Universal announces yet another major attraction, Disney taking a nap

MousDad

I love this new DVC offering. Can't wait to see what the future holds.

Thanks Jay! I see where you are going and I share your vision!:sohappy:

Before I slam you, I will say your points regarding attractions in DC were spot on. I should give my home town a little more credit I guess.

But once again, you do everything but answer the question.

Do you KNOW it's a DVC offering?

Or is your imagination in bold new vision mode again.

jt04

Before I slam you, I will say your points regarding attractions in DC were spot on. I should give my home town a little more credit I guess.

But once again, you do everything but answer the question.

Do you KNOW it's a DVC offering?

Or is your imagination in bold new vision mode again.

Have you seen the pics of the DC DVC model on the website "that must not be named"? I'd say that is a "bold new vision" if ever there was one. Disney's new family travel initiatives are revolutionary!

A bit of George Washington speak for dramatic effect.

MousDad

Have you seen the pics of the DC DVC model on the website "that must not be named"? I'd say that is a "bold new vision" if ever there was one. Disney's new family travel initiatives are revolutionary!

A bit of George Washington speak for dramatic effect.

Okay, I'll speak really slowly for you.

I know there are plans.

I know it will be a Disney Resort.

Do you know that it is DVC?

GothMickey

*heavy sigh*

Maybe this will help.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/8618/Disney_breaks_ground_in_Hawaii

Same idea, different hemisphere.

JT,

I usually enjoy your posts, no matter how silly they are. However, in this instance, I think you are really reading way to much into this. Iger, Rasulo, nor anyone for that matter, associated with Disney called this a DVC resort. Hawaii was DVC from the start, described that way, and hasn't changed. There has not been one press release I have read regarding this DC resort as being DVC.

jt04

JT,

I usually enjoy your posts, no matter how silly they are. However, in this instance, I think you are really reading way to much into this. Iger, Rasulo, nor anyone for that matter, associated with Disney called this a DVC resort. Hawaii was DVC from the start, described that way, and hasn't changed. There has not been one press release I have read regarding this DC resort as being DVC.

It's like deja vu all over again.

http://www.yesterland.com/harbor.html

WDW1974

Does anyone know for certain that the new DC resort is going to be a DVC property (or the Hawaii one for that matter)?

There is no reference in any of Disney's public releases that this property is going to be a DVC resort. Yet everyone keeps referring to it as the new DC DVC.

I'm asking because, if Disney thinks they're going to fund the DC property on DVC sales, they might want to reconsider. First, the property location is nothing even remotely resembling a place that anyone would want to regularly return to as a vacation destination. Second, DC itself is not such a location either. We complain about WDW not having new offerings - the National Mall doesn't change that much from decade to decade. And no, Lincoln does not really get up and walk around.

The National Harbor is a convention center development, with a smattering of residential and commercial interest, and virtually no entertainment.

This is my guess: Disney's new property, if it gets built, is going to primarily marketed to conventioners and tourists as a regular resort destination, with the supplement of DVC points transfers.

I was just wondering if anyone knew for certain this was proposed to be built under the arm of DVC.

Very good point.

Nothing released thus far by Disney has indicated any DVC component to the National Harbor property (IF it gets built). All I've seen says hotel.

The Oahu resort will be mixed use and have both hotel and DVC ...

jt04

Very good point.

Nothing released thus far by Disney has indicated any DVC component to the National Harbor property (IF it gets built). All I've seen says hotel.

The BLT is not a DVC either.

Oh wait.....nevermind.

MousDad

Okay, let's assume for a moment that DC will be a hybrid like HI.

The question I have for both properties then is: Will these be considered DVC resorts, like Hilton Head, where people can buy into them as a home resort?

Or will they be mixed use, with villas that will be available for point transfer for DVC owners?

The second would make the most sense to me.

Related question - it appears they will both be run by P&R. Is this not a separate entity from DVC?

jt04

Okay, let's assume for a moment that DC will be a hybrid like HI.

The question I have for both properties then is: Will these be considered DVC resorts, like Hilton Head, where people can buy into them as a home resort?

Or will they be mixed use, with villas that will be available for point transfer for DVC owners?

The second would make the most sense to me.

Related question - it appears they will both be run by P&R. Is this not a separate entity from DVC?

Yes, yes and yes (technically) IMO.

MousDad

"Like Walt Disney World, it’s a place that families can return to year after year."

I just can't agree with Werner's statement here.

"Finally, with an undersupply of timeshares in the area and with Disney’s reputation, it should be a great “trader” in the RCI timeshare exchange program."

Undersupply? Doesn't he mean No-supply? I sure have never heard of a timeshare in the DC area. Hotels thrive in DC. Timeshares?

Of course it would be a great trader, that's not really the question at hand.

jt04

"Like Walt Disney World, it’s a place that families can return to year after year."

I just can't agree with Werner's statement here.

"Finally, with an undersupply of timeshares in the area and with Disney’s reputation, it should be a great “trader” in the RCI timeshare exchange program."

Undersupply? Doesn't he mean No-supply? I sure have never heard of a timeshare in the DC area. Hotels thrive in DC. Timeshares?

Of course it would be a great trader, that's not really the question at hand.

Disney didn't answer the questions you are asking about the BLT until after it was topped out.

And 2+2=4.

So just read between the lines a bit and judge by history.

I have a headache. :dazzle:

GothMickey

Very good point.

Exactly.. DC will be a hotel, MAYBE with a hybrid of DVC units. But so far no one has stated it will be DVC or a mix even. And Rasulo even hinted in his comments that the hotel/resort MAY NOT be build. Good catch there WDW1974.

jt04

Exactly.. DC will be a hotel, MAYBE with a hybrid of DVC units. But so far no one has stated it will be DVC or a mix even. And Rasulo even hinted in his comments that the hotel/resort MAY NOT be build. Good catch there WDW1974.

See "The Unabridged and Comprehensive History of the Bay Lake Towers at the Contemporary Resort of Walt Disney World, Florida".

GothMickey

See "The Unabridged and Comprehensive History of the Bay Lake Towers at the Contemporary Resort of Walt Disney World, Florida".

What, the towers that, when announced, were announced as a new DVC? Still trying to figure out why you insist the DVC hotel will be like BLT or Hawaii. There is no comparison. There has not been a mention of DVC associated with DC as of yet. DC may not even be built. Between this thread and the PI one, JT, you are sounding too silly now. Stop while you are ahread, not that you were ever ahead.

jt04

What, the towers that, when announced, were announced as a new DVC? Still trying to figure out why you insist the DVC hotel will be like BLT or Hawaii. There is no comparison. There has not been a mention of DVC associated with DC as of yet. DC may not even be built. Between this thread and the PI one, JT, you are sounding too silly now. Stop while you are ahread, not that you were ever ahead.

They did not announce officially that the BLT would be a DVC until very late in it's construction. It was a source of debate right here on these forums for a long time. Oh, just like this thread.

I still have a headache but now it's worse. :dazzle::dazzle:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom