Walt Disney World's Enchanted Tiki Room getting some Outside Love soon

Mr.EPCOT

Exactly! And the overlay IS still popular, contrary to what you change-haters like to insist on!

The "Under New Management" isn't going anywhere anytime in the future and IS a classic now!

Stop getting so bent out of shape and grow a sense of humor already! After all, to quote Roger Rabbit, "If you don't have a good sense of humor, you're better off dead."

I see you live up to your name... :lookaroun

And keep it in the hands (er...wings) of Iago and Zazu!

Let us have some variety in regards to the characters featured in different attractions (ie: Stitch in his Great Escape, Iago and Zazu in the Tiki Room, etc.) and maintain that variety!

So having the show only starring original characters not in any film or show is somehow not maintaining that variety? :shrug:

And, no, the current show isn't popular in any sense of the word.

Bit of a random, angry thread bump...

imagineer boy

Exactly! And the overlay IS still popular, contrary to what you change-haters like to insist on!

The "Under New Management" isn't going anywhere anytime in the future and IS a classic now!

Stop getting so bent out of shape and grow a sense of humor already! After all, to quote Roger Rabbit, "If you don't have a good sense of humor, you're better off dead."

Wow, my jaw is on the floor. :lol:

How about some hard core facts to back up your claim that UNM is still popular?

Scar Junior

I don't understand the people who said bringing Stitch to Adventureland would automatically translate to the closure of SGE. Where is the basis for this 'two birds with one stone' theory?

tirian

And keep it in the hands (er...wings) of Iago and Zazu!

Let us have some variety in regards to the characters featured in different attractions (ie: Stitch in his Great Escape, Iago and Zazu in the Tiki Room, etc.) and maintain that variety!

Why should we maintain utter crap?

Ummm...no. Sorry. UNM is far from a classic. And its numbers back that up.

Yep, it's one of the least popular attractions in the MK, and with good reason.
The overlay made marketing sense in the mid-90s; but like Ellen's Energy Adventure, it's just a sad testament to how badly 90s pop culture references have aged.

tirian

I don't understand the people who said bringing Stitch to Adventureland would automatically translate to the closure of SGE. Where is the basis for this 'two birds with one stone' theory?

Nowhere, and Stitch isn't among the most popular characters anymore, hence his removal from most merchandise and the underwhelming response to his...um...dance party (?).

Figments Friend

Yep, it's one of the least popular attractions in the MK, and with good reason.
The overlay made marketing sense in the mid-90s; but like Ellen's Energy Adventure, it's just a sad testament to how badly 90s pop culture references have aged.

Well said..and that is the problem i think with trying to make things 'hip' and 'contemporary' - it AGES rather quickly..

...unlike the ORIGINAL Tiki Show. Some may find it boring, but the last time i saw it at DisneyLand it was far more entertaining and charming then what was being run at WDW.

Hopefully the 90's put any end to 'lame pop culture refs' in attractions....but then again..maybe it did'nt!

:dazzle:

Scar Junior

Nowhere, and Stitch isn't among the most popular characters anymore, hence his removal from most merchandise and the underwhelming response to his...um...dance party (?).

Agreed. But these were the posts I was referencing... I am having trouble following their logic. How does bringing Stitch to Adventureland translate into getting rid of SGE?

I'm for Stitch in WDW's Tiki Room, especially if it involves getting rid of Great Escape as well. Kill two birds and a crappy AE replacement with one stone. ...

Except if Stitch went to Tiki, SGE would be gone. An instant improvement. Killing two of the worst attractions in MK with one stone, and bringing in a very well done show from Tokyo. ...

... Plus again, the Stitch Tiki room plans would call for the closing of Great Escape and that crappy stage show is just a crappy quick fix until Space Mountain reopens. ...

Vernonpush

Well said..and that is the problem i think with trying to make things 'hip' and 'contemporary' - it AGES rather quickly..

...unlike the ORIGINAL Tiki Show. Some may find it boring, but the last time i saw it at DisneyLand it was far more entertaining and charming then what was being run at WDW.

Hopefully the 90's put any end to 'lame pop culture refs' in attractions....but then again..maybe it did'nt!

American Idol Experience:lookaroun:hammer:

Jasonflz

I hope this doesn't happen I just saw the original in DL and I'm hoping for it's return. I would like to see the Zazu and Iago AA's used some where in the parks however.

Agreed. If Stitch I will refuse to visit it anymore. Even Iago is a far more fitting character than the blue wonder. Watching the video of Stitch in the Tiki Room is pure awful. I don't want that music or that character in Adventureland. The Iago animatronic should be moved to the Magic Carpets of Aladdin (think interactive) and Zazu should go to DAK.

EPCOTPluto

Wasn't the reason the original Tiki Room was replaced with something to not bore people?

I am not a big fan of the current Tiki Room, (Buster Poindexter in MK? Please!), yet I never saw the original. Heard of it, yes, but never saw the original. The current one tries too much to entertain, and IMO, references Iago as Eisner telling the other birds their show is "ancient". Maybe lessen the '90s references and make it more authentic!

That now said, I would like to see those two bird AAs somewhere else, though Iago needs to look more realistic.
He reminds me of a fuzzy towel with a beak and two yellow eyes.
Maybe something like this (from DL) would work:

3223465689_36eeee552e.jpg

Rather than this:

3067785767_ba40fbab5a.jpg

orlando210

Walt Disney World's Enchanted Tiki Room getting some Outside Love soon... I love the most, the possibility of bringing the Disneyland show to Florida!!!!

We just saw the show in DL 2 weeks ago, and it was much more reminiscent of what Walt would have done. I think it was his first attempt at animatronics, and it just seemed more elegant (if you can say that about a show) than the WDW version.

The outdoor show was very good in DL as well.

In the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki-room, :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
In the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki-room, :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

EPCOTPluto

Interesting idea. But if the show is to remove any '90s references, i would stick with a Spirit of Hawaii film in which they would have a comment for everything - not from then. :rolleyes: Just something to entertain before showtime.

EPCOT Explorer

Heh.:D

I don't know why, but the 90's were full of that.:brick:

EPCOT Explorer

Meh, it's why I loved growing up in that decade. ;) I miss the truly unique Disney Stores, especially at the nearby mall, that closed in 2004.

3697.jpg

It was so cool! I wished I was older then, so I took more 'pictorial' memories.

Same here.:D

And YES! Disney Stores of the 90's were amazing. WOW, I loved those.:lol:

EPCOTPluto

Well, not everything (plussing Soarin', anyone?)

And I kind of missed the Eisner intros before the Wonderful World of Disney begin its featured film every Sunday night...

O wow, I am really time traveling in my cranium tonight. Wait! Time to control it! Time to command it!

Characters+General.jpg

Your brain is divided into two halves! The left brain handles the linear thinking: analysis, logic! The right brain is the creative center, home of the emotions and imagination! From the command seat, here in the cortex, you'll run the whole shebang! Any questions? No? Good! BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP!!!

And back to our regularly scheduled programming...I think I need to go and sleep... :snore:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom