Video from TTA and Skyway demo.

jt04

I'm afraid to see the reviews come in to be honest, and not because of what may or may not have been done during this refurb...

I'm not. We will see. I know a huge number of people did not want to lose the classic SM. Looks like we haven't.

I wasn't one of them but now I am. :king:

janoimagine

I will admit, I didn't want them to alter it too much either, last time I rode it, it just looked like it needed a cleaning ... really, really bad. Hopefully it got it.

EPCOTPluto

As long as the track is more smooth and there are cleaned/upgraded details, I would be happy to ride SM again.

Now, if they splurge onto newer effects, keep the old music, and improve the load/unloading dock, I would be surprised.... :D

the-reason14

So basically nothings changed at SM? I dint want them to change the actual coaster, but they could have atleast changed the post show, the lift hill portion, and add a screen or something to enclose the bottom portion. I guess it'll be good to know that SM is basically the same SM that I fell in love with long ago. But at the same time, why close it for all this time for everything to be exactly the same? Compared to all the other refurbs MK's seen, this one seems it will be the most dissapointing.

EPCOT Explorer

Remember that when the reviews roll in. :p
Will do.
I'm not. We will see. I know a huge number of people did not want to lose the classic SM. Looks like we haven't.

I wasn't one of them but now I am. :king:

It's one thing to keep the feel of an attraction (HM) and one thing to neglect it.

Also, one thing to be optimistic and one thing to be realistic.:dazzle: How you can be behind this is beyond me...

...but then again, there is still a chance.:D

2 months is a long time.:lol:

jt04

Will do.

It's one thing to keep the feel of an attraction (HM) and one thing to neglect it.

Also, one thing to be optimistic and one thing to be realistic.:dazzle: How you can be behind this is beyond me...

...but then again, there is still a chance.:D

2 months is a long time.:lol:

Easily, new enclosed queue I have high hopes for. Much darker and smoother track now, my two biggest complaints. Nostalgic feel maintained. Upgraded on board effects....much needed. I like the post show, hope it stays :lookaroun.

The big variables are, will it have a new lift mechanism (increased capacity) and will the entrance tunnel maintain it's amazing ambiance after the upgrade? If so, I think the majority of guests will be happy.

EPCOT Explorer

Easily, new enclosed queue I have high hopes for. Much darker and smoother track now, my two biggest complaints. Nostalgic feel maintained. Upgraded on board effects....much needed. I like the post show, hope it stays :lookaroun.

The big variables are, will it have a new lift mechanism (increased capacity) and will the entrance tunnel maintain it's amazing ambiance after the upgrade? If so, I think the majority of guests will be happy.

Do we know if anything like that has gone in, or is this your wish list.

Hope you are right.:shrug:

Thrill Seeker

I'll give the TTA Refurb a D+ for really not adding in anything particularly interesting. The new lights and better sound quality is good, but other than that, nothing has changed.

As for Space Mountain, I'm a bit worried that when we finally get to ride it again in November, it will look pretty much the same as it did before, because all of the budget is going to Fantasyland.

SirGoofy

I'll give the TTA Refurb a D+ for really not adding in anything particularly interesting. The new lights and better sound quality is good, but other than that, nothing has changed.

Wow! And I got flamed for giving it a C-. Watch out!

As for Space Mountain, I'm a bit worried that when we finally get to ride it again in November, it will look pretty much the same as it did before, because all of the budget is going to Fantasyland.

They're completely independent of each other.:wave:

Thrill Seeker

Wow! And I got flamed for giving it a C-. Watch out!

Nothing has changed. It's the exact same as it was before with very minimal effort put into it. I still love my TTA don't get me wrong, but in terms of the refurb, I was left very unimpressed by the lack of any major improvements or changes.

EpcotServo

SirGoofy

Great Video. So good you can even see the massive Spiderweb in between the two post show scenes they didn't bother to clean up.
:dazzle:

Anyways, of note, you can see "FX-1" fedex motif remaining on the lifthill rooms to the left and right.

Double :dazzle:

Stop, Servo!

You're not allowed to be disappointed!

janoimagine

Space's effects are still stuck in the 70s. If there was no upgrades, I'll be disappointed.

True, but half of them didn't work. I'm not saying I hope they didn't do some upgrades here and their, I really wish they would, but if at the very least it is returned to it's former working glorious 1970's self ... minus as WDW Figment stated, the old shipping theme and the bad WalMart ending to the post show ... that would be a plus (and while I'm being selfish a better re-entry tunnel and theming for the ride unload). I can't imagine they haven't changed out a lot of the old lighting in favor of a greener, more energy efficient product ... but who knows. Enclosing the que will make for better reading projections and a darker ride and from the TTA vid it looks like the layers of dust have been removed from the ship and it has a fresh coat of paint, or at least some fresh wax. The ship looks shiny and 'newer' to me.
:shrug:

Main Street USA

Geez. Typical responses from a lot of you. This refurbishment isn't even finished. You know nothing about it. Yet somehow, you all feel like you have enough knowledge to do things like "grade" the refurb on well they did, or talk about how they didn't do anything to it.

What they did? In past tense? The refurb isn't complete yet, and we can't even see details. Why is this hard to understand? Again, it shouldn't be. You know nothing.

What's also shocking is what some of you expected from this. If you used common sense and looked at the timeframe alone, you should have known not to expect a lot from the beginning. Not to mention the fact that all of this stuff you guys thought was going to happen was nothing but pure speculation made up by people just like you.

Ugh. If you don't like it feel free to stay away. I'll be happy to take your spot in line.

All I want is a better exit...I can get the same experience walking into Radio Shack and looking at the video cameras as I can passing by those cameras and 1996 tv screens while on the moving walkway.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
True, but half of them didn't work. I'm not saying I hope they didn't do some upgrades here and their, I really wish they would, but if at the very least it is returned to it's former working glorious 1970's self
There will be some visual effect enhancements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom