Universal announces yet another major attraction, Disney taking a nap

pj4life

I also think Disney is making easier for people to decide to spend a day or two or three at UNI because they have nothing of substance on the way to off-set it.

You better believe it. My family of four has been going since my oldest kid was a baby. So in 10 years we've gone I think 10 times.(Of course so many more times when my old man brought me over my childhood)We're skipping the Halloween party this year since we've been to it 3 years in a row and there's nothing new to it. (Actually the fireworks seemed like they were missing something last year)

We're thinking of skipping WDW all together next year and hitting DL instead. If we don't skip WDW then we will definitely only visit WDW a couple days and explore what the rest of Orlando has to offer. Like SWO and UNI/IOA. Hey at least it'll be something we've never experienced before.

Vacationing at WDW shouldn't become a routine.

rbrower

Personally, I am not a fan of Universal. I just prefer the atmosphere of the Disney parks, so, no matter how many new rides are opened up at Universal, I will still be more likely to visit the Disney parks. However, this does not mean that I take every opportunity that I get to trash Universal, so please do not interpret my post in that matter. I understand that many people who live closer to the Orlando area and therefore visit the parks more frequently might be more enticed to visit Universal, especially if they don't prefer Disney over Universal, or vise versa. However, since many of the tourists traveling to Orlando are likely not to have visited as frequently over the years, I don't think that this will make that drastic of a change in their decisions. If a family hasn't visited both either of the two resorts within the past few years, there will be new rides at both resorts for them to experience. Therefore, when it all comes down to it, I think that which park the average person will visit is based on personal preference. :)

WDW1974

They did not announce officially that the BLT would be a DVC until very late in it's construction. It was a source of debate right here on these forums for a long time. Oh, just like this thread.

I still have a headache but now it's worse. :dazzle::dazzle:

BLT was known by anyone inside the company or with any sources as a DVC property before they even demo'd Contemporary North (RIP).

Anyone who looked at various permits would have seen it as well.

Disney didn't announce it until an absurdly late time because they were having difficulty selling Saratoga Springs and DAK Lodge properties and thought many people would have held out waiting for BLT (correctly, I am sure).

But it was known.

There is no such reason for them to not say DVC either will be part of this or could be part except for the fact they likely won't be including it or are waiting to see what the market is like. Wyndham already has a timeshare development at National Harbor.

BTW ... I feel awful I didn't get to say anything on the HoP thread before it got locked. The only new thing this summer at MK (and a fairly major one) and you can't talk about it ... sad.

WDW1974

You better believe it. My family of four has been going since my oldest kid was a baby. So in 10 years we've gone I think 10 times.(Of course so many more times when my old man brought me over my childhood)We're skipping the Halloween party this year since we've been to it 3 years in a row and there's nothing new to it. (Actually the fireworks seemed like they were missing something last year)

They did cut pyro last year during the Halloween show ... and they've cut back many things from the parties before (from the haunted cruises on the Liberty Belle to the free pics) over the years while tripling the cost of a ticket, naturally.

We're thinking of skipping WDW all together next year and hitting DL instead. If we don't skip WDW then we will definitely only visit WDW a couple days and explore what the rest of Orlando has to offer. Like SWO and UNI/IOA. Hey at least it'll be something we've never experienced before.

I'd definitely tell you to head to DL next year. Much more new, fresh, quality things to see and do ... and better weather as well.

And if you take a WDW trip, you should definitely make it a central Fla one and visit SW/Aquatica/Uni/IOA/Cape Canaveral ... maybe even Busch Gardens ... there's a whole world beyond the pixie dust.

Vacationing at WDW shouldn't become a routine.

Exactly. And I do believe for many 'regulars' over the past 10-15 years that is exactly what it has become.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
BTW ... I feel awful I didn't get to say anything on the HoP thread before it got locked. The only new thing this summer at MK (and a fairly major one) and you can't talk about it ... sad.

You could always start a new thread. :shrug: Information is always good. :wave:

It never fails though, on any thread about HoP, somebody says something out of line regarding politics, somebody else gets offended, the thread gets locked.

It's always been like that and probably always will.

rbrower

It never fails though, on any thread about HoP, somebody says something out of line regarding politics, somebody else gets offended, the thread gets locked.

Not trying to get off topic here, but your last line reminded me of Carousel of Progress. :lookaroun

jt04

"The Mom" has little tolerance for politics even if the discussion relates to the attraction and I don't blame her 99% of the time. But she is a "mod" and that is her job. I have a feeling any negative comments about you know who, even if said in jest, cause her e-mail box to overflow. That should scare the cra* out of everyone. :eek:

I think this is why most theme parks, including Universal stay away from politics.

Captain Chaos

If the sales numbers for DVC since January 2009 are any indication...I think Disney has begun to give up on DVC but thats just my fealing.

I doubt they are giving up on DVC.. And it isn't really fair to judge sales of DVC units in a DOWN economy... I'm sure they will pick up again once the economy picks up and people are actually back at work, ya know?? Cause, well, when peopel don't have money, people don't buy things... I am sure there will come a saturation point, and maybe they hit it, but to say they are giving up on DVC just cause sales are down in a DOWN economy (kety word there) isn't right... it is your wishful thinking, and Enigma's too coincidence???

I guess they will give up on animated movies, and DVDs, since, well, DVD sales are down and their profits from movies are down too???

The Conundrum

I doubt they are giving up on DVC.. And it isn't really fair to judge sales of DVC units in a DOWN economy... I'm sure they will pick up again once the economy picks up and people are actually back at work, ya know?? Cause, well, when peopel don't have money, people don't buy things... I am sure there will come a saturation point, and maybe they hit it, but to say they are giving up on DVC just cause sales are down in a DOWN economy (kety word there) isn't right... it is your wishful thinking, and Enigma's too coincidence???

I guess they will give up on animated movies, and DVDs, since, well, DVD sales are down and their profits from movies are down too???

Well they did give up on 2D animation for less and the only reason it may come back now is because of new amnagement.

But as you said we will see :D

Goofnut1980

Why are they even building those resorts? Seems to me like they should be concentrating on the theme parks that already exist.

Amen to that.. I was there last week and am really getting dissapointed with how the parks are being managed... I had an uncle that retired from WDW and his job was only to replace lightbulbs at night.. and they dont do that now.. its one of those funny things I look for... I saw tons of lights out... even on rides like the Zip-A-Dee Lady in SM... half the lights dont even work and it was rehabbed 3 months ago.. its kind of rediculous...

I also saw that the 3rd AA in Small World on the Eiffel Tower was not working at all and its the first thing you see when you go in the ride.. not counting half the ceiling missing... but let me tell you what.. every ride has walls up cause they are painting the fronts of everything... They looked fine 3 weeks ago when I was there... stop painting and start fixing!!!

How about we dont give free nights to stay and put the prices similar to what they used to be and more people would go...

WildcatDen

So what does it spell in the bastardised version? :shrug:

See, now you are confusing yourself. A daily, if not hourly occurence for you. Where your last attempt clearly was spelled T-H-A-T, this is simply spelled I-T. You see, IT spelled any other way, simply is not "IT".

To answer the your eloquent version question, that as well is rather simple. The bastardised spelling would likely be some word jumble involving the following, " SABMUP KASAKAN".

Captain Chaos

Well they did give up on 2D animation for less and the only reason it may come back now is because of new amnagement.

But as you said we will see :D

I do believe they will eventually reach the saturation point, and they may have started approaching that level.. We'll see.. i just don't see them NOT making DVCs at Polynesian and Grand Floridian though...

The Conundrum

I do believe they will eventually reach the saturation point, and they may have started approaching that level.. We'll see.. i just don't see them NOT making DVCs at Polynesian and Grand Floridian though...

ugggh it will be a cold day in hell when they start ruining polynesian and grand floridan with DVC.

Captain Chaos

ugggh it will be a cold day in hell when they start ruining polynesian and grand floridan with DVC.

Ya never know... :)

And all they have to do is convert the rooms already there... But, knowing the decisions lately, they will build a huge tower at Poly and ruin the site lines from Adventureland... :lookaroun

jt04

Ya never know... :)

And all they have to do is convert the rooms already there... But, knowing the decisions lately, they will build a huge tower at Poly and ruin the site lines from Adventureland... :lookaroun

That would have to be one heck of a tower.

mikeb_86

Disney Must have something else plan thay know Universal has 3 atractions and so far disney has SM Redo and that stitch show. So maybe the MI Coaster will finaly be made!!!!

wolf359

"Eating Universal's dust?" Disney has never even seen Universal's dust, let alone tasted it. Maybe after Potterland opens Islands of Adventure might finally beat SeaWorld's attendance, but I don't even see this as being enough to push it into the top ten let alone compete with Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom