Walt Disney World "Monstrous Summer" Press Event April 25th & 26th

MattM

This sounds like the type of nothing event where the O-Town lifestylers fight for spots on the list and wonder why they aren't there ... free rooms, free admission, free parties, free booze, free swag ... come on down.
I would offer to Disney that I would buy the hotel rooms, meals, etc that they would have given to the lifestylers just to give myself a laugh. Think they'd take me up on it?

PeterAlt

What are the odds that they will use this as an opportunity to announce a redo of Imagination? They've pulled the permits, supposedly.

I think it would be cool if they refurbed Imagination to include Monsters Inc but not remove Figment... Anything but that awful Dr Doof idea that i heard about on these threads

PeterAlt

I think it would be cool if they refurbed Imagination to include Monsters Inc but not remove Figment... Anything but that awful Dr Doof idea that i heard about on these threads
I don't know what they're going to do, but whatever they do they better do it right, do a good job at it, do something people will like, and give it the budget that's required without cutting things out in order to save a few pennies.

I don't know what they're going to do, but whatever they do they better do it right, do a good job at it, do something people will like, and give it the budget that's required without cutting things out in order to save a few pennies.

Wouldnt we love if Disney did everything to fit that description? ;)

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Sadly most of these people are too interested in the free "goodie bag" or getting into the event to even take a critical look at to whats happening. To suggest that these people are anything other than unpaid PR people, regurgitating the company line, means you're not paying attention.

I actually want news about whats going on, not the same press release given out by everyone.

It seemed to me the that @PhotoDave219 was correct, so I did a search of this site -

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/reporting-from-wdi.194070/page-5#post-2313165

and found this post made in June of 2007. I don't even think this was the first mention of a Monster's Inc. coaster but one search is all I'm willing to do. (edit: especially since Enigma says was/is in his post)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What are the odds that they will use this as an opportunity to announce a redo of Imagination? They've pulled the permits, supposedly.

There have been a few permits for Imagination recently, but there is no reason to believe they are for a re-do. I can point to dozens of attractions that have had permits in the past couple months.

PeterAlt

There have been a few permits for Imagination recently, but there is no reason to believe they are for a re-do. I can point to dozens of attractions that have had permits in the past couple months.
It might be wishful thinking on my part, but Imagination sticks out like a sore thumb. I think upper management sees this and is in a quiet rush to take care of it. I think they - like I - would like this "problem" taken care of sooner rather than later.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It might be wishful thinking on my part, but Imagination sticks out like a sore thumb. I think upper management sees this and is in a quiet rush to take care of it. I think they - like I - would like this "problem" taken care of sooner rather than later.

I agree it's due for an update, but there is no evidence that it's that it's happening any time soon, especially not permit evidence.

RSoxNo1

It seemed to me the that @PhotoDave219 was correct, so I did a search of this site -

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/reporting-from-wdi.194070/page-5#post-2313165

and found this post made in June of 2007. I don't even think this was the first mention of a Monster's Inc. coaster but one search is all I'm willing to do. (edit: especially since Enigma says was/is in his post)
Interesting, I didn't recall the Enigma post. The Door Coaster that Jim Hill mentioned was a suspended coaster though, not the Crush's Coaster ride system.

Taylor

My intrest in this event went up from not being intrested at all to being a little excited. Which means my hopes will probably get dashed

PhotoDave219

Thanks.

My ex was working at DHS in 06-07 and the monsters coaster was supposedly green lit back then but hit a snag....

Bob Saget

Hearing some of these mentioned hopes of a MI coaster, Carsland, or Imagination overhaul announcement lead me to believe that many of us (me included) fail to learn from history of WDW announcements past.

Always remember this rule of thumb when it comes to any given WDW announcement:
-Hyping up expectations leads to serious aggravation.
-Keeping expectations low is usually the way to go!

Write that rule down somewhere & remember it well. It will save you from many-a-headache.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom