Universal announces yet another major attraction, Disney taking a nap

The Conundrum

Well Lee's new info is very very interesting.

Could it be that instead of build a single "potter swatter" land in one of the Disney parks, Disney is opting to plus existing attractions at all the parks?

So instead of a Carsland at DHS or Mysterious Island at AK, maybe they intend to do things like revitalize Tommorowland and Future World and Fantasyland; enhance Pixar Place and CMM; declutter and prioritize aesthetics and backstory etc.

One things for sure, Disney is not taking a nap. :D

Disney's taking a nap and your the one dreaming

drew_dawg

I say Disney is doing the right thing not annoucing anything, we have to remember no one can really compete with Disney. Universal is trying to get all these new coasters and attractions, but the have one thing that they don't have...detail. Look at Everest, that took 4 years + and it maybe not be the best coaster, or the fastest, or the tallest. But it has detail. I don't see Universal sending it's engineers across the planet. If you want Disney to put in some coaster to compete with Universal and Sea World be my guest. But I want that detail, and that magic. I know probably in the next few months or in a year the will annouce something, but if we are true Disney fans we will wait, like we waited 8 years while Haunted Mansion sat there teasing us.

Buried20KLeague

I did answer and will try to be as plain as possible. When I ride the attraction I see all the "magic" behind the effects. That destroys the immersive feel for me. On a 1 to 10 scale I'd rate Spidey a 5 or 6 for immersion. I'd rate ToT a 9. I'd give it a 10 if you didn't see the tracks as you move towards the elevator shaft. Story narrative also gets a similar rating from me. There is not one category I can think of where I would rate Spidey over ToT. Not one.

I apprecaite the clarification.

We definitely see those two attractions differently.

By the way... Regarding TSM... I thought for SURE you were on the "It's a solid E and a major win for Disney" bandwagon. My apologies if you weren't.

Not that I think it's horrible. It's not at all. But it's another screen based attraction. Which bothers me a touch.

jt04

I apprecaite the clarification.

We definitely see those two attractions differently.

By the way... Regarding TSM... I thought for SURE you were on the "It's a solid E and a major win for Disney" bandwagon. My apologies if you weren't.

Not that I think it's horrible. It's not at all. But it's another screen based attraction. Which bothers me a touch.

Nope, never said it was an E as I wouldn't know. I do see something cool about TSM in that they can continually update the graphics and even add seasonal content as the years go on.

Plus nobody can deny people love it.

The Conundrum

I say Disney is doing the right thing not annoucing anything, we have to remember no one can really compete with Disney. Universal is trying to get all these new coasters and attractions, but the have one thing that they don't have...detail. Look at Everest, that took 4 years + and it maybe not be the best coaster, or the fastest, or the tallest. But it has detail. I don't see Universal sending it's engineers across the planet. If you want Disney to put in some coaster to compete with Universal and Sea World be my guest. But I want that detail, and that magic. I know probably in the next few months or in a year the will annouce something, but if we are true Disney fans we will wait, like we waited 8 years while Haunted Mansion sat there teasing us.

Disney better at detail??? Have you been to the Jurassic Park and Lost Continent islands? Now compare that to Dino-RAMA or anything at Hollywood studios. Disney doesn't even come close (they used to be above and beyond but not anymore). Everest is nice sure but thats also because it was headed up by a very talented guy (even still they screwed it up by only constructing half a mountain and half a big warehouse..oh sorry "tibetian village" :lol:)

If you want to see REAL Tokyo-quality detail then I suggest you wait a couple months and get your butt down to see the new Harry Potter land.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Fan boys talking bollocks. now theres a shock.

If I may indulge, in such dronings my first step would be to question the mythology of Disney Magic. It seems to me no more than a fall back phrase to make up for poor maintenance and mediocre rides and attractions of recent years. Its like religion and faith, something that cant be questioned and gets a hysterical reaction when it is.

IMHO as a visitor to both parks with no agenda of course.

The Conundrum

If I may indulge, in such dronings my first step would be to question the mythology of Disney Magic. It seems to me no more than a fall back phrase to make up for poor maintenance and mediocre rides and attractions of recent years. Its like religion and faith, something that cant be questioned and gets a hysterical reaction when it is.

thank you. jt04 could learn a thing or two from you.

Buried20KLeague

Dead on, sak.

Buried20KLeague

Well Lee's new info is very very interesting.

Could it be that instead of build a single "potter swatter" land in one of the Disney parks, Disney is opting to plus existing attractions at all the parks?

So instead of a Carsland at DHS or Mysterious Island at AK, maybe they intend to do things like revitalize Tommorowland and Future World and Fantasyland; enhance Pixar Place and CMM; declutter and prioritize aesthetics and backstory etc.

One things for sure, Disney is not taking a nap. :D

Wait a tick...

Didn't you question Lee's reliability just a week or so ago in relation to something? Can't remember the topic and don't feel like looking it up... But he gave a step by step account of facts, and what he was told about it as far as plans. And you said something like "no offense, but I'm going to wait and see"...

But then now you're quoting him when it suits your position.

fyn

Wait a tick...

Didn't you question Lee's reliability just a week or so ago in relation to something? Can't remember the topic and don't feel like looking it up... But he gave a step by step account of facts, and what he was told about it as far as plans. And you said something like "no offense, but I'm going to wait and see"...

I believe that was Conundrum who was "waiting for a substantial announcement from a Disney official."

jt04

Disney better at detail??? Have you been to the Jurassic Park and Lost Continent islands? Now compare that to Dino-RAMA or anything at Hollywood studios. Disney doesn't even come close (they used to be above and beyond but not anymore). Everest is nice sure but thats also because it was headed up by a very talented guy (even still they screwed it up by only constructing half a mountain and half a big warehouse..oh sorry "tibetian village" :lol:)

If you want to see REAL Tokyo-quality detail then I suggest you wait a couple months and get your butt down to see the new Harry Potter land.

Again, the JP ride is obviously just that. I compare JP to Dinosaur and again vastly prefer the latter. I only see two areas where IoA trumps Disney in theming. The DD queue and LC. The rides/attraction/show themselves are just average however.

But then again I think it was former Imagineers that designed the queue and LC aesthetics so........I'm not suprised.

jt04

Wait a tick...

I was requesting a clarification as I remember it. I've always thought Corrus/Lee/Martin/Tirian are the real deal.

Buried20KLeague

I believe that was Conundrum who was "waiting for a substantial announcement from a Disney official."

Nope. It wasn't.

It was in relation to DTD and PI.

He wanted "proof" regarding PI's failing for specific reasons (knowing good and well no Disney official would ever do that).

All Lee's inside info wasn't good enough for him then, but NOW... When it suits his stance... We have a different reaction to what Lee says.

Here's the page of the thread I'm talking about:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=3535761#post3535761

SirGoofy

Again, the JP ride is obviously just that. I compare JP to Dinosaur and again vastly prefer the latter. I only see two areas where IoA trumps Disney in theming. The DD queue and LC. The rides/attraction/show themselves are just average however.

But then again I think it was former Imagineers that designed the queue and LC aesthetics so........I'm not suprised.

Seriously? You would take Dino over JP? You would take a ride that is 75% complete and utter darkness with nothing to look at over a ride with breathtaking sets and views?

:brick:

Buried20KLeague

I was requesting a clarification as I remember it. I've always thought Corrus/Lee/Martin/Tirian are the real deal.

No, no. You wanted "proof" from something an insider said.

You don't have any proof that what Lee's said about a "potter swatter" plan is accurate... Why not question him on that as well? Instead, you sound excited about it.

jt04

Nope. It wasn't.

It was in relation to DTD and PI.

He wanted "proof" regarding PI's failing for specific reasons (knowing good and well no Disney official would ever do that).

All Lee's inside info wasn't good enough for him then, but NOW... When it suits his stance... We have a different reaction to what Lee says.

Here's the page of the thread I'm talking about:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=3535761#post3535761

When it comes to PI/AC I think Lee has a personal stake to put it mildly. I trust his info but thought it might be shaded by personal opinion. I think I said in the thread he is "only human" or "not perfect" or something to that effect. And I stand by that. But I think his track record speaks for itself. Not 100% right but pretty close.

Nice try! :rolleyes::lol:

scottnj1966

Universal Stuidios has to build new rides to draw more people.
Every year they hurt a little more. They are always working hard to fill the parks.

Disney has the draw. They dont have to keep adding on.
Of course I wish they would be cause I go all the time and would love to have something new every year but it just is not cost effective.

WDW will have a few things coming up soon.
They are still in the period of refurbing rides and the parks like they said they would be.
Cant do everything at once. Tickets costs enough as it is.

Buried20KLeague

When it comes to PI/AC I think Lee has a personal stake to put it mildly. I trust his info but thought it might be shaded by personal opinion. I think I said in the thread he is "only human" or "not perfect" or something to that effect. And I stand by that. But I think his track record speaks for itself. Not 100% right but pretty close.

Nice try! :rolleyes::lol:

So when he says he's been given "significant information" on the topic, and that "he can state these facts with certainty", you tend to not believe him, because he wants the AC to come back.

That's weird. Because it still seems like it would be more because what he said just didn't suit your argument.

I guess I stand corrected. :rolleyes::lol:

Like Lee said in that post... To some, the world will always be flat.

jt04

No, no. You wanted "proof" from something an insider said.

You don't have any proof that what Lee's said about a "potter swatter" plan is accurate... Why not question him on that as well? Instead, you sound excited about it.

The "potter swatter" theory is mine not his. He only talked about FW being updated. After that it was my theorizing.

Again, nice try :rolleyes::lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom