Universe of Energy being unrepainted!

hpyhnt 1000

Yeah, I think it was Earth Station that was that light blue. CCore looks like it was tan with brown trim back then,

One more thing, I'm almost certain that Innoventions has been repainted within the last few years. Its color is more of an earthy/mocha brown with a darker trim rather than the salmon pink we all loved to hate. Actually, its now almoost in the same color palette as the original color scheme of CCore.

This doesn't look like salmon pink to me... :shrug:

2541989998_a2af64d496_b.jpg

Here's that old salmon pink...
wdw_epcot_innoventions.jpg

Notice how the support trim color used to be a really light pink.It is defintiely much darker and much more brown these days.

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah, I think it was Earth Station that was that light blue. CCore looks like it was tan with brown trim back then,

One more thing, I'm almost certain that Innoventions has been repainted within the last few years. Its color is more of an earthy/mocha brown with a darker trim rather than the salmon pink we all loved to hate. Actually, its now almoost in the same color palette as the original color scheme of CCore.

This doesn't look like salmon pink to me... :shrug:

2541989998_a2af64d496_b.jpg

Original CCore was MUUUUUCH ligher. Almost silverish yellow.

And I think that it's the lighting that's doing that to the pic you posted. I'm pretty sure it's still pink, arid...and gross.:dazzle:

Maybe the posts have been painted...

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Speaking of which, in this part of Martin's CommuniCore video, in the last ten or twenty seconds, CommuniCore is clearly tan, and you can even see the difference in the paint job on the CommuniCore West sign.

hpyhnt 1000

Original CCore was MUUUUUCH ligher. Almost silverish yellow.

And I think that it's the lighting that's doing that to the pic you posted. I'm pretty sure it's still pink, arid...and gross.:dazzle:

Maybe the posts have been painted...

Oh, you got to my post before I edited it! Ah well. Yeah, I know its much darker than the original CCore look, but just as far as the color palette, its more of a shade of brown today, just like CCore was more of a brown. I'll see if I can find a better pic for comparison...

gustaftp

Here's that old salmon pink...

Notice how the support trim color used to be a really light pink.It is defintiely much darker and much more brown these days.

That picture looks like DLP's Discoveryland puked all over Innoventions! Disneyland's Tomorrowland got the same teals/pinks/browns all over it too. While it worked great at DLP, it looks awful on the sleek aesthetic of Future World and Tomorrowland.

hpyhnt 1000

Here, this works better. Top was then, bottom is now. Is it much? Not really, but there is a difference. More brown today than it used to be. :shrug:

EpcotNewSignageInnoventions.jpg

gustaftp

That entrance isn't great. It would be nice if the overhang curved around to match the other parts. The Innoventions logo is really odd, and the gradients are awful. At least they removed the junk that used to sit in the entry area.

That teal still needs to go. Sooooooo 90s.

A little trip down memory lane, and our teal-loving 90s way:
win95.png

tirian

That entrance isn't great. It would be nice if the overhang curved around to match the other parts. The Innoventions logo is really odd, and the gradients are awful. At least they removed the junk that used to sit in the entry area.

That teal still needs to go. Sooooooo 90s.

A little trip down memory lane, and our teal-loving 90s way:
win95.png

:lol:

I don't mind the lack of overhangs, because that's how you know where the entrances are. It looked a lot better back when it was light tan and surrounded by ponds and trees.

Yeah, the colors and gradients are terrible, and look like they were made by somebody who just learned how to use Illustrator and Photoshop. :lol:

EDIT: What's up with WDI suddenly using off-the-shelf fonts? They used to be better than that!

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
SO what colours are we still confused about?? :D

CommuniCore/Innoventions. Some are saying CommuniCore was always light blue, that it wasn't painted until Innoventions came along, and some are saying it was always tan. I think that it was originally light blue, but painted tan sometime in the middle of its CommuniCore days.

SDav10495

SO what colours are we still confused about?? :D

All of 'em, I'm pretty sure. So far in this thread we've read that Communicore used to be tan, blue, white, silver, brown, pink, and yellow. Which is weird, since I could have sworn it used to be lime green. ;)

EDIT: What's up with WDI suddenly using off-the-shelf fonts? They used to be better than that!

No kidding! Wasn't the World Bold (aka Prototype) font designed specifically for EPCOT Center's pavilion signage? Get back on your typography game, WDI!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
All of 'em, I'm pretty sure. So far in this thread we've read that Communicore used to be tan, blue, white, silver, brown, pink, and yellow. Which is weird, since I could have sworn it used to be lime green.
Riiiight....

Earthstation was originally light blue with white trim and silver panneling. It changed in 1994.

Communicore was a very pale light tan, almost grey in colour. It too changed in 1994.

TLS was almost white, again a very pale tan colour. Slightly whiter than CCore. It changed for TSWN.

50027.jpg

attachment.php

Attachments

• Seas opening web.jpg
    Seas opening web.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 81

EPCOT Explorer

Riiiight....

Earthstation was originally light blue with white trim and silver panneling. It changed in 1994.

Communicore was a very pale light tan, almost grey in colour. It too changed in 1994.

TLS was almost white, again a very pale tan colour. Slightly whiter than CCore. It changed for TSWN.

50027.jpg

attachment.php

wh00t! No more color confusion!:lol::lol::sohappy:

Thanks for clearing that up, Martin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom