Universal Officially Announces Springfield

RSoxNo1

Im just saying that if they never did Springfield/Simpsons and kept BTTF I could have seen:

BTTF Part I: a clock Tower facade and

BTTF Part II: Cafe '80s, A futuristic and exclusive Pepsi drink and pizza hut pizza, and Hoverboards! A store to buy the official hat, jacket, and nike shoes

BTTF Part III - Maybe something with the Train other than just a copy of it.
Back to the Future is probably the greatest popcorn movie of all time, yet The Simpsons are more relevant at this point. While I would love a Back to the Future Area, The Simpsons area also interests me, and has more modern appeal.

RSoxNo1

Sorry BTTF is passé unless you are fairly old. You do realize the date Marty went to in the future has already happen??? I'm not sure any one under 40 has actually seen BTTF???? I remember BTTF but I also remember Disco.....
Nope. People come up with so much fake crap that Back to the Future 2 "predicted".

travellerman

Does anyone know if they've started building anything yet? I've not read much about dates or anything, just seen acouple articles about what it would be about with no dates mentioned. Jsut wondered if anyone knows if they've started building.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Does anyone know if they've started building anything yet? I've not read much about dates or anything, just seen acouple articles about what it would be about with no dates mentioned. Jsut wondered if anyone knows if they've started building.

They have been building for a few months now. On one of the other Simpson's threads they have been posting pictures of the progress.

bsiev1977

I love BTTF, but think the Simpsons is more popular these days, thus the reason they changed the ride in the first place.
Simpsons isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
The only way we will get new BTTF is if the studio decides to do a remake/reboot of some kind.

As a family we love Disney, been to Disneyland Paris and this year we are taking our 6 year old daughter to wdw in October. We are already saving for a return trip when she is 8-9 , before we wouldn't have considered Universal/IOA , but now we would def reserve at least 3 days of the trip for Universal. We are huge Harry Potter fans, Simpson fans, and we also love Jurassic park. With all the new additions IOA and Universal are catering to families of all ages now, more than ever before. Mainly because people my age, late 20s are passing down their love of films, tv, and books to their own children, and Universal has def picked up on some good story sagas to encourage the imagination, and family fun. I'm not putting Disney down at all, I have been to wdw,Dlrp ,seen many Disney on ice shows, and have read , watched just about every Disney product you can think of going. In fact I drive people crazy banging on about Disney all the time, however Universal has got it right. Building up new attractions, quickly, with extensive themed areas, and not in stages (fantasyland), fully completed. With additional E ticket rides, and impressive technology ( Transformers meet and greet). I think it wont touch the Magic Kingdom or Epcot, but Animal Kingdom and DHS could be in trouble. I still dont understand why it has taken so many years to build the snow white ride, dont get me wrong I cannot wait to ride it. I think Disney should concentrate on completeing Fantasyland quickly, and start construction on Cars land asap. They need to get things open for regular theme park goers , unlike myself who lives a million miles away. WDW dont need to compete on a major scale, but they do need to keep things exciting, introduce a new ride (not meet and greet) every 3 years ish. Its not really a disputable fact that Universal are upping the game, and will draw some crowds over, and away from WDW even if its for a couple of days instead of the odd one in the past. Also my Daughter is well under 40 as am I, and we both love love love BTTF.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom