Upcoming/Rumored Projects

IlikeDW

The Mysterious Island thing got me curious, so I talked to a pretty reliable source and since the INSIDERS here seem to be in the know I was wondering if you could confirm/deny what I heard.

Up until 2013 these are the projected plans for The World, with 2012 being the key year to unveil/build them:

The New Fantasy Land with The Little Mermaid by 2012, Star Tours 2 by 2011-12, and Mysterious Island is being planned for Animal Kingdom but nothing is happening before 2012.

And that's it for Disney World for the 2013 plans.

Plans for DCA, new Theme Parks for China and Disneyland Paris, and Cruise Ships has left 'the world' out in the cold compared to what's happening for 'the land'.

Monster's Inc. Ride isn't happening and Radiator Springs isn't coming to the Studios, either.

EPCOT is what I'm most disappointed with. Its getting nothing until after at least 2013, unless it gets the new Soarin' before then, which isn't a guarantee. There are plans for a World Showcase refurb... At some point. I didn't hear anything about the new Imagination, though, which is what I was most interested about.

Pretty Accurated based on what we heard today:cool:

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Main page has been updated to include some recent major refurbishments, and completed projects.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
The words "legitimate" and "rumor" have the exact opposite meaning. So now I'm confused by anything in red. :veryconfu

Do you have a suggestion as to how I should describe this category?

This category is things like the Jungle Cruise refurb - insiders on here have indicated that it's happening, but there's no official timetable.

Comparitively, something like an Animal Kingdom expansion is more than likely in the works, but it's not as far along in development so that would fall under the blue sky category.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom