WDW Confirms a HUGE Rumor Proof right here...

TP2000

Isn't it the truth though...?:lookaroun:lookaroun

I mean, I have heard some things...

So we are supposed to believe that the OP, an innocent little lamb of a Disney fan, fired off a three sentence email asking about a new land for DAK. And then, a sinister CM high on office party eggnog hijacked the Walt Disney World Guest Communcations email system and replied back with a "confirmation" of just such a new land for DAK. And since the eggnog was really kicking in this sinister CM disabled the spellcheck feature on the response program and filled the email with grammar errors and incorrect use of Walt Disney Company nomenclature? :cool:

Really? That's what we are supposed to believe? Really?!?

If that's the case, why not just start planning for a Meet for April 15, 2012 so we can all ride the Great Barrier Reef Rusher Gusher E Ticket in DAK's new Australia land? :lol:

JWG

So WDW1974 spews his doom/gloom information and he gets stoned for saying such "negative" and bad things about WDW.

This person gives us a great potential rumor of a brand new land and he's stoned for having a blue sky type positive rumor on the site that appears to have actually come from WDW (even if false).

What exactly are we hoping to read around here in the rumors section? Nothing bad or that the mouse isn't keeping to its own standard but nothing good or that new things are maybe coming...

We're the worst bunch of hypocrites I've ever read (and I'm not excluding myself - I too question the ability for a new land to open in 2012 with no work being done yet).

EPCOT Explorer

I often hear things, my doctor calls it schizophrenia... :lookaroun

You're all threating the OP like a criminal...

THESE ARE JUST FORUMS... Most posts are based on weak rumors... :mad:
I never attacked him!:lol: I kinda supported him, in a way. I was just was wondering if there was any truth to the "rumor";)

TP2000

So WDW1974 spews his doom/gloom information and he gets stoned for saying such "negative" and bad things about WDW.

This person gives us a great potential rumor of a brand new land and he's stoned for having a blue sky type positive rumor on the site that appears to have actually come from WDW (even if false).

What exactly are we hoping to read around here in the rumors section? Nothing bad or that the mouse isn't keeping to its own standard but nothing good or that new things are maybe coming...

We're the worst bunch of hypocrites I've ever read (and I'm not excluding myself - I too question the ability for a new land to open in 2012 with no work being done yet).

It's one thing to post a rumor, or talk about rumors from other established insiders. But it's yet another thing to fabricate an email and post it on a public board as "proof" that a brand new land is opening in three years.

Rumors are fun, even if they are vague, but people shouldn't think we can just fall for any lie or fabrication dreamed up on a snowy afternoon in front of the laptop.

Disneyson 1

Watch as Disney announces the construction of "Mysterious Island" tomorrow to kick of Disney's finale to "What will you celebrate - The biggest celebration of all, WDW's 40th".

EPCOT Explorer

I don't know how I managed to miss these posts::rolleyes:
Really? You think an entirely new land with attractions, stores and restaurants opens in DAK in 2012? I find that hard to believe, if not near impossible.

We went over this in the 40th Anniversary thread about how no new attraction will make it to WDW by 2011. But it is the same concept as a new land opening by 2012.

A Spring or Summer, 2012 grand opening means the entire thing needs to be at the 90% completion stage and undergoing l test and adjust mode in just about three years time, if not actually a few months short of three years. With that timetable, the bulldozers needed to have moved in three months ago. But they didn't. And there's not a bulldozer in sight. Not even a rumor of a bulldozer.

Not to mention the fact that absolutely nothing has leaked out about any sort of new land for DAK anytime recently. Unless, of course, you count that ridiculous tale Jim Hill told earlier this year about "Night Kingdom" and the expensive ultra-luxury boutique park that he assured us would be built in a few years. Night Kingdom is dead, if it even existed beyond a few hazy blue sky sketches and some bad info sent to Jim Hill's cabin in New Hampshire.

If any new C or D Ticket attraction is opening in DAK in 2012 the bulldozers need to move in within three months. If a new E Ticket is opening in 2012 the bulldozers needed to have been there last month. And if an entirely new land full of shops, restaurants and an E Ticket attraction is opening in 2012 the bulldozers needed to have been there back in August.

Still not a bulldozer in sight. :lol:
Look, no need to get hostile...I'm just speculating on info I have heard and gleaned through friends and connections. Nothing more.
So we are supposed to believe that the OP, an innocent little lamb of a Disney fan, fired off a three sentence email asking about a new land for DAK. And then, a sinister CM high on office party eggnog hijacked the Walt Disney World Guest Communcations email system and replied back with a "confirmation" of just such a new land for DAK. And since the eggnog was really kicking in this sinister CM disabled the spellcheck feature on the response program and filled the email with grammar errors and incorrect use of Walt Disney Company nomenclature? :cool:

Really? That's what we are supposed to believe? Really?!?

If that's the case, why not just start planning for a Meet for April 15, 2012 so we can all ride the Great Barrier Reef Rusher Gusher E Ticket in DAK's new Australia land? :lol:
Nope, never said that. I was going on my own info for that one.
:lol:;)

:wave:

EpcotServo

I don't know how I managed to miss these posts::rolleyes:

Look, no need to get hostile...I'm just speculating on info I have heard and gleaned through friends and connections. Nothing more.

Nope, never said that. I was going on my own info for that one.
:lol:;)

:wave:

*whispers on stage to Evan*

Pssstttt!

Pssssttt!

You're dying out there!

:lol:

Tim G

Only one click away... :lookaroun

samp9f7b50fc1a8038e1.jpg

RSoxNo1

I don't believe it said at what point in 2012. End of 2012 for a new land isn't ridiculous. The e-mail appears to be from Disney, but I think the credibility of the source of the e-mail is the most suspect thing about it. For all we know the person at Disney that sent the e-mail could be cruising forums like this, discussing things at the water cooler and threw this out there. I doubt that information like this would be released so easily prior to an actual press release/announcement.

Was Tim G another username before? I'm thrown as that's my name and last initial as well, and figured I probably would have noticed the other 11000 posts at some point prior to this month.

Computer Magic

I don't believe it said at what point in 2012. End of 2012 for a new land isn't ridiculous. The e-mail appears to be from Disney, but I think the credibility of the source of the e-mail is the most suspect thing about it. For all we know the person at Disney that sent the e-mail could be cruising forums like this, discussing things at the water cooler and threw this out there. I doubt that information like this would be released so easily prior to an actual press release/announcement.

Was Tim G another username before? I'm thrown as that's my name and last initial as well, and figured I probably would have noticed the other 11000 posts at some point prior to this month.
Corrus is back :sohappy:

But didn't Corrus state the wand wasn't coming down either :animwink:

MKCP 1985

Corrus is back :sohappy:

But didn't Corrus state the wand wasn't coming down either :animwink:

He sure did! Yay, that must mean Austrailialand is on its waaaay! :p

There is NOTHING about this thread that would require its closure. :mad:

If its bad info, well, it is a rumor that may or may not have come from Disney Guest Services or whatever.

this is the RUMORS forum.

The "confirmed announcements" forum is over there . . .

This rumor gives us all something to talk about, other than whether WDW is going to the netherworldl in a hand basket.

Computer Magic

If its bad info, well, it is a rumor that may or may not have come from Disney Guest Services or whatever.

This rumor gives us all something to talk about, other than whether WDW is going to the netherworldl in a hand basket.
my question is why would a CM write in an email about something that isn't true. Wouldn't that be grounds for firing? I don't think WDW has a rumor section...So if the email is legit, then I say the information on the email is legit.

The OP should respond to the email and see where it gets him. Maybe a follow about how great it is there is a new land coming in 2012 and see where it goes :shrug:

GenerationX

It seems to me as though it would be highly plausible to create a new land by 2012 if it were replacing an existing land. Goodbye, Camp Minnie-Mickey; Hello, Australia or South America or Antarctica. Hopefully, bookings will go up, and this will actually happen.

Pongo

That's exactly what I was thinking too. We're just discussing something, and frankly, such a strong urge to deny it seems like a cover up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom