Upcoming/Rumored Projects

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
The Yeti is frozen - see the EE effects watch list thread for more info. There are 2 plans to fix it which don`t include closing the attraction.

2 plans?

Are they "build a replacement Yeti" and "Use a screen projection of a yeti while it's being fixed"?

EPCOT Explorer

The new Summer '09 D23 Magazine has a big article about the DCA Billion Dollar Extreme Makeover. And several paragraphs and artwork are dedicated to the Little Mermaid Attraction. If it gets the greenlight for Magic Kingdom, which I think really needs to happen, here's some of the latest info on it pasted from that D23 article.

... coming in 2011, is an attraction that fans have been dreaming for 20 years, The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure. "It's a fantastic three-dimensional visit to Ariel in her undersea world, " reveals Lisa Girolami, director and senior show producer for the attraction. "You'll be able to relive all the great moments from that movie. But now you'll be able to be with her and Sebastian, Flounder, and the other sea creatures. It's an E-ticket attraction - and it will feel like E-Plus!" she promises. "It's so immersive, pun intended. You're going to be under the sea, you're going to have this incredible musical score, all these characters singing and dancing with you." The attraction replaces Golden Dreams Theater and its adjacent buildings. And as if one "E-Plus" attraction wasn't enough, how about a whole E-Plus land? Cars Land arrives in 2012, themed to....

This Little Mermaid ride sounds like they are pulling out all the stops, and I have no doubt that it will show up in Tokyo eventually, and also Florida. But now the question is.... what year does it open in Florida? :rolleyes:
Sounds great.:D

Now, we REALLY, REALLY, need it in Fla. Cloning FTW:lol:

Jasonflz

The new Summer '09 D23 Magazine has a big article about the DCA Billion Dollar Extreme Makeover. And several paragraphs and artwork are dedicated to the Little Mermaid Attraction. If it gets the greenlight for Magic Kingdom, which I think really needs to happen, here's some of the latest info on it pasted from that D23 article.

... coming in 2011, is an attraction that fans have been dreaming for 20 years, The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure. "It's a fantastic three-dimensional visit to Ariel in her undersea world, " reveals Lisa Girolami, director and senior show producer for the attraction. "You'll be able to relive all the great moments from that movie. But now you'll be able to be with her and Sebastian, Flounder, and the other sea creatures. It's an E-ticket attraction - and it will feel like E-Plus!" she promises. "It's so immersive, pun intended. You're going to be under the sea, you're going to have this incredible musical score, all these characters singing and dancing with you." The attraction replaces Golden Dreams Theater and its adjacent buildings. And as if one "E-Plus" attraction wasn't enough, how about a whole E-Plus land? Cars Land arrives in 2012, themed to....

This Little Mermaid ride sounds like they are pulling out all the stops, and I have no doubt that it will show up in Tokyo eventually, and also Florida. But now the question is.... what year does it open in Florida? :rolleyes:

Sounds great but it seems like we may only get a cheaper version of the attraction, ie: Winnie the Pooh. Hopefully this doesn't happen and we get the full version. Not so sure about the CarsLand coming to DHS.

jt04

Sounds great but it seems like we may only get a cheaper version of the attraction, ie: Winnie the Pooh. Hopefully this doesn't happen and we get the full version. Not so sure about the CarsLand coming to DHS.

I seriously doubt we will ever see a Radiator Springs Racers. I think it would be much more likely that we might get a scaled down version that includes all the features of the Carsland at DCA except RSR. The money for a WDW version of RSR could be must better utilized at WDW for othe needs. Such as Mysterious Island, or Imagination/Energy refurbs, or a Fantasyland rehab. Any of which could be done for what a new RSR would cost.

MousDad

I seriously doubt we will ever see a Radiator Springs Racers. I think it would be much more likely that we might get a scaled down version that includes all the features of the Carsland at DCA except RSR. The money for a WDW version of RSR could be must better utilized at WDW for othe needs. Such as Mysterious Island, or Imagination/Energy refurbs, or a Fantasyland rehab. Any of which could be done for what a new RSR would cost.

...and would be unique to WDW.

I'm with you on this one jt. Let DCA enjoy the benefits of having Carsland and Little Mermaid exclusively for a few years. I think it's fair to say the park deserves it.

Jasonflz

Not only that but the proposed Carsland would be too big to fit in Pixar Place alone. They would have to get rid of the backlot tour just to fit in half of it.

disneykw

Not only that but the proposed Carsland would be too big to fit in Pixar Place alone. They would have to get rid of the backlot tour just to fit in half of it.

Which I wouldn't be one bit sad about. But truly, if they did put Carsland in Studios, I'd be really disappointed. With the possible new addition of the Monsters Inc coaster, the park is Pixar Mania as it is.

EPCOT Explorer

...and would be unique to WDW.

I'm with you on this one jt. Let DCA enjoy the benefits of having Carsland and Little Mermaid exclusively for a few years. I think it's fair to say the park deserves it.

...And then lift it over here.:lol:

...And the TDS will probably get it.:lookaroun:lol: Only 500 times better.

disneykw

Yep...But TDS is such a perfect fit. TLM is a whole land! *drools*:lookaroun:lol:

I was thinking about that when I was there. It's a neat idea, although I'm absolutely sure it's not possible considering it's already filled out to the max and it's butted practically right up against the volcano. They already have the show that blows Voyage of TLM out of the water, so I don't think they'll miss it.

EPCOT Explorer

I was thinking about that when I was there. It's a neat idea, although I'm absolutely sure it's not possible considering it's already filled out to the max and it's butted practically right up against the volcano. They already have the show that blows Voyage of TLM out of the water, so I don't think they'll miss it.

Hmmm...Maybe they can expand it out?

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
With regards to the Expedition Everest/Yeti refurbishment I'd love to hear a time frame.

Also, at one point in the concept phases of the ride, there was speculation that the yeti might appear to pick up or move the track while the riders were on it. Just throwing out things conceptually (That probably aren't conceivable at this point), would it be possible at the Yeti projection for the track to be lifted while guests are on it, in sync with the Yeti ripping up the track? Have it lift up a little bit, lock in place as the other track rotates and then you travel down the mountain?

disneykw

With regards to the Expedition Everest/Yeti refurbishment I'd love to hear a time frame.

Also, at one point in the concept phases of the ride, there was speculation that the yeti might appear to pick up or move the track while the riders were on it. Just throwing out things conceptually (That probably aren't conceivable at this point), would it be possible at the Yeti projection for the track to be lifted while guests are on it, in sync with the Yeti ripping up the track? Have it lift up a little bit, lock in place as the other track rotates and then you travel down the mountain?

Yeah, I saw that concept. Really neat, but totally undoable as of now and a long time to come. As for me, put me on the list of people who wouldn't want to put their lives in the hands of a giant animatronic, especially a half broken one. Of course anything is doable, for example if the animatronic appeared to put his hands under the track and a hydraulic piston lifted the piece of track from the bottom. That might be more doable, but would still be a maintenance nightmare.

As for the Yeti projection scene, I'd think the effect would be a bit odd unless you actually see the Yeti, not his shadow, ripping up track. But I can definitely see the track shaking minimally up, down or left & right like an earthquake to justify the track switch.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Yeah, I saw that concept. Really neat, but totally undoable as of now and a long time to come. As for me, put me on the list of people who wouldn't want to put their lives in the hands of a giant animatronic, especially a half broken one. Of course anything is doable, for example if the animatronic appeared to put his hands under the track and a hydraulic piston lifted the piece of track from the bottom. That might be more doable, but would still be a maintenance nightmare.

As for the Yeti projection scene, I'd think the effect would be a bit odd unless you actually see the Yeti, not his shadow, ripping up track. But I can definitely see the track shaking minimally up, down or left & right like an earthquake to justify the track switch.

What did they do at Universal for the King Kong ride? I think the section of track that we're on during the Yeti projection should have some sort of movement, be it tilting, or simply shaking as the track behind you is ripped up.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think Paris should get some love first.
DLP and TDL are paid for by different companies.
It would fit very well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom