Walt Disney World's Enchanted Tiki Room getting some Outside Love soon

FigmentJedi

I'm sure I have missed something here but how does Stitch really fit into Adventureland? I can see "moving" him if SGE is really on the chopping block but I'm not sure I can get pumped up about him coming to the Tiki Room.

Tiki Room by it's very nature has a Hawaiian/Polynesian background to it. Stitch lives in Hawaii, the island of Kauai to be exact. Do the math.

Magicot

Tiki Room by it's very nature has a Hawaiian/Polynesian background to it. Stitch lives in Hawaii, the island of Kauai to be exact. Do the math.
That's just like saying they should put a Cars attraction in Frontierland. 'What? Cars takes place in the West- it fits right?' :hammer:Keep Stitch out of Adventureland. 'Nuff said.

Exprcoofto

Stitch is an alien... at least Iago and Zazu are birds. On another note... after seeing Disneyland's Tiki Room so many times during the past 9 days, I do not want to even step foot into WDW's. :hurl::hurl: I would love to see the Enchanted Tiki Garden if anything....

FigmentJedi

That's just like saying they should put a Cars attraction in Frontierland. 'What? Cars takes place in the West- it fits right?' :hammer:Keep Stitch out of Adventureland. 'Nuff said.

Tiki Room is also a relatively contemporarily set attraction compared to the rest of Adventureland, they might just be able to get away with Stitch and the less annoying side of him that comes in the later half of the movie and the series as opposed to the obnoxious thing he's been Flanderized into by both Disney marketing and the fans who started hating Stitch only because Great Escape made them hate him.

Cars on the other hand doesn't belong in Frontierland because of time setting and the general aesthetic of the area, what with it and LIberty Square being a geographical trip through the history of America. Don't assume I'm some moron who advocates mindless character additions.

007mickey

I've done the math and it still is a bad idea that doesn't fit IMO. He's got a stage show now, keep him in Tomorrowland. Others have said it and I agree, Every ride does not have to involve a movie character.

FigmentJedi

I've done the math and it still is a bad idea that doesn't fit IMO. He's got a stage show now, keep him in Tomorrowland. Others have said it and I agree, Every ride does not have to involve a movie character.

I'd still prefer it over what we have now. At least in the Tokyo show that exists now, Stitch isn't being all "Herp a derp, the old version is boring and outdated, we need to make it hip, edgy and XTREME" like Iago is now. Stitch's presence is constantly hinted at until showing up at the end, giving the birds a lot more singing time.
Plus again, the Stitch Tiki room plans would call for the closing of Great Escape and that crappy stage show is just a crappy quick fix until Space Mountain reopens.
And yes I would like to see some more original stuff in the parks. The trick is trying to bring back more of a balance between original and character/movie related stuff, not just as having attractions being one or the other, but blending it a little on occasion too.

007mickey

And yes I would like to see some more original stuff in the parks. The trick is trying to bring back more of a balance between original and character/movie related stuff, not just as having attractions being one or the other, but blending it a little on occasion too.

I agree on this completely.

I know a lot of people gripe about decisions Disney makes (at times, I am one of them) but at the end of the day, there is still no other place that comes close to the complete entertainment package that Walt Disney World offers my family.

If Stitch comes to the Tiki Room, I'll check it out along with every other attraction Disney offers.

puntagordabob

Original Poster
I I had my choice I would pick the original, although I think the Stitch one is very well done.

Everything I've heard about the Tikis from Orlando points to Stitch coming in.

Wouldnt that be great? Stitch has been so popular at the WDW-MK hasnt he? Assuming that DIS BOARDS is a good reference point, I'd say Stitch is about as beloved as his Burps... if they drag him to yet another attraction in the MK it will probably cause people to hoist Stitch onto a pitchfork.

Why is Stitch being rammed down our throats at WDW.... he was on he monorail messages (stich kingdom), he is in SGE, now the TL show, and threats of him going to the Tiki Room?

They could send Stitch to Universal Studios (Take Iago please too) ;)

Seriously, Stitch is like a Gremlin (a random trouble causing guy), he would be Great on a thrill ride like a roller coaster where he is trying to derail the car, or some other miscievious danger....but as the center of a stationary attraction, show or entertainment he is not the ideal choice for Master of Ceremonies

puntagordabob

Original Poster
I'm not sure I should take news/rumors/advise from someone who uses the word Irreguardless...that's not a word. :lookaroun :shrug:

Irregardless is a term meaning in spite of or anyway, that has caused controversy since it first appeared in the early twentieth century. It is generally listed in dictionaries as "incorrect" or "nonstandard".

I was typing fast, it was a typo...I am not perfect, neither are you Mate... and it still does not have any bearing on what I wrote.

Magicot

Tiki Room is also a relatively contemporarily set attraction compared to the rest of Adventureland, they might just be able to get away with Stitch and the less annoying side of him that comes in the later half of the movie and the series as opposed to the obnoxious thing he's been Flanderized into by both Disney marketing and the fans who started hating Stitch only because Great Escape made them hate him.

Cars on the other hand doesn't belong in Frontierland because of time setting and the general aesthetic of the area, what with it and LIberty Square being a geographical trip through the history of America. Don't assume I'm some moron who advocates mindless character additions.
I agree that Stitch is disliked by many because of the less than stellar attraction's he's starred in. But his supposed "annoyingness" isn't the reason why he doesn't belong in Adventureland. Stitch is an alien. He does NOT fit in Adventureland whatsoever. AL is themed to resemble the remote jungles in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, desert islands, South America, and the South Pacific. AL is tribal performance masks, Congo drums, non-American totem poles, exotic animal statues, and remote, exotic architecture. Stitch doesn't even come close to being a part of that atmosphere. He would be considered a mindless character addition. :brick:

jt04

I agree that Stitch is disliked by many because of the less than stellar attraction's he's starred in. But his supposed "annoyingness" isn't the reason why he doesn't belong in Adventureland. Stitch is an alien. He does NOT fit in Adventureland whatsoever. AL is themed to resemble the remote jungles in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, desert islands, South America, and the South Pacific. AL is tribal performance masks, Congo drums, non-American totem poles, exotic animal statues, and remote, exotic architecture. Stitch doesn't even come close to being a part of that atmosphere. He would be considered a mindless character addition. :brick:

In context of the original movie it is not totally mindless. Having him in an attraction in TL however, may be.

puntagordabob

Original Poster
In context of the original movie it is not totally mindless. Having him in an attraction in TL however, may be.

No I disagree... Stitch is from outer space...it does not matter if he was in Hawaii in the movie....The Tiki Room does not need an alien....

They should take Stitch and Iago and stick them somewhere else where they can annoy one another privately. Iazu is welcome to remain in the Tiki Room...

As for the inference of being mindless to have Stitch in TL which is a future/space/sci-fiction oriented MK land just leaves me speechless. Alien = Future = Science-fiction (or perhaps true science in many circles)... Of course SHOULD he be in Magic Kingdom at all is perhaps the real question!

Why not move him to EPCOT and let him be the center of one of the innovations exhibits...or here is a thought, why MUST we have a Stitch attraction at all?

SirGoofy

Wouldnt that be great? Stitch has been so popular at the WDW-MK hasnt he? Assuming that DIS BOARDS is a good reference point, I'd say Stitch is about as beloved as his Burps... if they drag him to yet another attraction in the MK it will probably cause people to hoist Stitch onto a pitchfork.

Why is Stitch being rammed down our throats at WDW.... he was on he monorail messages (stich kingdom), he is in SGE, now the TL show, and threats of him going to the Tiki Room?

They could send Stitch to Universal Studios (Take Iago please too) ;)

Seriously, Stitch is like a Gremlin (a random trouble causing guy), he would be Great on a thrill ride like a roller coaster where he is trying to derail the car, or some other miscievious danger....but as the center of a stationary attraction, show or entertainment he is not the ideal choice for Master of Ceremonies

Except if Stitch went to Tiki, SGE would be gone. An instant improvement. Killing two of the worst attractions in MK with one stone, and bringing in a very well done show from Tokyo.

And Stitch is far from the "master of ceremonies" in the Stitch Tiki Room.

Animaniac93-98

Except if Stitch went to Tiki, SGE would be gone. An instant improvement. Killing two of the worst attractions in MK with one stone, and bringing in a very well done show from Tokyo.

Would it be a direct translated to English clone or something a bit different, like using the original theme song in full?

Edit: Also, what would replace SGE?

imagineer boy

I'd still prefer it over what we have now. At least in the Tokyo show that exists now, Stitch isn't being all "Herp a derp, the old version is boring and outdated, we need to make it hip, edgy and XTREME" like Iago is now. Stitch's presence is constantly hinted at until showing up at the end, giving the birds a lot more singing time.
Plus again, the Stitch Tiki room plans would call for the closing of Great Escape and that crappy stage show is just a crappy quick fix until Space Mountain reopens.

VERY well said! :sohappy:

And Stitch is far from the "master of ceremonies" in the Stitch Tiki Room.

I agree, and what if they added Lilo to the attraction as well? That would definately enforse the hawaiian theme.

There is big problem with bringing back the orignal tiki room. Disneyland's is successful now because 1. Its the Walt Disney original 2. Its located at the enterance of AL with cool torches that beckon people in 3. The locals love it. WDW's has neither of these.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom