Universal announces yet another major attraction, Disney taking a nap

Captain Chaos

I never said TDO has a master plan. I think they do have stuff they would like but WDW is not Glendale's (Iger/Lasseter) priority...........yet.

Bolded, underlined and italisized to make the point. :)

jt, you have said it before: TDO has a plan with PI, TDO has a plan with MK... I am not going to start going through post after post to find where you said it, but, you did...

And WDW is the vacation mecca of the world, or used to be... WDW should ALWAYS be a priority.. Even with them doing work to DL and DCA... people need incentive to go back... Pathetic dance-a-thons, celebrations that celebrate celebrations, and stale rides are not the answer... yet TDO seems to accept that it is... They need a major wake up call... I am praying Universal gives them a kick in their rear... We won't know how much of a hit Disney will take when HP opens, but, I am hoping they do... Maybe then, the "Disney Beast" will awaken...

CaptainMichael

I never said TDO has a master plan.

9284d1132784378t-orly-orly.jpg

jt04

jt, you have said it before: TDO has a plan with PI, TDO has a plan with MK... I am not going to start going through post after post to find where you said it, but, you did...

And WDW is the vacation mecca of the world, or used to be... WDW should ALWAYS be a priority.. Even with them doing work to DL and DCA... people need incentive to go back... Pathetic dance-a-thons, celebrations that celebrate celebrations, and stale rides are not the answer... yet TDO seems to accept that it is... They need a major wake up call... I am praying Universal gives them a kick in their rear... We won't know how much of a hit Disney will take when HP opens, but, I am hoping they do... Maybe then, the "Disney Beast" will awaken...

People have been joking I have a "master plan". I could put one together if they liked. Not holding my breath though.

TDO has little say. They lost a lot of their power in the reorganization. I said they have plans and I am certain they do. The "master plan" stuff was a jab at the AC folks. I realize it's tough to tell when I am being sarcastic. You are not the first to complain. It's best to take everything I write with a bit of good humor or you will remain confounded. It's by design.

As for the last part of your statement, WDW has tried to always stay in front of the Uni/SW/BG threat. I think it caused them to do some things they wished the hadn't. So I think now they have decided to take it slow and more deliberate. Leaner, meaner, and greener.

CaptainMichael

People have been joking I have a "master plan". I could put one together if they liked. Not holding my breath though.

TDO has little say. They lost a lot of their power in the reorganization. I said they have plans and I am certain they do. The "master plan" stuff was a jab at the AC folks. I realize it's tough to tell when I am being sarcastic. You are not the first to complain. It's best to take everything I write with a bit of good humor or you will remain confounded. It's by design.

As for the last part of your statement, WDW has tried to always stay in front of the Uni/SW/BG threat. I think it caused them to do some things they wished the hadn't. So I think now they have decided to take it slow and more deliberate. Leaner, meaner, and greener.
I have a new avatar for you:
crawfish-pacific.jpg

'74 was right...you do change your words around and backtrack.

A bit too much hoopla tonight?

Oh yeah.......um............scratch that.
Nah, I didn't drink a Hoopla tonight...wasn't in the mood:kiss:

:xmas:

jt04

I have a new avatar for you:
crawfish-pacific.jpg

'74 was right...you do change your words around and backtrack.

Nah, I didn't drink a Hoopla tonight...wasn't in the mood:kiss:

:xmas:

No I don't, you just can't keep up. Glad for you to multi-quote me so I can explain your confusion. But I suspect I'll be waiting and waiting and waiting.

By the way, TDO has drawer upon drawer filled with plans. It means little for the time being.

And what was that link you posted anyway?:shrug:

CaptainMichael

No I don't, you just can't keep up. Glad for you to multi-quote me so I can explain your confusion. But I suspect I'll be waiting and waiting and waiting.

By the way, TDO has drawer upon drawer filled with plans. It means little for the time being.

And what was that link you posted anyway?:shrug:

I keep up just fine thanks.

I didn't post a link. Keep up JT!

The Conundrum

I've always said Iger has chosen quality over quantity. Don't see the conflict you are suggesting. Please give me exact quotes before you make ridiculous accusations.

Oh yea Iger chooses quality over quantity. That would explain MILF and totally incomplete and half baked refurbs of Pirates, Space Mountain and SSE right? :rolleyes:

Come on dude stop pretending Iger or TDO has some grand vision for WDW. I wish corrus/tim g was here to set you right.

CaptainMichael

Oh yea Iger chooses quality over quantity. That would explain MILF and totally incomplete and half baked refurbs of Pirates, Space Mountain and SSE right? :rolleyes:

Come on dude stop pretending Iger or TDO has some grand vision for WDW. I wish corrus/tim g was here to set you right.

To be fair, Pirates was before Iger.

Hrudey3032

For someone who just joined and has never been a member of this forum under any other name....how would you know who Corrus is considering he hasn't even posted on this site since February and you joined in April and hasn't gone by the name Corrus for a lot longer?

Noticed he/she didn't address this at all.Kinda odd as they responded to everything else.

tomman710

We won't know how much of a hit Disney will take when HP opens, but, I am hoping they do... Maybe then, the "Disney Beast" will awaken...

I can answer this for you ... NONE.

HP is exactly why I let my annual pass expire ... there is alot of hoopla for a land with just a dark ride.

In any event even if it is some big game changer, which everything I have heard about it says it wont be, its one ride, there still isn't enough at IOA or US to dent Disney's numbers.

As a fan I am extremely bent Disney hasn't announced anything or is building anything to combat this but as businessman I agree with them 100%, I wouldn't be worried about HP, get through this downturn, bank some profits, and position yourself for a monster next few years.

jt04

To be fair, Pirates was before Iger.

As was the Laugh Floor. And the SSE refurb was pre-reorganization.

Face it, there is a new sheriff in town. And that town is Glendale. And that sheriff has the "grand vision."

The whole "TDO has a grand vision" was sarcasm. You need a sense of humor.

Jasonflz

As was the Laugh Floor. And the SSE refurb was pre-reorganization.

Face it, there is a new sheriff in town. And that town is Glendale. And that sheriff has the "grand vision."

The whole "TDO has a grand vision" was sarcasm. You need a sense of humor.

Exactly. Bob Iger is a trustworthy exec and hopefully a smart one. We still have yet to see something major pass through him though.

jt04

Exactly. Bob Iger is a trustworthy exec and hopefully a smart one. We still have yet to see something major pass through him though.

That is true at WDW.

Most of DCA is his especially Carsland. He made that announcement with great pride. I am so impressed with DCA, I will be traveling out there when Phase 1 is complete.

Captain Chaos

HP is exactly why I let my annual pass expire ... there is alot of hoopla for a land with just a dark ride.

In any event even if it is some big game changer, which everything I have heard about it says it wont be, its one ride, there still isn't enough at IOA or US to dent Disney's numbers.

As a fan I am extremely bent Disney hasn't announced anything or is building anything to combat this but as businessman I agree with them 100%, I wouldn't be worried about HP, get through this downturn, bank some profits, and position yourself for a monster next few years.

Like I said, we have to wait and see.. You are already assuming it won't have an affect, and it might now... I am not assuming it will have a drastic affect.. I am HOPING it does...

And you do realzie HP will be more than just one major thrill ride (better than anything Disney currently offers by the sounds of it)?

CaptainMichael

So let me get this straight, because Universal is building a highly immersive area with an innovative, ground-breaking dark ride, you decided not to renew your AP...seems like faulty logic:shrug:

Not to mention new additions like The Simpsons and Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit:confused:

That's surely your right to do so, but IMO, that's silly. It killed me not to renew my Universal AP because it would have only been a little over $100, but I don't live close enough for that to be even worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom