Walt Disney World's Enchanted Tiki Room getting some Outside Love soon

Vernonpush

Yes I've seen the videos months ago when there was a long thread about stitch coming to WDW's Tiki Room. It is well done, if you like stitch. I just don't like him in places where he doesn't belong. Such as DL's small world and TDL's Tiki Room. He fits better with an alien theme, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Then send him to The Great Movie Ride's Alien scene.:lol:

Oriolesmagic

Yes I've seen the videos months ago when there was a long thread about stitch coming to WDW's Tiki Room. It is well done, if you like stitch. I just don't like him in places where he doesn't belong. Such as DL's small world and TDL's Tiki Room. He fits better with an alien theme, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Then send him to The Great Movie Ride's Alien scene.:lol:

Aw man that would be terrible...

FigmentJedi

Stitch is a fine character. He's just been mishandled to the max.

This. Seriously. Only reason most people hate Stitch here is how Disney marketing has overpromoted him and the constant misusage whenever they bring him into an attraction at the parks, Tokyo Tiki Room being the exception

puntagordabob

Original Poster
Stick him in River Country or Discovery Island!:lookaroun:ROFLOL:

LOL.... Poor Stitch!

It really looks better than our Tiki room currently but Stitch doesn't deserve to be in Adventureland, let alone Tomorrowland. Stick him in Disneyquest.

Actually Disneyquest would be appropriate...he could be the character tie-in for there.

Have you watched the video of the Stitch Tiki Room? It's well done.

As for outside help, I've just heard painting/landscaping. Make it much more pretty than it has looked recently.

Under New Management is well done... doesnt make it something we all love however.

I wish they would change WDW's Tiki Room back!!!! The Under New Management ruined that attraction for me and my Family. I look forward to Disneyland Tiki room just to see how the attraction is supposed to be.

Totally Agree.....

People had quit going into the old attraction for the most part which is why they did the overlay and why Stitch is probably on the way.

Stitch is not on his way as a sure thing... The REAL reason people stopped coming (and the same thing happened at disneyland) is that Disney had not maintained either Tiki Room very well...birds losing feathers...flowers trying to sing with dangling mouths...both tiki room buildings for the most part "decaying" from lack of TLC.... A lot of people are turned off by stuff thats "run-down" old...so the people would leave in droves... The Tiki Room in Florida was made new & shiny as was the Tiki Room in Anaheim...only difference is New management versus the modified original show. Disneyland's Tiki Room is doing great and is beloved (even is or was in their version of Wishes! Remember Dreams Come true! fireworks...I cannot IMAGINE the current Tiki Room being so honored here at WDW.

I agree, but if it's done well I really can't complain.

In my opinion Under New Management quality is super...is just that most of us hate the show lol. Now the Disneyland show, THAT is a show! :)

polynesiangirl

*sigh* I do wish they'd do something with this show.

I'm not usually the type to get all worked up about this stuff, but I can say with total honesty that I have seen that show exactly once since they changed it, and I will never be back until they change it again.

Enchantâmes

Ahem... I believe the original show should just be brought back. Stitch now has an outdoor show, lets let him have that, remove SGE and leave him out of the Tiki Room. I don't care if it is "well done", that doesn't make up for the tacky idea and show. I would like to have the enchanted fountain back, I would like to hear the Hawaiian War chant again. Something better than watching a blue fur ball play a ukulele while the birds sing songs you can hear on the old Stitch TV show. I know the current show isn't wonderful but at least I can enjoy it to an extent. I'm just glad DL still has the original show that still packs the room every show. I saw it several times this last December and not a soul walked out. Stitch in the Tiki Room does not please me one bit and it shouldn't please anyone that we have to sell out what could be beautiful again for a piece of utter crap. Stitch has a stage show let him have that and let it be done with.

bugsbunny

Semi-off topic, but one interesting thing about the Tiki Room is that the thatched palm roof would be impossible due to fire code reasons. You basically cannot make an occupied structure with combustible materials like that. That's right up there with storing hay in an occupied buidling (like a home center).

WDW being so ingenious, they simply made it all out of aluminum. You can't tell from ground level and nobody would ever know unless you have either taken the Keys to the Kingdom tour or if you stand up on the bench right at the entrance and flick the "thatch" hanging off the roof. It makes a nice ding sound.

J.E.Smith

Well, I for one wouldn't mind it if Stitch were to show up in the Tiki Room. I think the idea has potential, but I wouldn't want to see a 100% translation of the Tokyo show, Particularly because of the rushed ending where the birds are like "Okay, okay, you can sing with us. Just stop messing us up! Seesh..."

I did however, like the mood of both "Aloha E Komo Mai" numbers. So, I took the basic elements of the Tokyo show and reworked them into a fan script for a possible English version, but added in three of the original host birds, Lilo, and also changed the plot slightly to change the solution to Stitch's hijinks. If you're curious to see another possible way they can do the show, give it a look:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=347669

NMBC1993

I just see one problem with the entire thing....who is going to voice Stitch? It worked in Japan because they needed someone who could speak Japanese but we've grown to have Stitch sound a certain way and it's not like Disney can go to Chris Sanders and say "Hey, how’s it going?...yeah I know we left on a bad note but, it's all in the past, right?"

EPCOT Explorer

Semi-off topic, but one interesting thing about the Tiki Room is that the thatched palm roof would be impossible due to fire code reasons. You basically cannot make an occupied structure with combustible materials like that. That's right up there with storing hay in an occupied buidling (like a home center).

WDW being so ingenious, they simply made it all out of aluminum. You can't tell from ground level and nobody would ever know unless you have either taken the Keys to the Kingdom tour or if you stand up on the bench right at the entrance and flick the "thatch" hanging off the roof. It makes a nice ding sound.

Very interesting. I might have to try that.:D:lookaroun

J.E.Smith

I just see one problem with the entire thing....who is going to voice Stitch? It worked in Japan because they needed someone who could speak Japanese but we've grown to have Stitch sound a certain way and it's not like Disney can go to Chris Sanders and say "Hey, how’s it going?...yeah I know we left on a bad note but, it's all in the past, right?"

Probably Michael Yingling, who's Stitch's sound-a-like. Yingling actually did fill in for Sanders for a few episodes for the Stitch TV series, and also did the voice for the live Stitch at DL's Innoventions. Heck, he could be doing Stitch for SuperSonic Celebration for all we know.

DisneyNut2007

People had quit going into the old attraction for the most part which is why they did the overlay and why Stitch is probably on the way.

Exactly! And the overlay IS still popular, contrary to what you change-haters like to insist on!

The "Under New Management" isn't going anywhere anytime in the future and IS a classic now!

Stop getting so bent out of shape and grow a sense of humor already! After all, to quote Roger Rabbit, "If you don't have a good sense of humor, you're better off dead."

DisneyNut2007

IMO keep Stitch as far away from The Enchanted Tiki Room as possible!!! Duckberg :brick:

And keep it in the hands (er...wings) of Iago and Zazu!

Let us have some variety in regards to the characters featured in different attractions (ie: Stitch in his Great Escape, Iago and Zazu in the Tiki Room, etc.) and maintain that variety!

Figments Friend

'Underwhelming' comes to mind.

The first few years it was open, it did not bother me all that much. As a major Animatronics fan i was enjoying the 'modern' models that were added to the Show in the forms of Zazu and Iago. The smooth motions and entertaining animation ( particularly Zazu's suttle reactions to Iagos' rantings) made it a plus for me.

Now however i am not as overly enthused, simply because i have probably seen it too many times ( i visit yearly, sometimes twice a year..). The AA's of Zazu and Iago have now visually aged to a point where they look poorly kept. On my last visit they were very obviously dirty looking and worn. The movements still worked, but their appearence was rather poor. Regular Guests probably would not notice ( or care, sadly..) but i have 'different eyes' .

I welcome a change, and if Stitch is to be included ...well, so be it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom