Universal Officially Announces Springfield

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not fond of the drink cup, as it doesnt seal. cost wise though, it is a good deal (though they have two types...the red one in the restaurants is a good deal and is good for the length of your stay...the other one is not.)

The popcorn bucket is well worth it though!

Even tho the regular cup was only supposed to be good for a day... I had no problem using it for our length of stay. But YMMV

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Even tho the regular cup was only supposed to be good for a day... I had no problem using it for our length of stay. But YMMV
Yeah, I pondered about that on my last trip. No idea how they prevent people from buying the cup and using it over and over again, beyond one day.

I suspect the real answer is...they don't care if people do it! (Grin)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yeah, I pondered about that on my last trip. No idea how they prevent people from buying the cup and using it over and over again, beyond one day.

I suspect the real answer is...they don't care if people do it! (Grin)

They use a sticker system.. but apparently it wasn't bothered with on our trip. But this was 2 years ago now. We don't plan on hitting UNI after our DCL trip this fall.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
They use a sticker system.. but apparently it wasn't bothered with on our trip. But this was 2 years ago now. We don't plan on hitting UNI after our DCL trip this fall.
Interesting. Last year there were no stickers on the cup (I bought the one day version on our first day, and only used it that day...as I said, it didn't seal so it was frankly a hassle to carry around). Perhaps they have just given up on enforcement completely?

71jason

Chicken and Waffles you say? Be still my beating southern heart (and I don't mean from clogged arteries!)...

With maple mayo.

I currently have 10 days planned at WDW after our DCL cruise, and I'm considering strongly to slice off 4 of those days and hop back to a Universal resort to spend some time over there.

With 10 days, I think it's a no-brainer. So much new to do at Universal, all of it high-quality. Every since Potter opened, they've had the golden touch.

OFTeric

806_10151449432509205_1785314650_n.jpg

Cannot Express how incredible the Flaming Moes is.

ThemeParks4Life

I had a good meal last night with my Chicken and Waffle sandwich, but the waffles were cold. Next time I'll just get the Chicken Platter and a Flaming Moe :)

Disneyhead'71

A Flaming Moe is a non-alcoholic energy drink that tastes similar to Orange Gatorade. And yes, you get to keep the glass (which is plastic).

awoogala

Stopped by today. Moes is amazing--literally a reproduction of the cartoon, down to pennants on the wall and the pool table (which has acrylic over the top and is actually additional seating for the restaurant).

. Oh, and FFB has custom "Springfield USA" napkins. You can't tell me no one in Universal Creative reads these boards.

....CUSTOM NAPKINS???
The board just broke.
:D

misterID

A Flaming Moe is a non-alcoholic energy drink that tastes similar to Orange Gatorade. And yes, you get to keep the glass (which is plastic).

I've heard The Flaming Moe described as Orange Soda mixed with Orange cough syrup (a real ingredient for the real flaming moe!) and now orange gatorade.

These are not good things! My interest in a FM has now vanished. :confused:

afar28

Does anyone know when the rest of Springfield will open up? I'm looking forward to seeing the new ride open.

71jason

Does anyone know when the rest of Springfield will open up? I'm looking forward to seeing the new ride open.

Ride was walled off but definitely running yesterday. Moes staff suggested Duff Gardens should be open in a week or two, I imagine the ride will open at the same time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom