Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

PeterAlt

I'm sorry but did I miss something? Since when is Shanghai Disneyland planning to have Expedition Everest? I just knew they were planning on adding the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, but if Everest too then that's news to me!
It's marked as a proposed future expansion in the planned layout of the park and is not planned as an opening day attraction.

RandySavage

^^^ Where does Everest show up on the SDL proposed map?

To clarify: Everest has never shown up in any of the leaked or official media for SDL (that I've seen). However, a while back, Lee mentioned he had seen a piece of art or a plan of the park that showed Everest as future expansion. That's the only time it's been associated with Shanghai.

Maybe he can expound now that a clearer picture of the park is emerging.

Seabasealpha1

Well, aside from the side shows....

So, what was the closing date supposedly? Tried to find it on here...it got a little buried!

As we approach the new year like...TONIGHT, I wonder what's up with this or if it has died?

mimitchi33

I think they're closing it to make room for HISTA, or they are abandoning it for a completely different attraction, like a remake of the original 80's Figment ride. Or worse, it could be given the Wonders of Life treatment!
I don't know if I'd go that far,they've been known to do dumb things:
2542043884_aa75bbb31d_m.jpg

stitchsgreatescape.jpg
It's funny that you called these pictures "dumb decisions", because I like Skunk Figment and Stitch.

Another thing that happened on board the sub is that not only was the air kind of stale but her husband, who has a problem with gas, "let one rip". Everyone looked to see who did it. So embarrassing for her and it was a lot worse than the smell of Figment when you Win one Scent.
I could only imagine what that smelt like...
I do hope that does not happen this time in the case of the Imagination Pavilion....

(courtesy of Menutia )
And starring Kevin Meaney as the Dirtfinder, the joyous man who wants to rid the world of all dirt and has Figment help him do so!

Last edited:

Seabasealpha1

I'll be checking to see what happens...I get the feeling like nothing will happen or the closure will be delayed...doesn't sound like even Disney knows what the heck to do with it (mainly because of their frugal re-doings now-a-days).

sigh.

SirLink

Not a jab at you Marni, but I am so sick of this argument!
Sponsorship be damned.

I am the sponsor! Me and every other paying guest who walks through those turnstiles!

Enough already with the sponsorship B.S.

I never pull the Uni card (seeing as how I haven't even been since HP opened), but does every ride, every attraction, every pavilion at USO or IoA have/need a sponsor? Hogwash!

The thing is one of the reasons why Tokyo Disneyland Resort is so good and maintained to a high level is because virtually everything has sponsorship attached to it ... albeit there is a chicken and egg phenomena where OLC maintains stuff to high level which entices sponsorship in the first place. But it is not uncommon and certainly was way more common back in the 90s at WDW, DLPR et al.

SirLink

Your conspiracy theory is entertaining but it doesn't explain why WoM and Horizons suffered the exact same fates. The truth of the matter is that guests just became bored with these attractions over time. You don't need to blame insidious actions by management for the decline in guest attendance at Imagination 1.0. It's perfectly normal for the popularity of attractions such as this to decline with age. Also I agree that the later incarnations of Imagination were poorly done. The designers need to learn that trying to appease the fan base is a big mistake. Instead they should have broken with the past and installed a completely different show. I'm glad that the creative designers at Disney realize that Dreamfinder and Figment need to join Davy Crocket, Dick Tracy and Zorro in the old character home. They can be brought out every so often for the old folks to wax nostalgic over.

HP didn't want to pay for Horizons but wanted to sponsor a space pavilion, GM came to point in their contract where they didn't want to pay to sponsor a dark ride and wanted something more thrilling/exciting to advertise the GM brand down in Florida

SirLink

It's marked as a proposed future expansion in the planned layout of the park and is not planned as an opening day attraction.

My guess is that won't have Yeti inside it at all ... y'know Tibet problems ... if anything they'll theme it to the book The Monkey King.

PeterAlt

My guess is that won't have Yeti inside it at all ... y'know Tibet problems ... if anything they'll theme it to the book The Monkey King.
One key flaw to this logic is that you're forgetting that SDL isn't TDO. If TDO were to operate DLS, then I can see that happening...

71jason

I'll be checking to see what happens...I get the feeling like nothing will happen or the closure will be delayed...doesn't sound like even Disney knows what the heck to do with it (mainly because of their frugal re-doings now-a-days).

sigh.

I thought today was the intended last day of operation. When I ran it by Twitter yesterday, tho, conventional wisdom is that the close was delayed/cancelled (I assume by the 3-month freeze on Imagineering).

SirLink

One key flaw to this logic is that you're forgetting that SDL isn't TDO. If TDO were to operate DLS, then I can see that happening...

Em Tibet ... y'know political problems ... won't have a Yeti inside. Disney will want to honor Chinese culture so expect a ride using the same ride system, same mountain et al with the theme of the old novel Journey to the West.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I thought today was the intended last day of operation. When I ran it by Twitter yesterday, tho, conventional wisdom is that the close was delayed/cancelled (I assume by the 3-month freeze on Imagineering).

WDW1974 recently said that although there were still plans to close it, it would NOT happen at the beginning of the year as originally rumored.

FigmentsFangirl

From what I've heard any closure is still off the radar.
I pray that 'off the radar' actually means 'not gonna happen' Because my parents and I are going to visit Figment and his ride {I love that little dragon so much!!} within the next few weeks or so. I hate going there and feeling like that is going to be the last time I'll get to go see him and his awesome house

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom