Uni Locks Away Patent for Rainy Day

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It has also contributed to many enhanced vacations, mine included in that lot. Current reviews on this site show it as rated 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. I know that many people had rough times when using the system during it's (well advertised) test phase. It has seemed to stabilize as the bugs have been worked out, which is exactly what a test phase is for.

Glad you enjoyed your trip - at least someone had some fun. I know we are dumping 800+ DVC points because of it.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Actually a good number of us 'haters' are staying home, We liked Walt's view of Disney parks, are not fans of thrill rides and absolutely despise what Iger/Rasulo/Staggs are doing with parks.

So we are staying home and spending money elsewhere but NOT with Disney OR UNI.
But you get some kind of joy out of continuing to be involved in a subject that you admit you are no longer going to have first hand knowledge of. Makes no sense.

awilliams4

Glad you enjoyed your trip - at least someone had some fun. I know we are dumping 800+ DVC points because of it.

I would think that someone who hates WDW enough to sell 800+ DVC sites wouldn't hang out at WDW Fan Forums anymore. All the other times someone wonders why there are posters that post over and over and over again about how they will not be returning but still hang out at WDW fan sites because they love it and they suggest it is like loving a sports team.

Well in this case, you are selling all your jerseys, signed baseball cards, home runs caught as a kid and any programs that were purchased at the ball parks selling your season tickets and parking pass.

And then say, I hang out here because I love Disney World.

sweetpee_1993

Actually a good number of us 'haters' are staying home, We liked Walt's view of Disney parks, are not fans of thrill rides and absolutely despise what Iger/Rasulo/Staggs are doing with parks.

So we are staying home and spending money elsewhere but NOT with Disney OR UNI.
**raises hand**
Not with WDW or Uni here. There's plenty of other Disney to be had free of all these headaches. ;)

Brian Noble

One advantage Uni will have is that it will be much easier to implement and then track due to their much smaller guest numbers each year compared to the Disney Parks.
There are only 135K or so people in a Disney park on an average day. This is peanuts. There are that many Android phone users (who are all tracked constantly by google) in any medium-sized city.

There will be less infrastructure up I-4, because there is less ground to cover, but even for WDW it will not be hard.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Ok, I'll bite.

Are you really dumping 800+ DVC point because of MM+ (and only MM+) or because of a number of factors, MM+ being one of them, that you disagree with Disney's direction on?

Potus1976

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the haters stayed home? These are people who can never be satisfied...even if Disney him have them a free stay. There would always be something to complain about. MMM+ is not a failure. It enhanced my last two trips beyond my expectations. Yes, there's going to be kinks and some may experience trouble but that's just life. Maybe if the haters would spend more time off line complaining and more time experiencing MM+ they would have a different opinion.

Queeniediva

And again, why would any sane person choose to give their business to Universal over Disney because of a new technology? I guarantee if you have a problem at Universal they are going to be like "tough luck pal." This is why they don't have as many customers or guests as Disney. They aren't even in the same arena. It's comparing apples and oranges or maybe plums and lemons? I don't know but it's terrible...getting burned by cigarettes because you have white trash walking around waving them about like it's a street fair and they are trying to guess the weight of the bearded lady...it's ridiculous. They have some fun rides, but so does Busch Gardens. They are only the same level as Busch Gardens, maybe worse because at least Busch Gardens used to give you free beer.

Disney is an experience like no other. I can't even explain it to people who have never been. They don't get it until they go, and then if they don't get it there is no hope for them. It's seriously like comparing Hermes to Juicy Couture. If you say "I have high fashion items" and you show me Juicy Couture, then you probably think Universal is comparable or superior to Disney. Sure, a Juicy Couture bag will hold your stuff, but it's not going to impress Elton John.... (If you understood any of that, I want you to be my new best friend) :joyfull:

I just want the magic band to come in purple :)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
But you get some kind of joy out of continuing to be involved in a subject that you admit you are no longer going to have first hand knowledge of. Makes no sense.

All I really want is the quality of experience that was available to everyone in the 1990's and early noughts NO FP or NGE, no 'Temporarily Permanent' attraction closures, clean parks, good varied food and experiences which could be had no where else.

I've actually gone to WDW 3 times this year. 1 Visit pre-MB rollout and two as part of the MB "tests" the MB test in June was bad, the one in August was indescribably awful. hours wasted at GR because of 'glitches' and it was a short visit ie 4 days because of customer comittments, Both trips Disney was unable to link DW and My Premier Passports to My(bad)DisneyExperience.

As a result was locked out of FP system entirely so all attractions were ridden standby. Our touring style is not commando so no rope drop for us, If I wanted to do 'The Running of the Bulls' I'd go to Pamplona Spain and do so.

I guess my first review of their 'test' was insufficiently scathing so they signed me up for second round which was even WORSE.

Recall this is ticket media which is $900+ per year for each of us. I spend a fair amount of time on west coast in the LA/SFO area and frequently need to meet customers first thing Monday so flying in on Sat redeye and spending a few hours at DL on the weekend has been nice since I'm east coast based.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
**raises hand**
Not with WDW or Uni here. There's plenty of other Disney to be had free of all these headaches. ;)

Yes like DL, DisneySea, HKDL, DLP and Shanghai when it comes online, And I even have a multiple entry visa for China (business) Trouble is all are at least 6 hours by plane and I spend ENOUGH time in planes for work - WDW is a short flight away for me so it was convenient.

CDavid

Universal is a horrible theme park. Every time I go there, I feel like I am taking my life into my own hands, much like when I go to the local fair and ride a carnival ride operated by a guy with greasy hair and no teeth...same feeling at Universal...Who cares what they are doing

If that's how you really feel about Universal, why do you go there at all? Why would you patronize a park where you feel unsafe?

Queeniediva

If that's how you really feel about Universal, why do you go there at all? Why would you patronize a park where you feel unsafe?
I don't lol I went three times. Once for my cousin, once for myself and once because my friend wanted to go to Harry Potter land. Done.

Queeniediva

For the record: I really did see a guy drink out of a gravy boat at Liberty Tree. He probably shouldn't be allowed in Disney because he ruined my magical experience

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom