Video from TTA and Skyway demo.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Well, something has been disturbed; look at 16 seconds in on this video - the astronauts. Look at the posture, and the arms of the one on the right. Now look at this photo taken last July:

IMG_1395web.jpg

New positions. New props. There was talk about the figures getting movement. Makes you wonder...

Jmaxwell; the new staircase is at 1:03. Move on a few seconds and you can see new railings for a new CM bridge above the poster to walk between the 2 new load ceiling structures.

What is apparent on this video more than others is the work being done to the ceiling below the penthouse (the flat central section) - see the projection pannels that have been removed?
I went back and watched that clip a few times with some of your notes. Yes, the posture if definitely different. It looks like the right astronaut might be saying "Touchdown FX-1" now.

I did notice the new staircase, but the hand railing going between queue's wasnt noticed on my behalf. I went to look at an old photo and I feel really good about the ceilings.
SM_lights_4.jpg

Geez. Typical responses from a lot of you. This refurbishment isn't even finished. You know nothing about it. Yet somehow, you all feel like you have enough knowledge to do things like "grade" the refurb on well they did, or talk about how they didn't do anything to it.

What they did? In past tense? The refurb isn't complete yet, and we can't even see details. Why is this hard to understand? Again, it shouldn't be. You know nothing.

What's also shocking is what some of you expected from this. If you used common sense and looked at the timeframe alone, you should have known not to expect a lot from the beginning. Not to mention the fact that all of this stuff you guys thought was going to happen was nothing but pure speculation made up by people just like you.

Ugh. If you don't like it feel free to stay away. I'll be happy to take your spot in line.
Well said Zac. I completely agree. Im extremely excited about the ceilings in the queue, what visual they will have with those and how much it will darken the dome.

EPCOT Explorer

I went back and watched that clip a few times with some of your notes. Yes, the posture if definitely different. It looks like the right astronaut might be saying "Touchdown FX-1" now.

I did notice the new staircase, but the hand railing going between queue's wasnt noticed on my behalf. I went to look at an old photo and I feel really good about the ceilings.
View attachment 26261

Well said Zac. I completely agree. Im extremely excited about the ceilings in the queue, what visual they will have with those and how much it will darken the dome.

Will they really, though? I am wondering if that is more Maint. than effect...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Will they really, though? I am wondering if that is more Maint. than effect...
What do you mean maintenance? The mountain performed fine without a ceiling/roof over the switchbacks so it cant be for a maintenance reason. I hope it is for aesthetics. I hope that a infinite star field of sorts will be projected on it. I am not aware of how much of the switchback area it covers (100% or if you can still see the top of the track).

If you are referring to how much light will be spared, I can only imagine every little bit helps. If the lift hill scene had a cover, then we are talking. :D

EPCOT Explorer

What do you mean maintenance? The mountain performed fine without a ceiling/roof over the switchbacks so it cant be for a maintenance reason. I hope it is for aesthetics. I hope that a infinite star field of sorts will be projected on it. I am not aware of how much of the switchback area it covers (100% or if you can still see the top of the track).

If you are referring to how much light will be spared, I can only imagine every little bit helps. If the lift hill scene had a cover, then we are talking. :D
Ahhhh...:D:D Hopefully! That's a very good thought, Joel.:lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just an FYI, I`ve just received a TTA video from last night which not only clearly shows there is music on the track itself now, but the Mr Johnson spiel is back again above the North building exit.

Plus I`ll hear it all myself on Saturday :D

EPCOT Explorer

Just an FYI, I`ve just received a TTA video from last night which not only clearly shows there is music on the track itself now, but the Mr Johnson spiel is back again above the North building exit.

Plus I`ll hear it all myself on Saturday :D

YES!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Ok, that's HUGELY GOOD NEWS!:D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Let me add some other points from last nights TTA video I`ve noticed;

Music in the EPCOT model, Space Mountain entrance and exit area is not Tland area. I`ve no idea what it is but it isn`t the normal BGM. SM area could have been MNSSHP BGM leaking through, but I also heard the regular BGM in other outside areas. Strange. No music in SM.

The penthouse (centre) roof of SM looks brand new. Obviously still being worked on but it`s actually an even colour with hardly any tile marks showing. It appears to the eye to almost be one continuous surface.

Explorer / FX1 - the spaceship model above the lift hill - has had a paint job. The side name lettering looks new, the rear end around the engines is now all dark blue instead of white.

Tarps do cover the postshow now. End section (first to be seen from Speedramp) had workllight showing around edges.

LED DMX issues seem largely resolved; I only saw one mismatched downlight on the entire circuit. Lighting looks gorgeous!

Lots of crew in hardhats on Skyway restroom roof. At night. Looked more suits than workers.

EPCOT Explorer

Music in the EPCOT model, Space Mountain entrance and exit area is not Tland area. I`ve no idea what it is but it isn`t the normal BGM. SM area could have been MNSSHP BGM leaking through, but I also heard the regular BGM in other outside areas. Strange. No music in SM.

The penthouse (centre) roof of SM looks brand new. Obviously still being worked on but it`s actually an even colour with hardly any tile marks showing. It appears to the eye to almost be one continuous surface.

Explorer / FX1 - the spaceship model above the lift hill - has had a paint job. The side name lettering looks new, the rear end around the engines is now all dark blue instead of white.

Tarps do cover the postshow now. End section (first to be seen from Speedramp) had workllight showing around edges.

LED DMX issues seem largely resolved; I only saw one mismatched downlight on the entire circuit. Lighting looks gorgeous!

Lots of crew in hardhats on Skyway restroom roof. At night. Looked more suits than workers.
Fantastic.:D

I am starting to get more hopeful.

Exprcoofto

I bet all the work will be done in the last couple of months. Not sure what they did in the past several months. When I was there in August, it looked like they were testing paint colors on the side of the wall (inside the gift shop). That was when we were still able to look in that window.

Exprcoofto

A much better Video from TTA and in HD. http://vimeo.com/6609575

Nighttime, shot while at MNSSHP

Wow awesome video. You can clearly see work is being done on the lift scenes and on the top of the roof. Let's hope it continues. Love the music on the TTA now, but it seems a bit odd. Is that music found anywhere else in WDW? It certainly appears they are keeping those restrooms, which makes sense, because there isn't any near by.

Also, are the blinking bright white strip LED lights along the railing of the TTA new?

This refurb is quite puzzling. I will be interested to see it once it opens. :D

janoimagine

I continue to be amazed at your wealth of knowledge and meticulous attention to detail. Thanks for the breakdown.

Figment1986

I went on it twice monday, and it is eery being in space mountain with 0 noise... but Mr Johnson was talking about the traffic situation... (otherwise i was more out of it trying to get my camera set up to take photos... lol)

They are temporary strobe tubes for MNSSHP nights.

I wish they would just install permanent ones, then get them to run with the speed of the vehicle to add more kinetic movement, since they look cool at night, but weird during day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom