Upcoming/Rumored Projects

SirGoofy

If it's like Soarin' it could be nice....Kinda like that cool slick technology feel.:lol:

I hate that dang game in the Soarin' queue. Not that I wait in the queue anyway, but if it's like that, I'll be disappointed.

Now the Jungle Cruise refurb, everyone cross their fingers, pray, whatever you do, that this doesn't get its budget slashed.

EPCOT Explorer

I hate that dang game in the Soarin' queue. Not that I wait in the queue anyway, but if it's like that, I'll be disappointed.

Now the Jungle Cruise refurb, everyone cross their fingers, pray, whatever you do, that this doesn't get its budget slashed.

I pray for that, you pray I get to MK.:lookaroun:lol::eek:

SirGoofy

Really now? I have not been on JC in years.:eek:

Yea, the plans as of the last time I heard them were astounding. Much better than Pirates or HoP.

And if you head up to MK anytime soon, give the Jungle a whirl. The skips are really top notch right now, including the CPs.

You still down there? Your sig is misleading...:confused:

I know, I need to change it. I'm back at home, preparing to head back to school next week.

EPCOT Explorer

Yea, the plans as of the last time I heard them were astounding. Much better than Pirates or HoP.

And if you head up to MK anytime soon, give the Jungle a whirl. The skips are really top notch right now, including the CPs.

I know, I need to change it. I'm back at home, preparing to head back to school next week.

Sounds promising....and will do.:D You've gotten me interested in it, again...:lol:

Next week!?:zipit: I have 2 weeks left of summer...:cry::lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

Yes! Honestly, sometimes I feel like a JC lobbyist.

Well, class doesn't start until August 24th, but I need to move into my new town house the week before.

:ROFLOL::sohappy: Ok, that made me laugh. Hard.

What does that make me...? EPCOT Lobbyist? Senator?:lookaroun:lol:

Ah, OK...Aug 24th here too.:zipit: Let the nerves begin...:eek::lol:

_Scar

So, what's with the Wonders of Life? It looks like an abandoned giant loaf of bread. I hear a river ride is coming to Epcot. Anyone heard this too?

SirGoofy

So, what's with the Wonders of Life? It looks like an abandoned giant loaf of bread. I hear a river ride is coming to Epcot. Anyone heard this too?

WoL is dead, will only be used as a convention space, until they decide to rip it down, that is.

As for the river ride, no clue. Haven't heard anything about EPCOT in a while.

EpcotServo

I hate that dang game in the Soarin' queue.

It's a cool idea, and super guest friendly, but I hate what it does to the great hall, one of the most impressive queue areas ever built at WDW.

Before:
RandomFeb.07%20016.jpg

After:

MUPPETLABS%20006.jpg

_Scar

I honestly think that SSE is the only thing active in that park.:(

Sad....

I skipped SSE :O. To me, only Soarin' seems to be keeping Epcot afloat. TT, let's be honest, is past it's prime and is the 1st generation of the ride type. :( I really hope what I heard was right because Epcot won't be able to survive many more years without something new and exciting. DHS has that same prob, but die hard fans will do anything to get on ToT and RRC. So... :shrug:

A family friend who works at Epcot says in the meetings Soarin is top priority and some things like electrical arguments :)shrug:) get intense in the meeting (implying a lot of problems in Epcot).

EPCOT Explorer

I'm not sad, other than Imagination seemingly being frozen yet again.

EPCOT is the most complete park IMO. It has no glaring holes, no matter what many fanbois think.

I'm sorry.:lol:
Ehhhhh...:rolleyes:;)

As for entertainment, and entertainment alone, EPCOT is set, I agree.

But, looking at what EPCOT is supposed to do, it's seriously lacking.

• TLS- No longer anything futuristic or even discovery based. It's Nemo. There is nothing EPCOT about it. If it was EPCOT inspired GUIDED with Nemo, I would be fine. But as it is? No.
  • The Land? Fine. Full experience. JII? Even in this sad and cut state, it does it's job. It's cute and fun and about imagination and it's potential. (To me! I enjoy the thing! :fork::lol:) Same with SSE, UoE, and even MS. All could be better, but....They work. Some even work well.
  • TT? I don't see anything edutaining here. Nor do I see futurism or even anything inspiring. It needs help.
  • WS? Stale. It needs something new.

But then again...I'm a Fanboy.;)

EPCOT Explorer

I skipped SSE :O. To me, only Soarin' seems to be keeping Epcot afloat. TT, let's be honest, is past it's prime and is the 1st generation of the ride type. :( I really hope what I heard was right because Epcot won't be able to survive many more years without something new and exciting. DHS has that same prob, but die hard fans will do anything to get on ToT and RRC. So... :shrug:

A family friend who works at Epcot says in the meetings Soarin is top priority and some things like electrical arguments :)shrug:) get intense in the meeting (implying a lot of problems in Epcot).

I don't think Soarin' is EPCOT's only draw.:rolleyes: Despite it's lack of EPCOT ideals, Nemo pulls crowds and so does TT. MS and SSE too. WS continues to attract the older crowd.

While I have you here, I know that my complaints would not matter if the attraction were pulling in crowds. Honestly, I think they still would if they catered more to "the Fanboys".It has that Disney label. Nowadays, Disney relies on their image and their universal name for their successes. A EPCOT based off of the 1982 original could work using this marketing power.

I don't think EPCOT is close to being a "DHS" in terms of problems. ...And what do you mean Electrical?:wave:

_Scar

Odyssey and WoL are both glaring holes to me. Ellen is when you see that Dino scene... don't get me started! Nemo is fine. JII is crapola and HISTA is even more crapola. Epcot has some holes. Major holes.

Complete-ness for me would be MK. It's #1 park and it hasn't had any MAJOR ride since 1992. It just has a lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom