Universal Officially Announces Springfield

Fairybuzz

What roller coaster can jump off its tracks?

Leap the Gaps back in the 1900s of course :p lol

Idk I just think its an overused idea, like elvira's whatever nightmare thingy, hyperspace mountain, that 3-d movie about the guy with the guitar who sells his soul or whatever in that haunted house (idr what it was called, It was at the mall near my house).

Tom Morrow

Um, only the first few moments of The Simpsons Ride take place on a roller coaster. That's the premise of being in the ride vehicle, you're forced onto it by Sideshow Bob. The rest of the ride is the roller coaster car being taken all over the place. Its ridiculous to simply the ride as a "roller coaster simulator".

Fairybuzz

Um, only the first few moments of The Simpsons Ride take place on a roller coaster. That's the premise of being in the ride vehicle, you're forced onto it by Sideshow Bob. The rest of the ride is the roller coaster car being taken all over the place. Its ridiculous to simply the ride as a "roller coaster simulator".

The other rides I mentioned are kinda like that too they bounce around from ride to ride. Only hypserspace mt. isnt. But I don't really think its the worst ride ever. There are far worse rides than the simpsons ride. I guess its just ok to me.

71jason

Random update ... Duff Gardens now has a very limited selection of liquor (think HHN bar--but with Captain), that is only for sale from 7 pm to close.

HTF

Took it for spin today and thought it was a well themed kiddie ride but also just a spinner. Brings a lot of kinetic energy and life to the area as well which was nice. Wait topped out at 25-30 mins for it.

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg

djlaosc

Took it for spin today and thought it was a well themed kiddie ride but also just a spinner. Brings a lot of kinetic energy and life to the area as well which was nice. Wait topped out at 25-30 mins for it.

So, it's basically Dumbo with spaceships instead of elephants?

It would have been better if it was an Octopus Ride - that would have made more sense with "Twirl 'n' Hurl", but they probably thought that it would have been too extreme for the kids...

Fairybuzz

Sadly, I don't think theme park liquor licenses (yeah, that's a thing) cover package sales. Plus no glass in the park, so you couldn't walk out with it.
Yeah I figured, I just wanted to dream a bit. I love collecting random beer like that and local brews are usually awesome.

Tom Morrow

Twirl and Hurl ride-through:

I'm guessing you move your spaceship to the level of the targets to "shoot" them. Not super innovative but better than nothing.

Oh and I've decided my biggest complaint about Springfield is that the clip reels from the TV show they have playing are all too short. If you sit down near any of them you will hear the whole thing repeat several times. The Simpsons have over 500 episodes to obtain clips from, they must be able to make them a little longer at least.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom