Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

MerlinTheGoat

Martin didn't mean Disney itself couldn't afford to pay for such a redo. Rather that a high budget needs to be approved from corporate and corporate almost certainly doesn't want to approve it, exactly how they normally behave when confronted with having to spend money on necessary park projects that guests want. In other words, a case of-
20081207204916!Scrooge_McDuck.jpg

doctornick

Maybe they could just start a Kickstarter to fund the refurb. Give away some exclusive plush, pins and vinyls at different tiers and they'll hit the target in under a week.

Honestly. As crazy as it sounds, a Kickstarter program for "return the Imagination pavilion to its former glory" would be a pretty good idea. I'd contribute.

Last edited:

willtravel

I want an expensive overhaul too, it deserves it after the mess it's been in for so long now. My worry is that they'll just close it and a budget isn't ever approved, so they just decide to keep it closed and turn it into more convention space for drunk fests...
Am I correct in saying that Epcot has there own budget from the other parks at WDW?

willtravel

I've heard that Epcot won't be getting any significant new attractions until at least the 2020's. I'm not sure if that would include an Imagination re-do or not, but I don't think anything will happen. I think that Figment will continue to live on in his sad, current form.
I assume there still is no sponsor?

doctornick

I've heard that Epcot won't be getting any significant new attractions until at least the 2020's. I'm not sure if that would include an Imagination re-do or not, but I don't think anything will happen. I think that Figment will continue to live on in his sad, current form.

At a minimum, I'm expecting a new film for Soarin' and the Eo theater in upcoming years. Those would be relatively cheap projects for "new" attractions.

Martin once hinted that a Japan pavilion ride is on the table (though probably far from being greenlit) -- I wish that would come to pass. Or to put some sort of ride back into the WoL space.

Bairstow

Usually "trackless" refers to an attraction that is self-steering but can choose multiple (more than 2 at least) paths, if not generate its path procedurally thanks to software.

Even though something like the safaris at Animal Kingdom or the tram ride at MGM have no tracks, you wouldn't refer to these as "trackeless" attractions.

The word is intended to apply to things like Hunny Hunt, Mystic Manor, and Empire of the Penguin.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
A Japan pavillion ride may drive attendance but I haven't heard of anything coming back there. Again, I have no sources or any information, but I just don't find it likely that a Japan ride is coming anytime soon.
This plan goes back to at least 2008. Until there is a sponsor nothing will happen.

MerlinTheGoat

This plan goes back to at least 2008. Until there is a sponsor nothing will happen.
I realize you've said in the past it's supposed to be some sort of dark ride, but what kind are we talking about being considered? Something more simple like Peter Pan or Mermaid, or more ambitious like Spaceship Earth or whatever?

And isn't the same thing also true of Imagination, unlikely anything will happen without a sponsor?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom