Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

BobConnor

Someone correct me if wrong, but I believe Siemens paid for that thing to come down, otherwise it would probably still be there today.

I am thankful they did have that thing come down. SSE looks so much better without it. I looked at Youtube and it turns out that Siemens improved the Spaceship Earth ride (although the narrator makes my skin crawl). It might even help Siemens. My sister is a dentist and she was so impressed that if she ever has her dream dental office, it will have all Siemens radiology equipment.

CDavid

Someone correct me if wrong, but I believe Siemens paid for that thing to come down, otherwise it would probably still be there today.

If I'm not mistaken, there was a cost associated with maintaining what what designed to be a temporary structure, and expenses (apparently) got to the point it was more reasonable to take it down. Then there was a story making the rounds that Siemens only wanted the wand it it were changed to spell out "Siemens", but Disney (wisely) wouldn't go for that. Don't recall, however, if that originated from a trusted source or wild fanboi speculation.

tirian

If I'm not mistaken, there was a cost associated with maintaining what what designed to be a temporary structure, and expenses (apparently) got to the point it was more reasonable to take it down. Then there was a story making the rounds that Siemens only wanted the wand it it were changed to spell out "Siemens", but Disney (wisely) wouldn't go for that. Don't recall, however, if that originated from a trusted source or wild fanboi speculation.

Siemens insisted on its removal; Disney wasn't going to tear it down until someone else paid for it. If Siemens hadn't cared, the wand would have lasted a few more years.

Figments Friend

Siemens insisted on its removal; Disney wasn't going to tear it down until someone else paid for it. If Siemens hadn't cared, the wand would have lasted a few more years.

And thank the Gods they did....!
It was wonderful when that thing finally came down...and just in time for EPCOT's silver anniversary.

Remember the coverage..
Remember 'Wand Watch'..?

(courtesy of brkngnews )

dgp602

And thank the Gods they did....!
It was wonderful when that thing finally came down...and just in time for EPCOT's silver anniversary.

Remember the coverage..
Remember 'Wand Watch'..?

(courtesy of brkngnews )

Is the "wand watch" related to the "hat removal" watch at DHS? LoL

So, 108 pages and still no answer as to what might/is happening to Imagination when/if it still closes for the aforementioned closing/refurb? :eek:

alphac2005

Same thing happened to 20K in that is was hot, smelly, cramped and the audio seldom worked properly. Not only was it very uncomfortable, but it was boring as well. It ran for over 20 years and became an embarrassment in its last years. Thank goodness that WDW had the common sense to remove 20K.

And let it set as a pile of dirt for a decade and a half before building anything again while increasing prices. Kudos all around to TDO....

Clever Name

And let it set as a pile of dirt for a decade and a half before building anything again while increasing prices. Kudos all around to TDO....
Have you ever noticed that anticipation is often times better than the end result? 20K was no big loss but dreaming about what attraction(s) might replace it was wonderful. And instead of just one attraction, we got an entire variety of new shops, restaurants, attractions and remarkable theming.

BobConnor

Have you ever noticed that anticipation is often times better than the end result? 20K was no big loss but dreaming about what attraction(s) might replace it was wonderful. And instead of just one attraction, we got an entire variety of new shops, restaurants, attractions and remarkable theming.

And like my sister said, it was much better for her because she didn't like 20K. Another thing that happened on board the sub is that not only was the air kind of stale but her husband, who has a problem with gas, "let one rip". Everyone looked to see who did it. So embarrassing for her and it was a lot worse than the smell of Figment when you Win one Scent.

Goofyernmost

And like my sister said, it was much better for her because she didn't like 20K. Another thing that happened on board the sub is that not only was the air kind of stale but her husband, who has a problem with gas, "let one rip". Everyone looked to see who did it. So embarrassing for her and it was a lot worse than the smell of Figment when you Win one Scent.
Classy! Did she marry a 10 year old? :hungover:

aladdin2007

wish someone would come along and care about getting rid of the hat already. but thats not happening.

BobConnor

Classy! Did she marry a 10 year old? :hungover:

Right now, he is 59 but for all his life he has been like a 10 year old who doesn't like to take baths and showers. I will call him "Jupy" here, my sister says that when he proposed she was drunk and said "yes". My 2 nieces say that Jupy doesn't shower enough and he is talks painfully loud all the time and has bad breath too. Guess what Jupy does as an occupation, he is a Doctor! If you work in health care at all, physicians are the worst when it comes to infection control and hand washing. Jupy also believes people should "tough out" their illnesses, thus he has a painfully loud coughing due to untreated asthma. He also has untreated depression and refuses medications because he wants to "tough it out". See why I try to work most holidays?

PeterAlt

Will SDL's plan to add Expedition Everest get a back-up Yeti built for Florida? (And then fix the broken Yeti to use as a back-up for either park)

doctornick

The Yeti isn't the problem, at least not the whole problem, it's the structure that supports it.

And, fundamentally, the problem is that they can't afford to shut down EE for any extended length of time and leave DAK without that attraction. It probably won't get addressed until the Avatar "E-ticket" is up and running, so that's sigh 2017 or so.

Clever Name

That was a serious problem with 20K. The AC and ventilation did not work very well on those subs. Older women who tended to bath in perfume were always a problem. You had about 40 people crammed into a small space and you were elbow to elbow with the other guests. It was not a pleasant experience unless you're an aficionado of ripe body odor.

A1st

Will SDL's plan to add Expedition Everest get a back-up Yeti built for Florida? (And then fix the broken Yeti to use as a back-up for either park)
I'm sorry but did I miss something? Since when is Shanghai Disneyland planning to have Expedition Everest? I just knew they were planning on adding the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, but if Everest too then that's news to me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom