, everything.:sohappy:

Gonna work WONDERS for the MK which has not seen something this large since 1992.

However...my gripe...EPCOT?:eek: DAK, too...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom