Universe of Energy being unrepainted!

Horizonstta

I think you are correct there as well Mr.Epcot, I believe it is used as your waiting for the Pre Show to begin and the same score is used as you exit the pavillion, well it is either the same or extremely similar (I haven't noticed a difference between the two).

The exit music is generally the same, although shorter, than the preshow music. The preshow music runs 4:48 and the exit music runs 4:04. While excluding some of the score from the preshow, the exit music also has about 10 seconds of score that is not included in the preshow. The exit music has not been released in any official (or unoffical) capacity, other than a few medicore live recordings.

To answer a few of the other questions. A source copy of the exterior music loop (running 17:40) has been in circulation for a number of years.

A few years ago, I released recordings of the pre-show spill (the music heard while moving into Theater I and as the vehicles are being loaded), the soundtrack to Theater I, and the load announcements that play prior to the start of the Theater I soundtrack (which play over the pre-show spill). I haven't released the Theater II soundtrack. There is no source or other recordings, apart from live recordings, of the Dinorama and KNRG segments.

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
A few years ago, I released recordings of the pre-show spill (the music heard while moving into Theater I and as the vehicles are being loaded), the soundtrack to Theater I, and the load announcements that play prior to the start of the Theater I soundtrack (which play over the pre-show spill). I haven't released the Theater II soundtrack.

And where can this lovely material be found? :D

Jasonflz

btw: Here is some useless information, I have a tracklisting for the attraction's soundtrack if anyone is wondering. It is not official.

Universe Of Energy Area Music
Pre-Show Fill
Abc main theme
Jeopardy theme
Fog
Jeopardy theme
Backstage
Pre-Show Spill
The Big Bang
Pea Brain
Enter The Diorama
Dinorama
Knrg news segments
Birth Of Civilization
The Big Picture
No Easy Answers
Think Music
Jeopardy Win Theme
Jeopardy End Theme
Final Spill

Composed by Bruce Broughton

Jasonflz

And why is that? Actually, they were posted as links, not torrents, on Mousebits a couple of times. Currently, I don't think they are available for download, but I assume someone will post them if you ask.

By soundtrack do you mean the actual score to Theater 1? (including the music from the big bang sequence)

Horizonstta

By soundtrack do you mean the actual score to Theater 1? (including the music from the big bang sequence)

The score, isolated from the soundtrack, hasn't surfaced (and it isn't for a lack of trying to obtain it). The soundtrack is presented as you would hear it in the attraction, a mix of score and dialog.

Jasonflz

The score, isolated from the soundtrack, hasn't surfaced (and it isn't for a lack of trying to obtain it). The soundtrack is presented as you would hear it in the attraction, a mix of score and dialog.

Oh, I have it then. I also have the area music and pre-show spill recordings too.

Horizonstta

btw: Here is some useless information, I have a tracklisting for the attraction's soundtrack if anyone is wondering. It is not official.

Universe Of Energy Area Music
Pre-Show Fill
Abc main theme
Jeopardy theme
Fog
Jeopardy theme
Backstage
Pre-Show Spill
The Big Bang
Pea Brain
Enter The Diorama
Dinorama
Knrg news segments
Birth Of Civilization
The Big Picture
No Easy Answers
Think Music
Jeopardy Win Theme
Jeopardy End Theme
Final Spill

Composed by Bruce Broughton

This one is more accurate than your list (just highlight the EEA cue list).

http://web.me.com/cbarrywdw03/BruceBroughtonThemeParkMusic/Cue_Sheets.html

EpcotFanForever

Okay..... this is now a great thread and a worthy contender to All of Epcot part 2 :D

Great to hear orange is in too. I was worried only red and yellow was coming back, despite it only appearing to be a base coat.

Coming out of the show exit, it was clear that the red, orange, and first yellow bar were finished. The last yellow bar needs at least one more coat of paint.

Correct me, but wasn`t this where the old sponsor badge was?

It's possible from the bleed through that it just said "Time until Universe of Energy" or something like that. The clock may not be working properly yet.

Tut tut.... back from refurb and a car down? Unless the seat coating is new as you say and this car is still being worked on. I really hope the 12th car hasn`t given up and is being used for parts, as the original car 13 was.

Let me explain this a bit better. Recall the old IASW and POTC boats - they had a shiny fiberglass finish that was very hard. The new boats are softer and rough - the remind me of Little Tykes kids toys. The seats in the mobile theater used to be like fiberglass. They appear to be made in several sections - a few parts to the back, and then a liner that extends from the top on the back to just behind your knees. This liner has been replaced by the same "Little Tykes" plastic, and it appears to be new.

There used to be spots of light all over the floor and incoming guests from ceiling gobo fixtures; were these missing?

From what I recall, yes.

I`m pretty sure these are a new thing; the original shows side curtains were raised for the reflection effect of the finale film and then lowered at the end; for Ellen I`m pretty sure they never moved. Nothing on the walls but the 1996 soundproofing though? Me wonders if they are planning on plussing it....

On the left, the door was initially down. On the right, all you could see was black soundproofing. But the curtains were symmetric.

EPCOT Explorer

Coming out of the show exit, it was clear that the red, orange, and first yellow bar were finished. The last yellow bar needs at least one more coat of paint.

It's possible from the bleed through that it just said "Time until Universe of Energy" or something like that. The clock may not be working properly yet.

Let me explain this a bit better. Recall the old IASW and POTC boats - they had a shiny fiberglass finish that was very hard. The new boats are softer and rough - the remind me of Little Tykes kids toys. The seats in the mobile theater used to be like fiberglass. They appear to be made in several sections - a few parts to the back, and then a liner that extends from the top on the back to just behind your knees. This liner has been replaced by the same "Little Tykes" plastic, and it appears to be new.

From what I recall, yes.

On the left, the door was initially down. On the right, all you could see was black soundproofing. But the curtains were symmetric.
You, sir, know your EPCOT.:D

Thank you for all these great reports!:wave:

Foolish1

Great to hear the fog is working! :sohappy:

The UoE is starting to become my next 180top :D :eek:

I first went on it toward the end of 1996 after the Ellen Refurb, and while I was young, I still found it fun and interesting....especially the traveling theater concept.

I rode the UoE in 2004, and then in 2007, but the ride was looking dated and pretty tired and I haven't been on it since.

My interest came about after they repainted it to resemble pretty much its original color scheme, and then to hear that the fog is back and there is a swamp/must smell back is very good news to me. These were critical parts of the show that had been gone for quite some time.

Atleast the lava is there, too bad it hasn't worked...probably since 1996.

Also, Disney uses alot of film projectors....would it be that much of a bother to convert the films (the original copies are all filed away) and then use them in a digital projector. I'm suripised something like Soarin' didn't use a digital projector.

Converting Soarin' to digital would be sacriligious! Digital is only about 1/2-1/3 the resolution that Soarin's IMAX projector can convey. Why go backwards in quality?

Rob562

Now that I didn't know...Is it possible to make a larger IMAX?

I'd say that a digital Omnimax is 5 or more years away. As of 12-18 months ago (I'd have to go back and look to find out when), the commercial digital projectors used in most movie theaters with digital projectors were only about 1/6 of the resolution of a frame of IMAX film. They do have relatively new digital IMAX projectors, but they're for small flat-screen theaters and operate at a lower resolution than typical IMAX film. The lens of the Omnimax projector spreads out the image and would make pixels noticable at the sides.

In addition to projector resolution and brightness issues, there's also processor and transfer-rate issues to overcome. It's a much larger image, and it runs at 48 frames per second, whereas most other films run at 24fps.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom