Walt Disney World "Monstrous Summer" Press Event April 25th & 26th

DocMcHulk

Definitely thinking out loud, sorry to get your hopes up.

I just speculate that it would be in their best interest to Fast track Monsters Inc and have that open before a larger expansion that would eat up capacity at Lights Motors Action and Backlot Express.
I see what you mean. But I'd think they'd want to make a big splash and announce it all at once.

SirLink

Definitely thinking out loud, sorry to get your hopes up.

I just speculate that it would be in their best interest to Fast track Monsters Inc and have that open before a larger expansion that would eat up capacity at Lights Motors Action and Backlot Express.

Honestly anything about the DHS Makeover would be announced at the same time, with regard to rides - so D23.

This is a way to get the lifestyle brigade talking about Monsters U, in terms of Monster products...

RSoxNo1

I see what you mean. But I'd think they'd want to make a big splash and announce it all at once.
They probably will, but from a building schedule, the Monster's Inc Coaster is the easiest thing to open first, although admittedly it should have opened a few years ago.

WDWYankee15

They probably will, but from a building schedule, the Monster's Inc Coaster is the easiest thing to open first, although admittedly it should have opened a few years ago.
Even if they annouce all at once Carsland and MI it is very possible MI opens long before Carsland. Think of how they have handled Fantasyland. They like the "phase" approach and the dragging out of new items over time in the thoughts that that brings people back. So they could make one big annoucement at D23 of a DHS project (which would also allow them to see some box office returns on MI2 before committing) and then have phased openings.

PhotoDave219

Honestly anything about the DHS Makeover would be announced at the same time, with regard to rides - so D23.

This is a way to get the lifestyle brigade talking about Monsters U, in terms of Monster products...

Sadly most of these people are too interested in the free "goodie bag" or getting into the event to even take a critical look at to whats happening. To suggest that these people are anything other than unpaid PR people, regurgitating the company line, means you're not paying attention.

I actually want news about whats going on, not the same press release given out by everyone.

SirLink

Sadly most of these people are too interested in the free "goodie bag" or getting into the event to even take a critical look at to whats happening. To suggest that these people are anything other than unpaid PR people, regurgitating the company line, means you're not paying attention.

I actually want news about whats going on, not the same press release given out by everyone.

I have suggested that though? So how am I not paying attention ...

PhotoDave219

I have suggested that though? So how am I not paying attention ...

I think i misphrased that.... I'm watching baseball and ignoring paperwork. Point being, Outside of Attractions Magazine & Touring Plans, everyone is there for the free stuff. Those two outfits are there to continue to make money.

I wonder if I could end up getting in.....

SirLink

I think i misphrased that.... I'm watching baseball and ignoring paperwork. Point being, Outside of Attractions Magazine & Touring Plans, everyone is there for the free stuff. Those two outfits are there to continue to make money.

I wonder if I could end up getting in.....

Its the symbiotic relationship of the movie studios and advance screening for film press as is with gaming press and travel press...they need each other and neither one is going to rock the boat to ask pointed questions...

PhotoDave219

Its the symbiotic relationship of the movie studios and advance screening for film press as is with gaming press and travel press...they need each other and neither one is going to rock the boat to ask pointed questions...

It seems that way everywhere. I covered Blackberry World last year and there was the mainstream press (that I was working for) who was looking at it from a tech as well as a financial perspective & the future for RIM. Then there were the fanboiz who obsessed and coveted everything that RIM was doing and they were drooling and in the way in a few cases.

Its getting to be that way with everyone with a blog. Not just Disney, not just gaming, not just tech, but everywhere. Politics. Sports. You name it, you have fanboiz with a blog getting access because they write and talk about only what they are told.

I really should try and get in....

SirLink

It seems that way everywhere. I covered Blackberry World last year and there was the mainstream press (that I was working for) who was looking at it from a tech as well as a financial perspective & the future for RIM. Then there were the fanboiz who obsessed and coveted everything that RIM was doing and they were drooling and in the way in a few cases.

Its getting to be that way with everyone with a blog. Not just Disney, not just gaming, not just tech, but everywhere. Politics. Sports. You name it, you have fanboiz with a blog getting access because they write and talk about only what they are told.

I really should try and get in....

Not only if you have a blog though, press are approached the same way more or less.

SirLink

Yes but we don't work that way. You can suggest to us or Try and set us on what you would like us to write about, but generally go in whatever direction we want.

For the most part, my goal is to be accurate and fair.

Some press aren't like that, certain outlets would crumble ... in certain industries ...

doctornick

I wonder if they will announce the Monster's Inc Coaster, and have that open before Carsland?

I certainly hope so. As I've mentioned before, getting something into Soundstage 1 open ASAP would help with the inevitable capacity issues when LMA/Backlot Tour close.

Of course, it would also help to have something operating in the Soudns Dangerous and Hunchback spaces....

aladdin2007

Oh god, Epcot doesn't need any character interactions, the seas I don't mind TOO much, but please leave it out of Imagination, I want Figment to stay and for Dreamfinder to return :(

While I agree about not continuing to cartoonize Epcot with cartoons and pixar, I cant help but think Monsters would be the perfect fit for Imagination, way better than whats in there now (which is nothing) and it would be easy to include Figment as part of it. I too love the original and dreamfinder but lets face it its not going to happen at this point. It could be a great dark ride (the one from DCA isnt so bad is it? Tho Tokyos version would be the ultimate) while using the Imagination theme. Its time they do something with the atrocity thats there, the whole sponsorship thing clearly isnt working out so if done right, and not on the cheap (that means you TDO), Imagineering could have at it and create a new imagination. It would have longevity compared to P and Ferb which is only a tv cartoon, monsters is bigger and more classic than that.

openendedsky

Feel free to share them either here or privately. I'd love to understand what Disney thinks it is accomplishing with these Lifestylers.
I think Dave here answered your question:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom