Upcoming/Rumored Projects

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Per Jim Hill on today's Magical Definition Podcast:

The planned Jungle Cruise refurbishment includes a static load area for guests with disabilities where a boat can be pulled to the side a la Toy Story Mania or Space Mountain in Disneyland.

SirGoofy

Per Jim Hill on today's Magical Definition Podcast:

The planned Jungle Cruise refurbishment includes a static load area for guests with disabilities where a boat can be pulled to the side a la Toy Story Mania or Space Mountain in Disneyland.

First I've heard of this, and personally, I'm not buying it. We just got a new dock built last year, I don't see them ripping it up again this quickly.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Updated front page with several changes, most notably the following rumor from Jim Hill

Kevin and Dug from Up to be added as living characters to Flights of Wonder

Jasonflz

Updated front page with several changes, most notably the following rumor from Jim Hill

Kevin and Dug from Up to be added as living characters to Flights of Wonder

I can't see that happening for some reason. Still, I'm holding out for a full Up attraction at Pixar Place.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
I can't see that happening for some reason. Still, I'm holding out for a full Up attraction at Pixar Place.

I hadn't seen Flights of Wonder in quite some time, and then I saw it in December (and again in March). I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed the comedic addition of the tour guide leader, but I could also see how adding an interactive animatronic Kevin to the show would improve it.

Dinoman96

I remember Screamscape said something about a new water ride in AK that might delay BK/MI, unless it's apart of those lands...

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
I remember Screamscape said something about a new water ride in AK that might delay BK/MI, unless it's apart of those lands...

At this point, it seems that best chance at a major attraction for AK is Mysterious Island, and that seems to be on the back burner. I'm sure there's something else that's being considered that we don't know about, but of the rumors that have come out, that one seemed to have the most legs. With that, I'd say it's Blue Sky at best.

JWG

At this point, it seems that best chance at a major attraction for AK is Mysterious Island, and that seems to be on the back burner. I'm sure there's something else that's being considered that we don't know about, but of the rumors that have come out, that one seemed to have the most legs. With that, I'd say it's Blue Sky at best.

Until they manage to figure out hours past 5pm, I'm ok with AK staying as is until other projects are completed. It appears the makeover of MK is coming/close, MGM (DHS, whatever) is getting its share of love down Pixar Place, so let's get Epcot back in shape and then focus on AK. With the addition of Everest and the Nemo Show, AK can be a full day park (considering its hours) if you take in the shows. Being all outdoors (for the most part) also makes AK harder to stay at all day if it's a real summer day in FL. So, if this is held/delayed/stuck in park for now, so be it considering some good news elsewhere.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Haven't updated in a while. Changed the status of the Monster's Inc Coaster, added the Tequila bar as well as the rumored Princess and the Frog show on the Liberty Square Riverboat.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
These are the items that may or may not have come from WDW Insider, can one of our other insiders verify whether they have heard anything about them?

Magic Kingdom
Jungle Cruise refurbishment
New Thrill Ride to replace Tomorrowland Speedway
Big Thunder Mountain refurbishment

Epcot
Disney Nature to take over Circle of Life Video in The Land
New $30 million E-Ticket that will be linked to Wonders of Life Pavilion

DocMcHulk

As a kid I loved the backlot tour(even though I lost my camera). I will hate to see it go! But I can see why it would. I am sad. My fav part was seeing the house from Disney Channel's Alice in Wonderland show. But it is LONG gone now. :(
The moment they took down all those houses was the day the Backlot Tour Died.

EPCOT Explorer

These are the items that may or may not have come from WDW Insider, can one of our other insiders verify whether they have heard anything about them?

Magic Kingdom
Jungle Cruise refurbishment
New Thrill Ride to replace Tomorrowland Speedway
Big Thunder Mountain refurbishment

Epcot
Disney Nature to take over Circle of Life Video in The Land
New $30 million E-Ticket that will be linked to Wonders of Life Pavilion

Doubting that....but hoping the $$$ goes to JII.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
[/B]

Doubting that....but hoping the $$$ goes to JII.

Does anyone remember if this was a WDW Insider or WDW 1974 rumor? I'm thinking the former. I'm going to remove that and the Indy removal from the first post as well as link WDW Vacationer's Fantasyland thread.

stitch2008

Does anyone remember if this was a WDW Insider or WDW 1974 rumor? I'm thinking the former. I'm going to remove that and the Indy removal from the first post as well as link WDW Vacationer's Fantasyland thread.

I actually think it was Lee or Marni that posted the rumor. I could be wrong though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom