Universal announces yet another major attraction, Disney taking a nap

WDW1974

Interesting that your rants about the next depression are absent in your tirades against park hours. You would think that you would support efforts to conserve money and labor in a time of such economic hardship.

Interesting that someone who comments about the way Disney operates its parks and resorts is termed a 'ranter' ...

And I would have no issue with Disney opting to save money IF it weren't at the cost of quality for guests who are spending thousands of dollars to visit during this wretched economic time. I would have no problem IF things in Orlando were as dire as they are in other places. I'd have no problem IF Disney hadn't pulled the exact same tired act for years during BOOM times. The business model they adopted in the mid-90s has led to a steady and almost constant (with a few blips) drop in quality across the board no matter what the economic times.

You see what you want. Anything that doesn't fit into your vision of a failing WDW is either ignored or even more illogically, talked away as conspiracy.

No, sadly I don't.

If I did, then WDW and more importanly the world would be a far better place.

I see things as they are ... and how they could be.

jt04

*Waits patiently for answers*

Maybe you have "night vision deficiency". I see plenty of animatronics on Dinosaur, and they usually don't have broken skin with metal parts sticking out and making weird servo motor sounds.

I imagine there is an optamologist near you. :cool:

SirGoofy

Maybe you have "night vision deficiency". I see plenty of animatronics on Dinosaur, and they usually don't have broken skin with metal parts sticking out and making weird servo motor sounds.

I imagine there is an optamologist near you. :cool:

And I've never seen/heard anything you mentioned about JP in the COUNTLESS times I've ridden the ride. Uni's maintenance is spot on(besides Imhotep :brick:).

And of course there are AAs on Dino, but that fact of the matter is more than half the ride is making turns in the complete and utter darkness, with little white "meteors."

The Conundrum

Again, the JP ride is obviously just that. I compare JP to Dinosaur and again vastly prefer the latter. I only see two areas where IoA trumps Disney in theming. The DD queue and LC. The rides/attraction/show themselves are just average however.

But then again I think it was former Imagineers that designed the queue and LC aesthetics so........I'm not suprised.

Im sorry...did you just say you prefer "dinosaur" over Jurassic Park. Jurassic Park does CIRCLES around dinosaur (better theming, bigger and better AA's, more thrilling, etc.) and is complimented by a well thought out and hyper detailed land. The same cant be said for dinosaur.

jakeman

Interesting that someone who comments about the way Disney operates its parks and resorts is termed a 'ranter' ...
Not someone. You. Once again you try and pigeonhole me by generalizing my comments.

As for the rest of your post, it is the same tired rehashing that you post here constantly. I'm sure you'll say the same for my response.

The Conundrum

I believe that was Conundrum who was "waiting for a substantial announcement from a Disney official."

nah I just said that today. JT questioned him about a week ago.

Not someone. You. Once again you try and pigeonhole me by generalizing my comments.

As for the rest of your post, it is the same tired rehashing that you post here constantly. I'm sure you'll say the same for my response.

I would like to ask you something. Are you so firm in your belief that WDW cna do no wrong that you will defend them no matter what decision they make? Is there ever going to be a point where you say "damn you know they are making poor choices" ?

WDW1974

It's not about "Disney love" or anything like for me. It's about presenting the other side of the arguement.

I've never said Disney is perfect and that there is no room for improvement. I simply provided counterpoints to the overwhelming negativity that is around here sometimes.

Overwhelming negativity? I don't see it. I see a lot of the opposite. And I see some bashing of Disney over individual decisions. ... I see very few people who want (or care) to look at the big picture.

Oh yeah, and I see plenty of folks who live to defend da man (ADVICE: Look at how well that's worked in countless other real world situations)

I really could care less about TDO or Paul Pressler or any of the other enties and people folks like to bash around here, but when an argument, I feel, is flawed I am going to comment on it.

Well, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But what happens at TDO affects so much from the lives of their cast and family ... to the quality and value of a magical WDW vacation. So I can't think of a better place to bash (when needed) than this one.

As to Paul, why would you bring him up? He has been gone from the company for seven years. Besides, I liked Paul personally ... he was a pleasant human being. Jay Rasulo? ... Not so much.

That's really all it is. If providing a counterpoint makes me an apologist then so be it. It may or may not mirror my true feelings. Reputation on a Disney board is pretty low on my concern list.

My feelings are that you may want to contact WDW's social media department and see if they'll pay you to be a plant here. You might as well make some money -- for your magical WDW vacations -- while defending management.

WDW1974

Well Lee's new info is very very interesting.

I haven't seen/heard of Lee's new info. I wish if he had new info he'd start a 'Lee's new info' thread ... that would make life so much easier. Did he do that?

Could it be that instead of build a single "potter swatter" land in one of the Disney parks, Disney is opting to plus existing attractions at all the parks?

Plussing is something Disney has done since the 1950s. For some strange , sad reason it now qualifies as the equal of adding new things.

But it is certainly cheaper, even doing something like Space Mountain, than say ... actually building a major new attraction or area.

So instead of a Carsland at DHS or Mysterious Island at AK, maybe they intend to do things like revitalize Tommorowland and Future World and Fantasyland; enhance Pixar Place and CMM; declutter and prioritize aesthetics and backstory etc.

Carsland and Mysterious Island were NEVER firmly coming here ... especially the former (which was total rumor based on a possibilty that had been tossed around in Burbank).

And if rivatlizing T-land means bulldozing the only large theater facility for an exec parking area ... and adding a Stitch show with no seating in the sun ... I think I'll pass on that kind of thing.

One things for sure, Disney is not taking a nap. :D

That's for sure. More like completely asleep at the wheel is more like it!

The Conundrum

As to Paul, why would you bring him up? He has been gone from the company for seven years. Besides, I liked Paul personally ... he was a pleasant human being. Jay Rasulo? ... Not so much.

I don't care if Paul was a swell person. You and I know that he was one of the key archietects of the business model Disney started using in the mid-90s that got us into the mess we are in now.

The man's big idea to get people to come to MGM studios was to add a ferris wheel in the park....A FERRIS WHEEL! (because it worked so well for his other park, DCA).

jt04

My feelings are that you may want to contact WDW's social media department and see if they'll pay you to be a plant here. You might as well make some money -- for your magical WDW vacations -- while defending management.

Since we are talking about "feelings". I have a feeling you are trying to worm your way into management by trying to tear down the current group. That would explain you obsession with layoffs and who exactly was leaving. You just want the mouse logo on your magical pay stub--by tearing down management.

jakeman

I not really concerned with how you and others around here label me. I enjoy spending time with my wife at the place where we met, became engaged, and honeymooned. If that makes me an apologist for management because I see past 90% of the problems fabricated here and enjoy the time I spend with my wife on vacation then so be it.

The memories I make with my family are important, not the physical place.

The Conundrum

Since we are talking about "feelings". I have a feeling you are trying to worm your way into management by trying to tear down the current group. That would explain you obsession with layoffs and who exactly was leaving. You just want the mouse logo on your magical pay stub--by tearing down management.

uh dude from what I know about '74 he would have to accept a serious pay cut to become a WDW manager.

beyondyou

I swear there was a point to this thread sometime ago?

or is it just the, "i'm better than you, and you smell bad you big meanie person" thread??

WDW1974

If I may indulge, in such dronings my first step would be to question the mythology of Disney Magic. It seems to me no more than a fall back phrase to make up for poor maintenance and mediocre rides and attractions of recent years. Its like religion and faith, something that cant be questioned and gets a hysterical reaction when it is.

Dead on, 100% accurate.

I have found many Disney fans to be akin to cultists ... or those who blindly follow a religion, political party or sports team no matter what.

There is no reason. No rationale. No thought involved.

I love the magical Disney vacations I have had and the magical films, TV shows, characters etc ... they have created.

But the DISNEY MAGIC! ... Uhm, that stuff almost makes me want to puke. I don't want any part of it. It's the religion of marketing a message of style over substance.

The Conundrum

Nope, 74 hates being challanged. He can dish it out day after day while not letting his own work be examined. That is pure cowardess in my opinion.

BS. He always takes the time to respond to every post.

You probably wonder why I defend him and i'll tell you why. Once I came home after a weekend at WDW in the summer of 2007 kinda saddened that the parks were getting stale only to go on Miceage and read him confirm that the removal of the wand and Star Tours 2 had just recieved the final greenlight to begin. Needless to say I was happy and the fact that he ws correct proved that he is a person that should be listened to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom