Upcoming/Rumored Projects

EPCOT Explorer

I have no desire to ever ride it again. If they did this, I'd definitely ride it once a trip.

I think it's very well, and tastefully done.*

*Other than the American scene. That is honestly terrible.

And what about it's originality? It's history? It's meaning and place in American art?

Does it need to be blatant DISNEY for you to like it?

EpcotServo

And what about it's originality? It's history? It's meaning and place in American art?

Sorry my friend, but there's NO way you could make me care in ANY way about them adding characters to Small World...on the scale of bad things to add to Disney, it just doesn't even come close to being on the charts.
:lol:

SirGoofy

Believe me, I get why people would want it to stay the same. I feel that way about plenty of attractions: CoP, JC, HM, Big Thunder, etc. I just don't feel the nostalgia or history on iasw. It's not the one Walt worked on like CoP is. It's not the great classic that I see HM and JC are. I just don't have any attachment to it, and I feel like the characters are a fun improvement to a very boring ride. I understand that people feel differently, and if you think it's mediocre, I'm quite alright in being a DoM in this situation.:lol:

As for being blatant Disney for me to enjoy it...seriously? Do you know me?:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Believe me, I get why people would want it to stay the same. I feel that way about plenty of attractions: CoP, JC, HM, Big Thunder, etc. I just don't feel the nostalgia or history on iasw. It's not the one Walt worked on like CoP is. It's not the great classic that I see HM and JC are. I just don't have any attachment to it, and I feel like the characters are a fun improvement to a very boring ride. I understand that people feel differently, and if you think it's mediocre, I'm quite alright in being a DoM in this situation.:lol:

As for being blatant Disney for me to enjoy it...seriously? Do you know me?:lol:

You got it.:D
al100907a.jpg

And yeah, I know you.:lol:

I guess this is your soft spot.:lol::lookaroun

Mine might be JII...Don't mind this version THAT much.:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Yea I rode it back when I was a wee one. I was always more of a Peter Pan/Toad kid when it came to Fantasyland.

JII v1 is, and will always be my favorite ride ever, and I will not forgive them until Dreamfinder returns.:lookaroun
Goodness, I miss Toad.:(

Really!? Odd, thought JC was.

JII was in the top three with SSE 94 and Horizons

SirGoofy

Goodness, I miss Toad.:(

Really!? Odd, thought JC was.

JII was in the top three with SSE 94 and Horizons

Jungle Cruise is probably 2 or 2a with Haunted Mansion. JII is my childhood as it pertains to Disney. I would literally make my parents ride that with me over and over and over again. I literally burst out in tears when they changed it.

Horizons is probably top 10. SSE '94 is probably top 15...I don't know. I should really list my top 20 one time...:lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

Jungle Cruise is probably 2 or 2a with Haunted Mansion. JII is my childhood as it pertains to Disney. I would literally make my parents ride that with me over and over and over again. I literally burst out in tears when they changed it.

Horizons is probably top 10. SSE '94 is probably top 15...I don't know. I should really list my top 20 one time...:lookaroun

Awww...That was me with SSE.:eek:

Multiple rides every trip.

Silverguy4867

I'm just too lazy to check all the pages, but I'm really nervous because I just booked a trip today. Leaving Aug 15th - 23rd and EE is my new fav. They would probably have posted a refurb if happening at those dates by now, right? :shrug:

TP2000

I'll try my hand at keeping track of all the rumors in this thread.

Magic Kingdom

Little Mermaid Attraction
Fantasyland Makeover

The new Summer '09 D23 Magazine has a big article about the DCA Billion Dollar Extreme Makeover. And several paragraphs and artwork are dedicated to the Little Mermaid Attraction. If it gets the greenlight for Magic Kingdom, which I think really needs to happen, here's some of the latest info on it pasted from that D23 article.

... coming in 2011, is an attraction that fans have been dreaming for 20 years, The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure. "It's a fantastic three-dimensional visit to Ariel in her undersea world, " reveals Lisa Girolami, director and senior show producer for the attraction. "You'll be able to relive all the great moments from that movie. But now you'll be able to be with her and Sebastian, Flounder, and the other sea creatures. It's an E-ticket attraction - and it will feel like E-Plus!" she promises. "It's so immersive, pun intended. You're going to be under the sea, you're going to have this incredible musical score, all these characters singing and dancing with you." The attraction replaces Golden Dreams Theater and its adjacent buildings. And as if one "E-Plus" attraction wasn't enough, how about a whole E-Plus land? Cars Land arrives in 2012, themed to....

This Little Mermaid ride sounds like they are pulling out all the stops, and I have no doubt that it will show up in Tokyo eventually, and also Florida. But now the question is.... what year does it open in Florida? :rolleyes:

I'm just too lazy to check all the pages, but I'm really nervous because I just booked a trip today. Leaving Aug 15th - 23rd and EE is my new fav. They would probably have posted a refurb if happening at those dates by now, right? :shrug:

Cool! I will be there the 19th - 25th! I doubt EE will be closed. It is still new. I have heard that there have been a few problem with the ride though! If it closes I will be wanting my money back. Lmao.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
The new Summer '09 D23 Magazine has a big article about the DCA Billion Dollar Extreme Makeover. And several paragraphs and artwork are dedicated to the Little Mermaid Attraction. If it gets the greenlight for Magic Kingdom, which I think really needs to happen, here's some of the latest info on it pasted from that D23 article.

... coming in 2011, is an attraction that fans have been dreaming for 20 years, The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure. "It's a fantastic three-dimensional visit to Ariel in her undersea world, " reveals Lisa Girolami, director and senior show producer for the attraction. "You'll be able to relive all the great moments from that movie. But now you'll be able to be with her and Sebastian, Flounder, and the other sea creatures. It's an E-ticket attraction - and it will feel like E-Plus!" she promises. "It's so immersive, pun intended. You're going to be under the sea, you're going to have this incredible musical score, all these characters singing and dancing with you." The attraction replaces Golden Dreams Theater and its adjacent buildings. And as if one "E-Plus" attraction wasn't enough, how about a whole E-Plus land? Cars Land arrives in 2012, themed to....

This Little Mermaid ride sounds like they are pulling out all the stops, and I have no doubt that it will show up in Tokyo eventually, and also Florida. But now the question is.... what year does it open in Florida? :rolleyes:

If and when the Little Mermaid attraction finds it's way to the Magic Kingdom, there is no guarantee that it will be a direct lift from DCA. It does seem that the current MO of Jay Rasulo is to clone things as often as possible, as it saves money on R & D, that being said - I recently read that the price of Toy Story Mania in Tokyo Disney Sea is going to be in the $110-$120 million range, so it does not seem they're saving much money there.

I wouldn't worry about it. The plan to refurbish Expedition Everest has been internet rumor at this point with an objective of keeping the ride open while the work on the Yeti is done. There doesn't seem to be a timetable for this (or at least not one that has been announced yet. At the very least, I expect this to happy after Space Mountain re-opens.

If and when the Little Mermaid attraction finds it's way to the Magic Kingdom, there is no guarantee that it will be a direct lift from DCA. It does seem that the current MO of Jay Rasulo is to clone things as often as possible, as it saves money on R & D, that being said - I recently read that the price of Toy Story Mania in Tokyo Disney Sea is going to be in the $110-$120 million range, so it does not seem they're saving much money there.

I wouldn't worry about it. The plan to refurbish Expedition Everest has been internet rumor at this point with an objective of keeping the ride open while the work on the Yeti is done. There doesn't seem to be a timetable for this (or at least not one that has been announced yet. At the very least, I expect this to happy after Space Mountain re-opens.

So, is the Yeti in the ride still? Would they take it out untill it is fixed? That is my fav ride too and the Yeti is the best part!

MousDad

No more red-headed step child status for DCA once Mermaid and Cars Land opens. There's going to be a lot of people (including me) making the trip to California just for that park. Oh, I might visit DL too.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So, is the Yeti in the ride still? Would they take it out untill it is fixed? That is my fav ride too and the Yeti is the best part!
The Yeti is frozen - see the EE effects watch list thread for more info. There are 2 plans to fix it which don`t include closing the attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom