Universal Officially Announces Springfield

71jason

Looked very basic, with flying saucers going around Kodos' head. Cute kids ride, gives the area some kinetic excitement--solid C-ticket.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I was hoping for something a little more since it's called Twirl and Hurl - I was hoping the little space ship also spun. It looks cute in the pictures and it's great to add something even babies can ride.

Fairybuzz

Disney has lost my age bracket (16-24), with most if not all of my peers spending more time at Universal than Disney.

I say it all the time disney is kinda going towards 12 yo boys in places like Epcot that used to involve the whole family.

However I never really liked the simpsons, I found it to be really predictable humor, I found their movie to be very unwatchable, and I still wont forgive them for taking over the back to the future ride.

I have to say I'm not a huge fan of both Disney and Universal stuffing in unrelated franchises. I put up with the Disney ones because I adore avatar and star wars (Im a huge sci fi fan, which I think Horizons for as well :D ) But unless your a Simpsons fan, I don't really see the value in this part of the park. I may grab a Duff Beer just as a beer fan, but thats about it.

But to me its like what? ya run outta source material already? I like universal parks and all but they keep releasing things I don't care about recently (yes I'm selfish deal with it lol). But hey If it was up to me you'd see a Fear and Loathing land so be glad its not.

That Being said, I could say that I wouldn't let my kids watch the Simpsons (or fear and loathing lol), well If I had any :(, so I see this park doing the same as Epcot, focusing a lot on dividing the family, not an all encompasing experience. For that I could go to Six Flags Great Adventure and save the trip down. Just my opinion though, its not a HUGE deal but hey if I didn't voice options why join a forums lol.

HTF

I say it all the time disney is kinda going towards 12 yo boys in places like Epcot that used to involve the whole family.

However I never really liked the simpsons, I found it to be really predictable humor, I found their movie to be very unwatchable, and I still wont forgive them for taking over the back to the future ride.

I have to say I'm not a huge fan of both Disney and Universal stuffing in unrelated franchises. I put up with the Disney ones because I adore avatar and star wars (Im a huge sci fi fan, which I think Horizons for as well :D ) But unless your a Simpsons fan, I don't really see the value in this part of the park. I may grab a Duff Beer just as a beer fan, but thats about it.

But to me its like what? ya run outta source material already? I like universal parks and all but they keep releasing things I don't care about recently (yes I'm selfish deal with it lol). But hey If it was up to me you'd see a Fear and Loathing land so be glad its not.

That Being said, I could say that I wouldn't let my kids watch the Simpsons (or fear and loathing lol), well If I had any :(, so I see this park doing the same as Epcot, focusing a lot on dividing the family, not an all encompasing experience. For that I could go to Six Flags Great Adventure and save the trip down. Just my opinion though, its not a HUGE deal but hey if I didn't voice options why join a forums lol.

Did you see what this part of the park looked like before, it brings incredible value and huge profit dollar opportunities to a once deserted section of the park. Homer and Bart Simpson are two of the most recognizable characters on the planet, and not to mention they have millions upon millions of fans. You don't have to be a fan to eat a Krustyburger or buy a cool Simpsons souvenir cup. This area is going to be a huge success for Universal and its profit margins. Not to mention it was done on a modest budget, roughly the same Disney spent on Animal Kingdoms new Bus Stops, and it will keep guests in the park longer adding to guest spending figures.

Also as far as outsourcing is concerned I'm totally cool with that, as are all the guests that contribute to the largest increases in theme park attendance history cough Mr Potter... And didn't Disney run out of ideas years ago too? Seems like I remember them buying Studios like Pixar, Marvel, and Lucasfilm for new exciting ideas. Well no matter I guess I'll go check out Universal with its 3 new Etickets and two new lands before I head out to Disney to ride Uhhhh that new Glow in the Dark Test Track, or maybe I'll wait in hopes of a new attraction soon. It's only been close to a decade in several of the Orlando parks...

Fairybuzz

Did you see what this part of the park looked like before, it brings incredible value and huge profit dollar opportunities to a once deserted section of the park. Homer and Bart Simpson are two of the most recognizable characters on the planet, and not to mention they have millions upon millions of fans. You don't have to be a fan to eat a Krustyburger or buy a cool Simpsons souvenir cup. This area is going to be a huge success for Universal and its profit margins. Not to mention it was done on a modest budget, roughly the same Disney spent on Animal Kingdoms new Bus Stops, and it will keep guests in the park longer adding to guest spending figures.

Also as far as outsourcing is concerned I'm totally cool with that, as are all the guests that contribute to the largest increases in theme park attendance history cough Mr Potter... And didn't Disney run out of ideas years ago too? Seems like I remember them buying Studios like Pixar, Marvel, and Lucasfilm for new exciting ideas. Well no matter I guess I'll go check out Universal with its 3 new Etickets and two new lands before I head out to Disney to ride Uhhhh that new Glow in the Dark Test Track, or maybe I'll wait in hopes of a new attraction soon. It's only been close to a decade in several of the Orlando parks...

Oh no there is no doubt that it will be popular but whats popular and my opinion don't always get along.

In my post I mentioned that I'm not always a fan of when disney does this either. In fact It was equally critical of both dis and uni's current practices. The saving grace for me personally is that while disney adds in things I enjoy like star wars Avatar Muppets etc, while Universal only seems to have added one thing I enjoy (harry Potter). My post is unashamed of being self serving lol.

I never really liked adult cartoons, I find the humor mean, sometimes degrading to women, and obvious. I can't laugh at jokes where someone dies or gets raped because I think thats Horrible! and I wouldnt take my little five year old sister on rides based on one of those shows, she doesn't need to get into a show that mentions prostitution at her age. (I'm pretty much responsible for her at this time for reasons I don't want to talk about). I wouldn't bring her to the halloween thing either (with shows featuring bondage, chuckie cursing in a preshow etc). I will however take her to the harry potter area (I haven't been yet at least since it opened). Like I said its totally my opinion, and I really don't like the idea they came up with simpsons ride because its just one of those imitation rollercoaster films instead of a real simulator its pretty much a simulator for no reason when they could have just made a coaster.

I'm just new to the world where rides are built based on things I don't like lol. If I made my own park I'd stuff it full of princesses, star trek, and lord of the rings stuff but I know that combo won't happen....ever. lol.

But its simple enough I just won't go there. If I prefer to go to the Twilight Zone, Tattoine, Pandora, and Radiator Springs instead thats my business. :)

BryceM

But its simple enough I just won't go there. If I prefer to go to the Twilight Zone, Tattoine, Pandora, and Radiator Springs instead thats my business. :)
Do other lands at Universal interest you? Such as Jurassic Park, Seuss Landing, Marvel Super Hero Island and Toon Lagoon? Or even the non-IP based lands such as Port of Entry, The Lost Continent, New York, San Francisco, Hollywood, etc.?

Just wondering!

Fairybuzz

Do other lands at Universal interest you? Such as Jurassic Park, Seuss Landing, Marvel Super Hero Island and Toon Lagoon? Or even the non-IP based lands such as Port of Entry, The Lost Continent, New York, San Francisco, Hollywood, etc.?

Just wondering!

Oh I meant not going to that section of the park! Sorry about that. The other stuff is ok with me. (preemptively) Jurassic park was meant to be a scary movie, and there is a bit of blood and gore but its done tastefully, and not really mean spiritedly.Like I said I like universal studios. I dont do the whole Uni vs WDW thing, the same way I don't do Star trek vs star wars. Its stupid to polarize your interests just to argue more. (not saying you do that Im only saying I don't. lol)

Im only saying simpsons: not for me. not my cup of tea. or south park or adult swim stuff. just got a lot of fart humor and stuff I don't find funny. If you like it thats ok with me! Its not that I don't like raunchy humor (I said I liked Fear and Loathing after all lol) I just think these shows do it meanly and with hostility. Although if I see one ride like "shoot the hooker" or anything like that that would be it for me going back to the park. lol but I dont see that happening.

lazyboy97o

I never really liked adult cartoons, I find the humor mean, sometimes degrading to women, and obvious. I can't laugh at jokes where someone dies or gets raped because I think thats Horrible! and I wouldnt take my little five year old sister on rides based on one of those shows, she doesn't need to get into a show that mentions prostitution at her age.
I don't think you've ever actually watched The Simpsons.

BryceM

No doubt about that. The Simpsons is a show which is purely satirical. They "make fun" of American culture and society. Krusty Burger is a perfect example of this; a satirical twist on the image that a fast food restaurant holds. I've never seen a rape scene on The Simpsons, so I don't know where these claims are coming from.

Fairybuzz

I have 3 times. I saw the movie too. Just beacuse something's popular doesn't mean I have to like it. I watched it once and they were talking about someones mom being a hooker and I turned it off. I watched another one about being drunk on saint patricks day and some kind of prohibition. And I saw one about Ice skating. I saw more here and there but not enough of those episodes to give a good description. I also saw the movie where they put a dome over the town and I thought it was a snoozefest.

Fairybuzz

someone might want to break it to @Fairybuzz that not all cartoons are aimed at children...
*sigh* I get it ok! relax! I'm sorry I insulted the holy grail of cartoons lol. *hides behind hair*

All I'm saying Is I won't take my little sister to that part of the park. Easy peasy! She is a kid she doesnt have to get into a show thats geared towards adults and deals with adult issues yet.

I'm not saying They shouldn't put it in I only mean that I'm disappointed that they did. Just personanlly I don't want to take it away from other people.

I prefer Futurama to the simpsons and thats written by the same people. I don't know what It is I just never was interested in the simpsons the characters bug me and the yellow skin bugs me and maybe I'll give it another go sometime but as of now I'm just not that into it. I don't have to like everything that everyone else likes.

I won't take my sister there just because she's five. (I'm responsible for her for now). I wouldn't take her to a futurama themed area either even though I love that show (leela is awesome! plus I'm a trekkie). I'm just doubly disappointed that A: Its based on something I don't care for and B: I can't take my sis there. Thats not to say I won't go in there and grab a duff or a krusty burger or something, I'm a sucker for specialized beer, but Just some time that I'm not with her, maybe my gf will take her somewhere.

Fairybuzz

No doubt about that. The Simpsons is a show which is purely satirical. They "make fun" of American culture and society. Krusty Burger is a perfect example of this; a satirical twist on the image that a fast food restaurant holds. I've never seen a rape scene on The Simpsons, so I don't know where these claims are coming from.

I apologize I was mixing it up with Family guy :(

maxairmike

I was going to say, I'm hardly a fan of the Simpsons, but its a fairly tame and "true" satire compared to shows like Family Guy. However, I love the land at USF because it is looking so well done and the food is rather delicious. Not liking the show is no reason to skip out on the food especially. Those mini cupcakes...yum!

Fairybuzz

I was going to say, I'm hardly a fan of the Simpsons, but its a fairly tame and "true" satire compared to shows like Family Guy. However, I love the land at USF because it is looking so well done and the food is rather delicious. Not liking the show is no reason to skip out on the food especially. Those mini cupcakes...yum!

I hear that. I won't ride the simulator because it makes me mad that they replaced A ride based on one of my fav movies, and frankly if your not into the simpsons, the ride doesn't hold its on, its like going on the fake rollercaoster simulator in chuck e cheese. but the food, anyone can enjoy a good treat.

Yeah I guess family guy copied them so much I got them crossed up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom