Walt Disney World "Monstrous Summer" Press Event April 25th & 26th

WDW1974

This type of event should rightfully be termed more a tweetup hosted by Disney or a marketing event, as opposed to a press event, but they know press event makes it sound more legit. The company has 2 different marketing strategies - one for the blogosphere, and one for legit press.

Apparently, the one who ultimately makes the O-Town blogging decisions is Laura Spencer (no, not the lovely Genie Francis), so I guess she is the one the bloggers and whores need to kiss up to in order to get invites.

It also is VERY clear that one hand of Disney's media relations department has no clue what another is doing and then you bring in marketing inviting people and DLR and DVC etc ... and you have the mess you have now.

But I can tell you that REAL media was already tiring of the Disney games to 'score' invites and top tier treatment when at WDW back in the early 00s. Now, it must be a complete nightmare for a real reporter trying to get stories done amidst the Lifestyler brigade.

WDW1974

I can tell you that the editors I work with would have zero interest in it. Hell, I have zero interest in it.

Why would anyone beyond a Lifestyler?

There is no substance to what they're shilling. It will be everything that is old news. From Food and Wine II (that IS what is going on now) to Monsters U buildup for theaters to next year's cruise itineraries to Disney Springs ... with lots of wining and dining.

Nothing to it.

asianway

Apparently, the one who ultimately makes the O-Town blogging decisions is Laura Spencer (no, not the lovely Genie Francis), so I guess she is the one the bloggers and whores need to kiss up to in order to get invites.

It also is VERY clear that one hand of Disney's media relations department has no clue what another is doing and then you bring in marketing inviting people and DLR and DVC etc ... and you have the mess you have now.

But I can tell you that REAL media was already tiring of the Disney games to 'score' invites and top tier treatment when at WDW back in the early 00s. Now, it must be a complete nightmare for a real reporter trying to get stories done amidst the Lifestyler brigade.
Yes...Ive heard that tale, but she maintains a relatively low profile. Wonder what "metrics" she uses to dole those out? I have suspicions...

luv

And what, exactly, is wrong with Ohio and the Midwest (other than total crap for weather)?!?? Hmmmm?

Nothing wrong with good, Midwestern people deciding they've had enough snow, ice, slush, grey skies and only like 30 sunny days per year (no joke) and that Florida might just be nicer and easier. I think it's a wonderful thing. If they get passes to all the parks and wander in occasionally, all the better.

Basking in anything but sunshine is optional.

Hmph.

WDW1974

Yes...Ive heard that tale, but she maintains a relatively low profile. Wonder what "metrics" she uses to dole those out? I have suspicions...

Feel free to share them either here or privately. I'd love to understand what Disney thinks it is accomplishing with these Lifestylers.

J03Y

Anything they actually plan on completing?

the Tangled bathrooms for starters... it's a valid point, but while the Train isn't complete they still have got a completely revamped Test Track, restrooms fully themed to a specific movie, have gotten Splash Mountain running through again and installed whole new interactive sets in Thunder Mountain's queue. the only thing left is the stupid mine train.

Genie of the Lamp

I wonder if they will announce the Monster's Inc Coaster, and have that open before Carsland?

I'd imagine they'd want to wait until the movie is out and bringing in the BO money they'd expect. Then they would go about with these plans. Much like how they treated Carsland and are treating Oz (Cars 2 came out June 24,2011 and opened June 12,2012 although they drew up this plan in 07 so you got a point). As much as I'd love to see this happen, I'd expect to see them announce/go through with some version of Carsland first before dealing with the MI Door Coaster. You get where I'm going here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom