Universe of Energy being unrepainted!

TheDisneyMagic

Sorry guys I have posted this in another thread as well but thought it would be more suitable in here.

This video come up on youtube, now I don't know if it has been edited or legit as I haven't been in to Epcot in a few weeks now, look at the first few seconds where it focuses on Universe of Energy, do you notice the BDP sign?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mfkRRCspTI

TheDisneyMagic

Now I am having doubts, after reading the info on the video I am not sure if it was computer generated for fanboy fun or they are talking about actually creating the animation for Disney.:confused:

Brian_WDW74

Forgive me for reposting a message that I posted in another thread, but FYI:

BDPnetworks LLC is a Seattle-based company owned by Brian Place, who also happens to run a blog at http://www.fixepcot.com. I think he just made a little test video to see what his company's logo would look like on Epcot attractions.

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Further progress on Universe of Energy-

It looks like the whole left side might be completely done, barring any possible lighting changes:
picture.php

picture.php

This would be that back section, from the perspective of the restrooms by Spaceship Earth:
picture.php

The right side isn't quite done yet, the last couple of ribs still need to be fully painted, and the back yellow sections still need a couple of coats.

Inside, here is the aforementioned Earth tile:
picture.php

And I could totally be imagining this, but could they have changed the color of these dinosaurs?:
picture.php

Almost everything was working great this time around. There's still low audio from the "audience" in the pre-show at the dream sequence bit. No lag time on the second screen. EXIT signs turned off during the Theater One film, which they hadn't last time. Couldn't tell if there was fog or not in the diorama, I was sitting towards the back. Lava is still flowing, and the lava geyser was back on. Still no curtains to be seen inside Theater Two. Curtains acting normally upon the return to Theater One. I think that about covers it.

gustaftp

If they aren't going to retile the back part with a mirrored wall, I'd honestly rather have the trees blocking the view of that last portion.

Expo_Seeker40

I know I'm going to be shot for proposing this...but hear me out. :lookaroun

So if I were to Art Direct ( :rolleyes: :cool:) the exterior refurb of the UoE, I would have so far allowed NO mirrors to be added onto the back of the last pannel (east and west sides) where they used to be. I agree with them painting it a shade of yellow.

I also would have removed the front panel mirrors on the east and west side. (NOOOO Expo how could you do that :fork:) Because it would match and even out the look of the building. The front panels would be a shade of red. I would KEEP all the mirrors on the front/south side of the building...and by removing the mirrors from the front panels of the east and west side of the building, I would be able to once again add mirrors to the roof of the building that have been gone for quite a while now. :wave:

The cement/concrete around the UoE used to be all pink....like so many of the boarders are around various Pavilions...however the boarders around the spot where the dino topiaries used to be...used to be reflecting pools and these boarders used to be painted yellow some time shortly after opening day. By 1996 they went to blue and have remained since.

I would paint all of them a charcoal (dark) gray color. I also would chop down the trees along the sides of the building as well.

2qs6kp1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom