Video from TTA and Skyway demo.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Noticed the higher quality video shows the strobe lights on the TTA. I wonder if those are going to be more permanent now

Kuhio

As my daughter and I rode past this scene, we got a huge kick out of the dangling "M" in the word restrooms.

That dangling "M" gives the entire scene an even greater sense of forlornness!

Looks like they are still using the original logo -- at least on the "re-launching" banner hanging over the TTA track. It's a bit plain, but I don't mind. I really don't care much for the HKDL or TDL Space Mountain logos.

What's that brown stuff on the undersides of the catwalks -- rust? Looks like that was one part of the structure that wasn't swapped out...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I just looked at a book I had with a shot of the ship, the 'engine' lights look red in
They`ve been blue for a long time now.
Noticed the higher quality video shows the strobe lights on the TTA. I wonder if those are going to be more permanent now
They still seem to be the same temporary MNSSHP ones? I agree - they should keep them.

djkidkaz

My guess as this point is that all this time was spent re-doing the queue for Space Mountain and nothing will be different to the actual ride.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
My guess as this point is that all this time was spent re-doing the queue for Space Mountain and nothing will be different to the actual ride.
The majority of the downtime was spent installing a new ride control system and other backstage upgrades, not onstage eye and ear candy for guests. You know, the things they used to do anyway. I`m hoping for a queue that dosn`t have half the effects broken. At this point that could be the highlight.

Grizzly Hall 71

I hope the queue does change. From the videos I haven't really noticed a difference beside some supports look a little different (idk I can just be picking out stuff because I want to see a little change ;)) But can someone tell me is where the old skyway station was is that suppose to be the overflow queue?

Oddysey

I just rode it last night and not much has changed.

The new lighting is much brighter than the old lighting. The colors remain stationary and do not randomly change like on the testing videos. The queue lights are purple. The beginning of the ride to the first tunnel lights were red. Coming out of the first tunnel they were blue for the rest of the ride. The new lighting does not do much to change the ambiance in TL as others have suspected it would.

The narration is and music is unchanged from what I noticed. There was no music going through the space mountain star tunnel, but I am sure that is temporary. The star tunnel music does no really fit the theme right now. However, I did notice that the space mountain signs in the tunnel that appear on the left and right wall before you see the stars, were missing or covered by a temporary wall (It is hard to see in the dark tunnel).

The new paint in the queue and throughout most of the ride looks fresh. Although the ceiling paint looks really bad before you go into the first tunnel. The Epcot model looks great, but the projection of the plane flying over the city was missing.

The bathrooms in the old skyway station have been completely gutted and look like they will be removed.

Overall, really no changes to speak of except for paint and lights that are much brighter above the track. I was a little disappointed, but I didn't expect much.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Why is all the old stuff still in Space?! :brick:
That is what I was thinking....

The majority of the downtime was spent installing a new ride control system and other backstage upgrades, not onstage eye and ear candy for guests. You know, the things they used to do anyway. I`m hoping for a queue that dosn`t have half the effects broken. At this point that could be the highlight.
and I guess this is the explanation. :lol:

Martin: forgive if it has been discussed deep in another thread (I have been a bit absent), but look at 1:22 on this video. Is that structure the roof to the new enclosed queue? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7sgF2A_e08

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin: forgive if it has been discussed deep in another thread (I have been a bit absent), but look at 1:22 on this video. Is that structure the roof to the new enclosed queue? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7sgF2A_e08
Well, something has been disturbed; look at 16 seconds in on this video - the astronauts. Look at the posture, and the arms of the one on the right. Now look at this photo taken last July:

IMG_1395web.jpg

New positions. New props. There was talk about the figures getting movement. Makes you wonder...

Jmaxwell; the new staircase is at 1:03. Move on a few seconds and you can see new railings for a new CM bridge above the poster to walk between the 2 new load ceiling structures.

What is apparent on this video more than others is the work being done to the ceiling below the penthouse (the flat central section) - see the projection pannels that have been removed?

jt04

That is what I was thinking....

and I guess this is the explanation. :lol:

Yes. All that we heard seems true now. And in the grand scheme of all things magic kingdom, I "get it" now. SM will keep it's original scope but with a heavy plussing ala Haunted Mansion. A refreshed and updated classic to please the traditionalists while adding eye popping new effects. And not breaking the bank I might add.

They really know what they are doing. Which makes the Stitch show all the more perplexing. :veryconfu

EPCOT Explorer

*siiiiigh*

This sounds very bleak.:(

I just rode it last night and not much has changed.

The new lighting is much brighter than the old lighting. The colors remain stationary and do not randomly change like on the testing videos. The queue lights are purple. The beginning of the ride to the first tunnel lights were red. Coming out of the first tunnel they were blue for the rest of the ride. The new lighting does not do much to change the ambiance in TL as others have suspected it would.

The narration is and music is unchanged from what I noticed. There was no music going through the space mountain star tunnel, but I am sure that is temporary. The star tunnel music does no really fit the theme right now. However, I did notice that the space mountain signs in the tunnel that appear on the left and right wall before you see the stars, were missing or covered by a temporary wall (It is hard to see in the dark tunnel).

The new paint in the queue and throughout most of the ride looks fresh. Although the ceiling paint looks really bad before you go into the first tunnel. The Epcot model looks great, but the projection of the plane flying over the city was missing.

The bathrooms in the old skyway station have been completely gutted and look like they will be removed.

Overall, really no changes to speak of except for paint and lights that are much brighter above the track. I was a little disappointed, but I didn't expect much.
I'm hoping that changes...Hopefully they will add lighting to SM, and also change it seeing that that was the color scheme used for MNSSHP.
Yes. All that we heard seems true now. And in the grand scheme of all things magic kingdom, I "get it" now. SM will keep it's original scope but with a heavy plussing ala Haunted Mansion. A refreshed and updated classic to please the traditionalists while adding eye popping new effects. And not breaking the bank I might add.

They really know what they are doing. Which makes the Stitch show all the more perplexing. :veryconfu

Aaaaaand, as always, proof?:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom