Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I realize you've said in the past it's supposed to be some sort of dark ride, but what kind are we talking about being considered? Something more simple like Peter Pan or Mermaid, or more ambitious like Spaceship Earth or whatever?

And isn't the same thing also true of Imagination, unlikely anything will happen without a sponsor?
Simple-ish I'd imagine. A D rather than an E.

I'm currently hearing Imagination or EO will not now be closing after New Year. I'll try and clarify it.

Wikkler

When Captain EO ends, they should make a restaurant.

Either put it in the former Magic Eye Theater or put it in the upstairs part where ImageWorks was.

awoogala

Interesting...because Eisner came around in 84, and the park had barely been open for 2 years when he took over.

I remember in the late 80s the park being quite packed. And pictures my parents took in 82 show a park very full (there was no MGM or AK to distract back then).

However, I do recall in the early 90s it started to empty out. That being said, a 30 minute wait wasn't out of the question for pretty much any attraction. And, I loved that park (never got to spend enough time in the Communicores)....
the 80's= EPCOT was the pinnacle of our dreams. Touchscreens to color? at that moment, the promises that EPCOT held were magical. Creating a rollercoaster and virtually riding it??? It was beyond the apple 2gs in our home (which was more than most had!).

awoogala

If you folks don't find M:S, TT, SSE, and Soarin valuable, then I wouldn't go to Epcot Future World either. I guess what I'm saying is that Epcot needs some love from Disney, but I still love it. I even like :gasp: Imagination and I was there for Imagination 1.0. It wouldn't hurt to make it better. Captain Eo needs to be retired, again, and replaced with something new. Living with the Land needs an update, removing the old music and tour guides has hurt it more than helped it long-term. Circle of Life needs a newer HD film if nothing else as it looks old. UofE needs an update in the worst way. The Seas with Nemo, though, is an abomination. It needs to be destroyed and several live chickens need to sacrificed there to clear out the curse.

as "old" newbies..lol (I have been a jillion times, 1974-1992...my kids went 2009-now. My kids LOVE educational fun. and EPCOT is their fave park. they love journey (although it WAS better), they enjoy ellen's..(although it was way better), they adore "living with the land" - might be their fave ride!
Why is EPCOT dumbing itself down?? There re kids who would adore education/entertainment, they just aren't making it available anymore.

Cesar R M

as "old" newbies..lol (I have been a jillion times, 1974-1992...my kids went 2009-now. My kids LOVE educational fun. and EPCOT is their fave park. they love journey (although it WAS better), they enjoy ellen's..(although it was way better), they adore "living with the land" - might be their fave ride!
Why is EPCOT dumbing itself down?? There re kids who would adore education/entertainment, they just aren't making it available anymore.

living with the land was indeed really good.
funnily, we went there because Soarin' was packed.

montyz81

living with the land was indeed really good.
funnily, we went there because Soarin' was packed.
Read Marty Sklar's book. According to him, that is what EPCOT is all about. He wasn't talking about Epcot Center , Epcot 95, or Epcot of today. He thought that Living with the land was at the heart of Walt's original dream of an Experimental Community of Tommorrow! Buy the way his book should be required reading for every Disney employee and fan alike! It truly could inspire people to come close to thinking like Walt "If you can dream it, you can do it!"

doctornick

Simple-ish I'd imagine. A D rather than an E.

I'm currently hearing Imagination or EO will not now be closing after New Year. I'll try and clarify it.

While I know most people here would argue that Future World needs attention the most, I actually think that building an additional ride in World Showcase -- like in Japan -- would be an important thing for helping capacity and spreading out people. I think that is more pressing than "fixing" Imagination or UoE, etc. So, I'd love to see some Japanese company step up and make something happen.

That said, I'd actually put attractions back in WoL before anything else. What a waste.

Cesar R M

While I know most people here would argue that Future World needs attention the most, I actually think that building an additional ride in World Showcase -- like in Japan -- would be an important thing for helping capacity and spreading out people. I think that is more pressing than "fixing" Imagination or UoE, etc. So, I'd love to see some Japanese company step up and make something happen.

That said, I'd actually put attractions back in WoL before anything else. What a waste.

I think their move to build AVATAR in the animal kingdom is the most reasonable step atm.
as all the main parks have their nighttime spectacular except animal kingdom.
that means, most people might leave animal kingdom for the other parks as soon AK closes, causing more load on the other parks at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom