Universal announces yet another major attraction, Disney taking a nap

Captain Chaos

Sometimes you just have to let people fail on their own. Failure can teach the inexperienced better than success. Wave on maya. :ROFLOL:

I see... So, spend money, er, waste money on something that everyone already knows is going to be a failure... And cut a refurb of SM, that can be EXCELLENT if done fully... Makes awesome business sense to me... yep, iger is a genius..

jt04

I see... So, spend money, er, waste money on something that everyone already knows is going to be a failure... And cut a refurb of SM, that can be EXCELLENT if done fully... Makes awesome business sense to me... yep, iger is a genius..

You obviously have never worked above middle management.

jt04

Don't assume...

Then you should know that sometimes you have to let people fail. It's absolutely necessary sometimes. You must have missed that lesson in Business School. And how long have you had that PhD? Oh there I go again assuming.

The Conundrum

That is true at WDW.

Most of DCA is his especially Carsland. He made that announcement with great pride. I am so impressed with DCA, I will be traveling out there when Phase 1 is complete.

The DCA plans were pre-iger as well. He just happened to be CEO at the time of the announcement

There was no "reorganization" its the same bs it was before with upper management (rasolu), marketing, and accountants dictating what gets built and what doesn't to WDI.

SSE, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Pirates redo, MILF, and now Space Mountain all happened under Iger's WATCH. He has full authority to get involved and give WDI more leeway to imrpove the rides and he failed too. Your telling me he didn't sit through the presentations for the different Pirate proposals?? He could have easily said "Im in charge now, we are commited to quality, lets do the proper refurb of Pirates for MK."

The only people interested in top notch quality that are associated with Disney are Lasseter (stretched thin), Steve Jobs (sick), WDI (neutered), George Lucas (...) and OLC (Japan).

But as long as Iger keeps folks like Jay Rasolu, Al Weiss, Meg Crofton, Phil Holmes and Erin Wallace in leadership positions. Things will keep getting cut and the bare minimum will be done.

I'm sorry JT but that's just the way its going to be.

and p.s. before you start hyping up DCA. They have already begun scaling back the plans and cutting things from the project. I can give you a list if you would like.

jt04

The DCA plans were pre-iger as well. He just happened to be CEO at the time of the announcement

There was no "reorganization" its the same bs it was before with upper management (rasolu), marketing, and accountants dictating what gets built and what doesn't to WDI.

SSE, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, MILF, and now Space Mountain all happened under Iger's WATCH. He has full authority to get involved and give WDI more leeway to imrpove the rides and he failed too.

The only people interested in top notch quality that are associated with Disney are Lasseter (stretched thin), Steve Jobs (sick), WDI (neutered), George Lucas (...) and OLC (Japan).

But as long as Iger keeps folks like Jay Rasolu, Al Weiss, Meg Crofton, Phil Holmes and Erin Wallace in leadership positions. Things will keep getting cut and the bare minimum will be done.

We'll see. Time will tell. I will still be here.

Captain Chaos

SSE, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, MILF, and now Space Mountain all happened under Iger's WATCH. He has full authority to get involved and give WDI more leeway to imrpove the rides and he failed too.

But Con, don't you know... it is all about letting people fail now??? Iger lets crap get built so people can fail... And the more crap that gets built, the more people fail.. and when people fail, it is good business... Let more and more crap get built.. turn more and more people off... and it makes perfect business...

Jasonflz

But Con, don't you know... it is all about letting people fail now??? Iger lets crap get built so people can fail... And the more crap that gets built, the more people fail.. and when people fail, it is good business... Let more and more crap get built.. turn more and more people off... and it makes perfect business...

Really......:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom