Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

tirian

MiceAge blames MM+? No way, I call all of this good news.

Cars repealed means a better chance of the better alternative: SW Land. Imagination to stay open for the foreseeable future is good news, the alternative isn't a new ride but another shuttered pavilion. And DAK's nightshow will come about one way or another anyway.

Alas! Pluperfect, CL had gotten the greenlight. Currently, the Cars are stopped in front of a red light. The traffic light may or may not turn green again.

The alternative was not a shuttered pavilion.

I agree that the other news is good news. Star Wars >>>>> than Cars.

SirLink

To get back on topic, Imagination clearly hasn't closed yet but the OP was correct: it was supposed to. Plus Cars Land had gotten the green light and DAK has been testing night show light FX for over 6 months. All are on hiatus right now.

MiceAge blames the MM+ debacle, and others claim this situation is more of a shell game. We'll see. Point is, nobody within WDI is talking out loud right now.

But they said their was to be an nighttime spectacular at DAK ... oh wait ... they didn't even give a time frame ... oooh boy.

So who is WDI trying to hide stuff from ... the competition ... nah not going to fall for that Disney.

SirLink

The alternative was not a shuttered pavilion.

I agree that the other news is good news. Star Wars >>>>> than Cars.

But if the focus was Star Wars, even though I believe they can do good stuff still - see Cars Land - however that doesn't help the identity crisis that that particular park will still have.

PhotoDave219

The problem is, MGM needed both expansions, and the Cars redo of the backlot was, presumably, not too far from being ready to go.
The Star Wars land, assuming it's ever actually built, appears to be further out from being ready, and I'm afraid they may wait until one or two of the new sequels has shown what it will do at the box office before even deciding how much of the new land to dedicate to them (and possibly whether to build anything Star Wars at all).
Further, the backlot was in more desperate need of a re-theming than the area of the park rumored to be alloted for the Star Wars stuff (presumably it will encompass where Star Tours is now).

Yes. No one is debating it's necessary.

The issue is paying for it and not impacting the current mandated profit margins.

StageFrenzy

9071115.002.Mini4L2.jpg

FigmentsFangirl

Well, I guess this thread {at least the last two posts} actualoly shows us all that our imaginations are still working.

Now, I've heard of a car groping a tree {I see it on the news at times} or a car groping another car {look up Hummer runs over a car on youtube and you'll see what I mean}, but a human groping a car........ ew ;)

Cmdr_Crimson

So were now about to reach the 3rd week of January..Nothing has been brought up about the pavilion being closed..And It looks like it's staying open..I have found out that my FP+ shows that the Pavilion is open as a selection on the Day I arrive (Jan 27th) and there hasn't been any word or nothing about it...Soooooooooooooooo What has happend?

tirian

So were now about to reach the 3rd week of January..Nothing has been brought up about the pavilion being closed..And It looks like it's staying open..I have found out that my FP+ shows that the Pavilion is open as a selection on the Day I arrive (Jan 27th) and there hasn't been any word or nothing about it...Soooooooooooooooo What has happend?

The pavilion's re-imagining was indefinitely postponed along with the Studios plans.

I know I sound like a cop-out: this is another one of those things that should have happened and was later cancelled.

NoChesterHester

The pavilion's re-imagining was indefinitely postponed along with the Studios plans.

I know I sound like a cop-out: this is another one of those things that should have happened and was later cancelled.

Was there actually a plan to reimagine the pavilion or was the design process itself halted?

SirLink

See I know people (MiceAge) are blaming MM+ solely but could it be Shanghai costing more than predicted. Could it be the double whammy has ground everything in Flower Street to a halt...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom