Universal Officially Announces Springfield

cbconglom

Fast Food Blvd in Springfield, it will have sandwiches, salads, and fruits. It will be Lisa's line as well.

Thanks so much!!!
I was hoping you'd say 100% organic vegan options, but being this is a theme park, I'll take what I can get, as it's hard enough just finding gluten free vegan options

71jason

Stopped by today. Moes is amazing--literally a reproduction of the cartoon, down to pennants on the wall and the pool table (which has acrylic over the top and is actually additional seating for the restaurant).

Three in-house beers. Duff = Yingling type beer, a little hoppier than Bud, but still fairly light, very drinkable. Duff Light = Old Milwaukee or Keystone Light, ugh, but I guess correct in-universe. Duff Dry is very hoppy, like something you'd expect in a Sam Adams specialty brew.

The (nonalcoholic) Flaming Moe is brilliant. Like orange soda mixed with orange cough syrup, very sweet. Sort of like Tango, for our UK friends (assuming that's even still around). Smokes and fizzes the entire time. Served in a souvenier cup. I see these things selling like Butterbeer--even without passion fruit foam on top.

RE: Fast Food Blvd., as apparently Universal is calling it. Cletus' Chicken & Waffle sandwich is amazing. Krusty Burger was very good as in-park fast food goes, but still nowhere near Finns/Margaritaville/NBA City. Line bunches up at those two kiosks, Luigi's Pizza and Frying Dutchman seemed empty. Not an issue today with light crowd, but could prove a problem come Summer--Krusty maybe should have been a stand-alone venue. Theming is fine--particularly the uniforms--but nowhere near Moes, which is a work of theme park art. Most themed bar I've seen since PI closed. Overall, a win for Universal, even if it's not supported by Blue Ocean Theory or whatever Bob Iger is into these days.

ETA--Buzz Cola is basically just Diet Cherry Coke, but at least it responds to complaints I've seen that there's no sugar-free Butterbeer option. Oh, and FFB has custom "Springfield USA" napkins. You can't tell me no one in Universal Creative reads these boards.

djlaosc

The (nonalcoholic) Flaming Moe is brilliant. Like orange soda mixed with orange cough syrup, very sweet. Sort of like Tango, for our UK friends (assuming that's even still around). Smokes and fizzes the entire time. Served in a souvenier cup. I see these things selling like Butterbeer--even without passion fruit foam on top.

Yes, Tango is still around.

djlaosc

Been over 15 years, but I still remember its odd flavor. Nothing to really compare it to here in the States (until now at least).

Comes in multiple flavours now (Orange, Apple, Cherry and Blackcurrant) as well as chew bars and chocolate bars.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm eating in here right now eating some chicken, everyone seems to love the drinks and I like the interior decor.

Bah, that's nothing. I have a magicband!

<holds wrist up so everyone can see>

Seriously though, very cool to hear positive reviews coming in about the place. I'm seriously considering dropping a few days at Disney and going back to Universal this coming trip. I need to make a decision soon!

HTF

Bah, that's nothing. I have a magicband!

<holds wrist up so everyone can see>

Seriously though, very cool to hear positive reviews coming in about the place. I'm seriously considering dropping a few days at Disney and going back to Universal this coming trip. I need to make a decision soon!

How is this even a decision, I just had a Duff Beer while choking down a Chicken and Waffle sandwich on my way to Transformers.Please choose wisely, same stale thing or new hotness;)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
How is this even a decision, I just had a Duff Beer while choking down a Chicken and Waffle sandwich on my way to Transformers.Please choose wisely, same stale thing or new hotness;)

Chicken and Waffles you say? Be still my beating southern heart (and I don't mean from clogged arteries!)...

I currently have 10 days planned at WDW after our DCL cruise, and I'm considering strongly to slice off 4 of those days and hop back to a Universal resort to spend some time over there. Especially with all the new things they've dropped in in less than a year to see and do. We did 3 days there last year, and even with unlimited express passes, I didn't feel we really did the place full justice (also, the kid was too short for many of the rides, which is not an issue this year as she grew like a sprout).

FigmentJedi

Stopped by today. Moes is amazing--literally a reproduction of the cartoon, down to pennants on the wall and the pool table (which has acrylic over the top and is actually additional seating for the restaurant).

Only downside I appear to see from the coverage is no sign of Mount Lushmore.

tumblr_m3nxc3TOUW1rv2j8no1_500.jpg

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Here is the Lisa' Tea house of Horror Menu - It'a all grab and go

Cesar Salad – entree 6.79 / side 3.69 – Fresh cut romaine lettuce with Parmesan cheese, homemade Cesar dressing and crunchy croutons
Mediterranean Salad – 8.99 – Marinated tuna, diced feta, calamata olives, sliced red & green bell peppers and tomato wedges, served on a bed of fresh cut romaine lettuce with homemade Greek Vinaigrette dressing.
Caprese Salad – 9.99 – Sliced tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella served over a bed of fresh cut romaine lettuce with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Veggie Sandwich – 8.99 – Guacamole, sprouts, cucumber, lettuce and tomato served on a freshly made oat roll..
Turkey Wrap – 8.99 -Sliced smoked turkey, Monterrey jack cheese, lettuce and tomato served in a spinach wrap.
Hummus – 7.29 – Homemade hummus served with assorted vegetables and pita bread.
Fruit Plate – 5.99 – Fresh cut pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, orange and grapefruit
Fruit Cup – 3.39 – Fresh cut watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew.
Assorted Yogurts – 3.49
Cupcakes 1 @ 1.99 / 4 @ 5.99

englanddg

One Little Spark...

Cesar Salad – entree 6.79 / side 3.69 – Fresh cut romaine lettuce with Parmesan cheese, homemade Cesar dressing and crunchy croutons
Mediterranean Salad – 8.99 – Marinated tuna, diced feta, calamata olives, sliced red & green bell peppers and tomato wedges, served on a bed of fresh cut romaine lettuce with homemade Greek Vinaigrette dressing.
Caprese Salad – 9.99 – Sliced tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella served over a bed of fresh cut romaine lettuce with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Veggie Sandwich – 8.99 – Guacamole, sprouts, cucumber, lettuce and tomato served on a freshly made oat roll..
Turkey Wrap – 8.99 -Sliced smoked turkey, Monterrey jack cheese, lettuce and tomato served in a spinach wrap.
Fruit Plate – 5.99 – Fresh cut pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, orange and grapefruit
Assorted Yogurts – 3.49

That looks pretty good. Is that place on the Universal Dining Plan?

cbconglom

Assorted Yogurts – 3.49

Yeah the black bean burger and some of the above is all I'd eat. Thanks for posting!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The 'Meal Deal'
https://www.universalorlando.com/Restaurants/Meal-Deal-Information.aspx

It's not quite the same model as DDP - and generally not as popular due to the limited # of participating locations. Basically just the 'park food' type places. But the drink refill cup is a good deal :)
Not fond of the drink cup, as it doesnt seal. cost wise though, it is a good deal (though they have two types...the red one in the restaurants is a good deal and is good for the length of your stay...the other one is not.)

The popcorn bucket is well worth it though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom