Uponastar's Family Celebration Vacation Oct. 17-25

Here goes...
The six of us left from Philly International on Friday night October 17th.
All of us are celebrating special occasions this month:
George and I...our 35th anniversary Oct. 27th
Our daughter Lauren and her husband Ken...their first anniversary Oct. 6th
Our daughter Stacey...her 27th birthday Oct. 31st (Halloween)
Stacey's longtime boyfriend Ray...his 26th birthday Oct. 18th
Needless to say, we were very much looking forward to a week-long celebration.

Here we are at the airport

001_1.jpg

That's Ken, Lauren and me in the back
George, Stacey and Ray on the floor.

George and I, since we go to WDW fairly often, always stay cheaply outside the park. This time we rented a townhouse in a Kissimmee development. It suited our needs perfectly!

My girlies outside the house
008_8.jpg

On our first day, which was Ray's birthday, we started the day with Ray and George having their morning coffee in the hot tub
075_75.jpg

002_2.jpg

Then out to Downtown Disney

Stacey
013_13.jpg

George and the kids having fun at the magic shop
019_19.jpg

017_17.jpg

George and the kids

010_10.jpg

009_9.jpg

A very crowded evening in the World Showcase to come later.
Before I go for now, I'd just like to say that being at WDW when the home team is playing in the World Series is an AMAZING experience. Most of us wore Phillies gear every day and the interaction between fellow Phillies fans and opposing team fans in the parks was much fun!
Stacey and Ray...the most serious Phillies fans of all of us...went to ESPN on the opening night of the Series to watch the game. They had a blast!
A wonderful experience they'll never forget.

That's it for now.
More to come!

Uponastar

Original Poster
Great report Dot. :wave:

Did you hide something again this time?

Hi Doug! And thank you!
Just saw this question.
No, didn't hide anything this time. Didn't know if any of our gang would be going to WDW anytime soon.
It's a fun thing to do, though! :D

Uponastar

Original Poster
Finally had some time to read through my own report and catch up on all your posts.
Thanks to all who posted. I loved reading your comments.
And special thanks to my special friends who always make me feel, well...special. :lookaroun :D :kiss:

Uponastar

Original Poster
You ARE good! Did you have two pictures to copy missing parts from?

Nope.
I just stole parts of other dwarves to rebuild the one (can't tell my dwarves apart, sorry) :lol: that had missing parts. I borrowed a set of hands, beard, a leg and a foot. I filled in the street, curb and background, and copied and flipped Snow's left arm to fill in her right. I love doing it!

DormaNesbit

Great Trip Report! I love all the pictures especially the one of Dorma Nesbit at DHS. You just made mine and my daughters day with one picture!:wave:

tigsmom

Wonderful report! :sohappy: Looks like you had another wonder visit. I would love to get to one of the special events and see all of the wonderful decorations *sigh*

Great pic of Vince! His friend is also a CM and a member here, though I do not believe she has posted in quite some time.

Uponastar

Original Poster
Wonderful report! :sohappy: Looks like you had another wonder visit. I would love to get to one of the special events and see all of the wonderful decorations *sigh*

Great pic of Vince! His friend is also a CM and a member here, though I do not believe she has posted in quite some time.

I believe she told me that.
I do remember her name but don't know if she wanted it mentioned, so I didn't.

I'm glad you enjoyed my report, Mad!
Halloween is awesome there, but if you have to chose between holidays, go while the Christmas decorations are up. It's a whole different experience then! We're trying to go back again this year for that, if it's at all possible.

TakeMeThere81

Great pics!! Especially great ones from Expedition Everest! And I had no idea that the Haunted Mansion was "originally" named Eastly Mansion. Cool fun fact!
DSC03112.jpg
[/quote]

Todd L

Reading your Tr makes we want to go For The halloween party next year. My kids Birtdays are both in october maybe a Birthday present? Sounds like a good idea. Loved it.

tigsmom

I believe she told me that.
I do remember her name but don't know if she wanted it mentioned, so I didn't.

I'm glad you enjoyed my report, Mad!
Halloween is awesome there, but if you have to chose between holidays, go while the Christmas decorations are up. It's a whole different experience then! We're trying to go back again this year for that, if it's at all possible.

WDW at Christmastime is my ultimate trip! Probably won't get there until we retire to Florida though. :( For now I have to live vicariously thru my friends.

:cool:

baz212

On to Epcot.
A salute to...the pear?

044_44.jpg

045_45.jpg

The pear thing might be a reference to the fictional country of Genovia from Disney's Princess Diaries movies. Princess Mia is the princess of Genovia and the country's main export is pears. It's a tiny country like Monaco or Lichtenstein.

Uponastar

Original Poster
The pear thing might be a reference to the fictional country of Genovia from Disney's Princess Diaries movies. Princess Mia is the princess of Genovia and the country's main export is pears. It's a tiny country like Monaco or Lichtenstein.

Thanks for the explanation. :D
Apparently the pear is popular somewhere!

Awesome trip report, you fabulous girl, you! The pics are great, your family is gorgeous, and you make me want to pack up everything and go RIGHT NOW. Perhaps we'll join you for Christmas? :lookaroun

Have to go back and read it again because Em just got up and wants to know what you look like. :kiss: :wave:

dandaman

Dot said:
Daniel, I got George to pose for a sombrero pic, but I don't know...
We didn't seem to get it quite right...

He looks like a shriner. :lookaroun

DSC03227.jpg

Behold... my dream job!

And I had no idea that the Haunted Mansion was "originally" named Eastly Mansion.

Actually, it's a typo... it was originally named Astley Mansion, but that ride version gave us up and let us down.

Anywho, finally glad to have had the time to read through. A wonderful spot-on job. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom