Walls are down at Space Mountain

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
:sohappy::D-----:mad:

Why must we think so negatively, I know it's the truth but hey at least we know the rider is safer, to some extent cooler, and it's been plussed in some way. That's always good. There is also the possiblity of surprises.
You`d be negative if you knew what was planned originally that we havn`t got. THAT`S the issue.

I am more worried about the fate of the SSE Astronauts.
In the post show?

Gringrinngghost

I saw the photos in the Blog and i found two more by changing the numbers here they are.
Pictures Release on the Blog
space1LARGE.jpg

space2LARGE.jpg

Now the Pictures I got by changing the links
http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.c...og/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/space3LARGE.jpg
space3LARGE.jpg

http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.c...og/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/space4LARGE.jpg
space4LARGE.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

I saw the photos in the Blog and i found two more by changing the numbers here they are.
Pictures Release on the Blog
space1LARGE.jpg

space2LARGE.jpg

Now the Pictures I got by changing the links
http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.c...og/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/space3LARGE.jpg
space3LARGE.jpg

http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.c...og/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/space4LARGE.jpg
space4LARGE.jpg
Does anyone think they see LIME Green lights on the other side? :D

I hope this does not discount Innoventions getting this color scheme...:lookaroun:lol:

hpyhnt 1000

Does anyone think they see LIME Green lights on the other side? :D

I hope this does not discount Innoventions getting this color scheme...:lookaroun:lol:

Thats what I was wondering. :lol: I think for uniformity's sake though, they put the blue/purple color scheme for both switchbacks. I'm hoping that the control tower got a green accent lighting around it; I think that would look perfect and add a bit more contrast next to the blue and purple. :cool:

EPCOT Explorer

Thats what I was wondering. :lol: I think for uniformity's sake though, they put the blue/purple color scheme for both switchbacks. I'm hoping that the control tower got a green accent lighting around it; I think that would look perfect and add a bit more contrast next to the blue and purple. :cool:
Where do you see purple?:lookaroun:lol: I think that's just the blue lighting on something brown...ish.:lookaroun:lol:

If Inno. looked like this, I would not mind.:D

EPCOT Explorer

The purple lighting in this second photo:

They both show the same area; its just that the second pic shows the small recessed lights turned on and they appear to be purple in color (note the purple light that is reflected off of the small recessed edge of the ceiling).
OOoooooh...Maybe they turn on and off!?:eek::D

Jasonflz

What are those large windows on the roof though? Are they projection screens or will they somehow look into the mountain?

raven

They both show the same area; its just that the second pic shows the small recessed lights turned on and they appear to be purple in color (note the purple light that is reflected off of the small recessed edge of the ceiling).

I think that's just the overexposed picture making it look purple. If you notice the ceiling there are work lights coming through the "window to space" as well. So Maybe they didn't completely close in that area. If that's true it means you will still be able to see the track when you are on the ride. :brick:

hpyhnt 1000

Edit.

^I think raven has got a point; it does look like an overexposed photo and that the black area in the ceiling is a window. It appears those "purple" lights are actually the work lights for the queue.

dweezil78

Perhaps they're similar to the new changing lighting effects installed on TTA? Seems likely as they were both done around the same time, no?

GatorGambit

It looks like the ceiling has some sort of projected image or video on it. It appears that there's a spherical space station being displayed on the first pic, while the second pic with the work lights on the projection is turned off.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
It looks like the ceiling has some sort of projected image or video on it. It appears that there's a spherical space station being displayed on the first pic, while the second pic with the work lights on the projection is turned off.

Or it's like the side windows were at the beginning of the queue/end of the ride on the ceiling?

nuttyskadork

I love this! While not as open as before, it has a sleek new look to it. :D

But the interactive part?

space2SMALL.jpg

Very interesting, since it looks like it replces the windows and that the third tunnel will not be as dark!

(Note the lighting in the background) :D

Also liking the hidden Disney references, like H-NCH 1975.

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Sure looks a lot like Mission Space Advanced training lab to me, just on a more individual basis.

raven

Power washers were spotted this morning around 7:45AM when I drove past SM. They were on the top level on the south side washing the building. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom