Universal Officially Announces Springfield

lazyboy97o

Disney has lost my age bracket (16-24), with most if not all of my peers spending more time at Universal than Disney.
Not an age bracket known for their high spending. Its also one deemed undesirable by many guests. Maybe this group will return in the future, but will they with little kids? When they're older? Universal needs to follow up their momentum with more of these smaller, interstitial experiences but they also need to watch accessibility so that younger and older guests can experience a full day's worth of rides.

TarzanRocked99-

Not an age bracket known for their high spending. Its also one deemed undesirable by many guests. Maybe this group will return in the future, but will they with little kids? When they're older? Universal needs to follow up their momentum with more of these smaller, interstitial experiences but they also need to watch accessibility so that younger and older guests can experience a full day's worth of rides.
Of this they are aware which is why you have seen a much more diverse array of attractions from them in the past couple years and that trend will continue. Parades, and night shows, and family friendly attractions. They have leadership that knows all the tricks to bring in a diverse attendance demographic.

lazyboy97o

Of this they are aware which is why you have seen a much more diverse array of attractions from them in the past couple years and that trend will continue. Parades, and night shows, and family friendly attractions. They have leadership that knows all the tricks to bring in a diverse attendance demographic.
So far it really has not been much. Parades and shows are a nice bonus, but they're not going to convince people to come. Those are icing, but the parks need more cake. It's also not just about knowing what attractions. The far bigger challenge is maintaining a leadership team that understands that not everything is going to bring massive growth. This is Disney's perpetual problem in many fields, they make some massive hit the new standard, deem almost everything that follows as a failure and then starts making cuts to generate "growth."

TarzanRocked99-

So far it really has not been much. Parades and shows are a nice bonus, but they're not going to convince people to come. Those are icing, but the parks need more cake. It's also not just about knowing what attractions. The far bigger challenge is maintaining a leadership team that understands that not everything is going to bring massive growth. This is Disney's perpetual problem in many fields, they make some massive hit the new standard, deem almost everything that follows as a failure and then starts making cuts to generate "growth."
All very true but Stephen has been in this game before, and Mark is a fantastic creative. I have faith in the direction they are headed and applaud them for it.

the.dreamfinder

966640_10151462094232852_1376190600_o.jpg

WadesWorld25

Im just saying that if they never did Springfield/Simpsons and kept BTTF I could have seen:

BTTF Part I: a clock Tower facade and

BTTF Part II: Cafe '80s, A futuristic and exclusive Pepsi drink and pizza hut pizza, and Hoverboards! A store to buy the official hat, jacket, and nike shoes

BTTF Part III - Maybe something with the Train other than just a copy of it.

Tim_4

Why are you even in this part of the forum? You claim to like Universal but the only thing you've written thus far in the thread is how "Disney trumps Universal blah blah blah." It's amusing in a really really pathetic way. And all I does it make me question any information you put forth on this forum. And attendance may be up but it's pretty slight. I'd call it fairly flat. Sorry but 1% growth isn't impressive.
See now @RyenDeckard and I were having polite disagreement and you had to jump in the gutter and call me "really, really pathetic." But I'm the one whose credibility is called into question?

You can't just make up a number like "1% growth" and then say it isn't impressive. If you KNEW it to be 1%, that's another thing, but you're really just commenting on your own speculation, not facts.

bubbles1812

See now @RyenDeckard and I were having polite disagreement and you had to jump in the gutter and call me "really, really pathetic." But I'm the one whose credibility is called into question?

You can't just make up a number like "1% growth" and then say it isn't impressive. If you KNEW it to be 1%, that's another thing, but you're really just commenting on your own speculation, not facts.
I never said you were pathetic. Though coming into the Universal forum to again say "Disney is awesome. Universal sucks" ect is. You are a broken record.

And need I remind you that the majority of the info you put forth in the forums including what you said in this thread is unsourced? And is really just speculation as well? You haven't established any credibility. Maybe you will but not yet.

fbp

Im just saying that if they never did Springfield/Simpsons and kept BTTF I could have seen:

BTTF Part I: a clock Tower facade and

BTTF Part II: Cafe '80s, A futuristic and exclusive Pepsi drink and pizza hut pizza, and Hoverboards! A store to buy the official hat, jacket, and nike shoes

BTTF Part III - Maybe something with the Train other than just a copy of it.

Yeah but The Simpsons has legions of folks who are massive fans and are probably just hitting/in the middle of their 'money/family' years.

Tim_4

I never said you were pathetic. Though coming into the Universal forum to again say "Disney is awesome. Universal sucks" ect is. You are a broken record.

And need I remind you that the majority of the info you put forth in the forums including what you said in this thread is unsourced? And is really just speculation as well? You haven't established any credibility. Maybe you will but not yet.
Read the Avatar news thread. Lee, articos, and other established insiders have acknowledged that I know what I'm talking about. Before I started talking Avatar, the consensus was that it was cancelled or greatly reduced. I gave evidence to the contrary and my evidence was backed up by others who acknowledged that their information was outdated.

Edit: I didn't come here to say Universal sucks and Disney is awesome. My original post was basically "they're both growing, but Uni is growing faster."

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Sorry BTTF is passé unless you are fairly old. You do realize the date Marty went to in the future has already happen??? I'm not sure any one under 40 has actually seen BTTF???? I remember BTTF but I also remember Disco.....

He went to 2015. So only 3 more years until my hover-board right?;)

I do agree that The Simpsons since it is still on the air and has been for over 20 years has a bigger fan base. The first kids that grew up watching the Simpsons and wore the "Eat My Shorts" and "Cowbunga" T-shirts to school are now in their 30s.

Genie of the Lamp

The thing that gets me is THIS summer...as in 2013.

Not a new bathroom and vague rumors of 2015.

I have money I'm spending in Orlando THIS year...and Universal just snagged my attention at a point where I can still modify my vacation plans.

That got to me as well. I was expecting it would open next summer. But they are building a a rapid pace. I mean, I figured it would've been a phased opening with the majority shops/restaurants opening first and the spinner opening last since it seems not as much progress has been made on that as opposed to other areas of this land. Overall, looks very enticing.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
That got to me as well. I was expecting it would open next summer. But they are building a a rapid pace. I mean, I figured it would've been a phased opening with the majority shops/restaurants opening first and the spinner opening last since it seems not as much progress has been made on that as opposed to other areas of this land. Overall, looks very enticing.

If the spinner is being built off site it's just a matter of bringing it in a butting it together. Carnivals do it all the time. Granted this will be a well decorated spinner.

Thrill Seeker

Sorry BTTF is passé unless you are fairly old. You do realize the date Marty went to in the future has already happen??? I'm not sure any one under 40 has actually seen BTTF???? I remember BTTF but I also remember Disco.....

It hasn't. That would be in 2015... Secondly, BTTF is still extremely popular and has a very strong fanbase. A BTTF Land would have been awesome...

Back to Springfield... I'm not a Simpsons fan, but this excites me because it's another immersive land to explore at Universal. I'm glad this is becoming a trend in the industry... Hopefully Disney will take note and work on more lands like this, or at least update existing ones...

With Springfield and Transformers opening this summer and Harry Potter Diagon Alley next year, I could easily see USF jumping into the Top 10 for global theme park attendance and quite possibly overtake some of Disney's weaker parks...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom