Universe of Energy being unrepainted!

SirNim

That is amazing.:D:lol:

Thanks Steve!

Interesting...Now the sign colors do not match. THink they will re-do that too?
I liked the original sign, with its World·Boldy goodness and its prismatic form. But I do like the new sign too, because it is a neat futuristic design, and the orb suspended on the spire, like an olive pierced by a toothpick in a martini, does an admirable job of catching the intensity of the sun's rays and reflecting them out dramatically, yet harmlessly, to the guests walking past beneath. Whatever they want to do with the sign is fine...whether leaving it as is to add some colorful contrast, perhaps painting the orb to match the fiery coloration on the building, or replacing it entirely (which I doubt would occur)...

EPCOT Explorer

I liked the original sign, with its World·Boldy goodness and its prismatic form. But I do like the new sign too, because it is a neat futuristic design, and the orb suspended on the spire, like an olive pierced by a toothpick in a martini, does an admirable job of catching the intensity of the sun's rays and reflecting them out dramatically, yet harmlessly, to the guests walking past beneath. Whatever they want to do with the sign is fine...whether leaving it as is to add some colorful contrast, perhaps painting the orb to match the fiery coloration on the building, or replacing it entirely (which I doubt would occur)...

It would be easy to re-letter it red...The orb might prove difficult to change out though.

I also like this sign...It's very Trylon-esque. Especially when lined up with SSE;)

SirNim

It would be easy to re-letter it red...The orb might prove difficult to change out though.

I also like this sign...It's very Trylon-esque. Especially when lined up with SSE;)
It almost seems as though the sign (minus the legend "UNIVERSE OF ENERGY") were on the drawing board as the replacement Spaceship Earth main entrance fountain sculpture... And then, someone realized that installing a new sculpture would prevent that fountain from being used as a stage for Flower and Garden Festival topiaries, so the design was repurposed for northeasternmost pavilion in the park.

EPCOT Explorer

It almost seems as though the sign (minus the legend "UNIVERSE OF ENERGY") were on the drawing board as the replacement Spaceship Earth main entrance fountain sculpture... And then, someone realized that installing a new sculpture would prevent that fountain from being used as a stage for Flower and Garden Festival topiaries, so the design was repurposed for northeasternmost pavilion in the park.

:lol::lol:

I could see that. And I would LOVE a statue like that for that fountain...Little logos on the sides and all.

Does the fountain really have topiaries on it right now? I hadn't seen.

Jasonflz

:eek:
That is so surreal! It is like someone went back in time to get a photo of the old Universe Of Energy. I am pretty excited to see how Disney will update the sign.

muteki

I like the sign. Colors could be changed to bring back the "warm" scheme, but the spire is cool. It's very 1939 New York Worlds Fair.

jt04

I don't think the sign needs to be changed at all. The blue represents ocean and wind energy in my mind. Seems fine the way it is I think.

They definitely need a non-character sculpture for the fountain in front of SSE for sure. I've always thought a smaller version of the topospheric globe at TDS would look nice. Although instead tilted on it's axis and rotating.

It would tie SSE, the post show for SSE and the World Showcase concepts together.

Just two cents. :)

GothMickey

I like the repaint job. I like it a lot. Now, let's tackle some of the other mistakes made in Epcot, then and only then can we say Epcot is returning to its original glory!!!!

raven

:lol:

I usually don't have a craving :)lookaroun:lol:) for UoE of all things, but today, I would LOVE to be there. Must be all the news we are getting.:lol:

Just remember that this was only a cosmetic rehab (paint, carpet, updated ride system technology). So don't expect anything to look different other than the paint outside. I'm sure it will re-open with all the usual fanfair...about 40 guests that have nothing better to do. :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Just remember that this was only a cosmetic rehab (paint, carpet, updated ride system technology). So don't expect anything to look different other than the paint outside. I'm sure it will re-open with all the usual fanfair...about 40 guests that have nothing better to do. :lol:

Right, right...And hopefully the curtains too!:D

aaronml

UoE

How are we sure that this is only a cosmetic rehab? After all, the colors were redone to rainbow when Ellen moved in. The changing of the colors may signify something else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom