Walt Disney World "Monstrous Summer" Press Event April 25th & 26th

wdwfan4ver

At 3 1/2 months out I think the following are possible for for the P&R presentation and my list is a bit different than Rsoxno1 has:

Updates
  • Completely the same as RsoxNo1

Updates with Substantial New Information
  • Shanghai Disneyland (It was talked about in 2011 D23 Expo and I'm sure Disney has more info on it)
  • Rest is the same as RsoxNo1

Potential announcements
  • Same as RsoxNo1 except no Nighttime Entertainment Changes in Florida being mentioned and HKDL having Marvel.
I don't see Nighttime Entertainment Changes in Florida being mentioned at D23 Expo based on the fact They would have been mentioned in the Monstrous Summer Press event if it was for 2014.

The 2nd thing is I have a hard time seeing Night Time show announcements for AK being announced at D23 right now since the Night time show would be Starting when Avatarland is completed. That means announcing a Night time show for 2015 or 2016 doesn't make any sense for the 2013 D23 Expo. I think Nighttime Entertainment for Disney Springs if there is any would be too soon to announce also.

I mentioned Marvel being a Potential announcement for HKDL in terms of attractions because HKDL was mentioned in 2009 with the expansion depending if Disney agrees upon something for Marvel.

I mentioned additional information for Shanghai Disneyland for a reason. Shanghai Disneyland by August of 2013 should be further along than it was in August of 2011 and that means Disney has to have more stuff to show off in terms of attractions.

PirateFrank

Proof that people only see, hear, and remember what they want to. The original announcement was clearly about the deal between Disney and Cameron. The Animal Kingdom project is briefly mentioned in one paragraph where it clearly states that counstruction would not begin until 2013. Its amazing how soon we forget.

They entire avatarland project is centered around this agreement, as it is the flagship of said agreement. We're splitting hairs here...every single sign, poster, jpg, or discussion related to this announcement had avatarland at the AK at the very core. Moreover, there has been zero *other* collaborative products of this so-called 'agreement' besides the eventual possibility of something sorta resembling avatarland at the AK.

People see and hear perfectly well...just some people just get confused by the hubris.

DizFiz

I can say I wasn't surprised with what was announced but then again I never had high expectations.... wasn't like I was hoping for something extraordinary and most of the announcements were old news anyways.

PeterAlt

I disagree. I am going by 2011 D23. The 2011 D23 didn't talk about Attractions that opened earlier in the year unless Mystic Manor comes to the states.

The other thing is The 2011 D23 Expo didn't mention anything about Hong Kong Disneyland despite being middle of an expansion at the time. That means don't expect anything from Hong Kong Disneyland being talked about a D23 unless the attraction goes to Disney Land or WDW also.
Oh, then they won't...

Rodan75

I think it's safe to say that construction won't start this year, and it's still weird that not a shred of concept art has been released on this thing.

Corporate technicality, hasn't construction started? They did put up walls and move dirt for FoTLK, I'm sure at some point thy will say the promise was met because the FoTLK component has begun.

Tim_4

Corporate technicality, hasn't construction started? They did put up walls and move dirt for FoTLK, I'm sure at some point thy will say the promise was met because the FoTLK component has begun.
If Disney Springs is "under construction" then AVATAR is "moving along nicely."

JLipnick

So what did they actually announce during this 2 day press event? A new meet and greet? I would think even Disney would be embarrassed if the press had the same questions and criticisms that those on this board have.

doctornick

Well, there is plenty of undeveloped space in the CMM area (used for parking) that could be worked on in 2013. It's not like the FOTLK theater and the M&G's are the only space, so their presence doesn't mean that no construction can occur.

Also, when is the new FOTLK theater going to open? I thought that it was considered to be a relatively quick construction project.

doctornick

So what did they actually announce during this 2 day press event? A new meet and greet? I would think even Disney would be embarrassed if the press had the same questions and criticisms that those on this board have.

The big news was the new MK daytime parade for 2014. Other announcements include the 24 hour day at the MK in May, changes to the Monsters Inc M&G in DHS and to MILF to add elements of Monsters University, and cruise ship changes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom