Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

DocMcHulk

I thought today was the intended last day of operation. When I ran it by Twitter yesterday, tho, conventional wisdom is that the close was delayed/cancelled (I assume by the 3-month freeze on Imagineering).
I havent had time to keep up with these super long threads because work is actually making me... work! :(

What do you mean by " 3-month freeze on Imagineering"

71jason

I havent had time to keep up with these super long threads because work is actually making me... work! :(

What do you mean by " 3-month freeze on Imagineering"

If you go back through the Spirit Takes the Fifth thread--or at least search WDW1974's posts from maybe a month ago--you can get a good understanding of it. In a nutshell, NextGen went over budget, so development on everything but Avatar Land and China was halted for three months. Why we're keeping American Idol Experience and not getting Star Wars or Cars Land anytime soon, for example. Again, this is a thumbnail summary, Spirit has more detail (followed by much contentious debate, as is tradition).

DocMcHulk

If you go back through the Spirit Takes the Fifth thread--or at least search WDW1974's posts from maybe a month ago--you can get a good understanding of it. In a nutshell, NextGen went over budget, so development on everything but Avatar Land and China was halted for three months. Why we're keeping American Idol Experience and not getting Star Wars or Cars Land anytime soon, for example. Again, this is a thumbnail summary, Spirit has more detail (followed by much contentious debate, as is tradition).
Thanks. That's all i needed. Wait, there was contentious debate after a Spirit post?? That's something new, right? ;)

pmaljr

If the alternative is permanent closure, I'm all for it remaining in its current form until the time and money is right. My pre-5 year old nieces love it. Let's make sure we do it right this time where everyone will love it.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Imagination pavilion is and will operate as usual.

bp06-01h3.gif

FigmentJedi

My guess is that won't have Yeti inside it at all ... y'know Tibet problems ... if anything they'll theme it to the book The Monkey King.
There's already a full-out Journey to the West theme park being developed by another company. Sun Wukong Mountain might end up being a Beastly Kingdom deal in that case: Someone else did something similar, so let's just give up.

SirLink

There's already a full-out Journey to the West theme park being developed by another company. Sun Wukong Mountain might end up being a Beastly Kingdom deal in that case: Someone else did something similar, so let's just give up.

Who knows their Old City Past land and Mulan dark ride etc, may make into Phase 2 ... haha I LOL'd again twice in one week. I don't think the Shanghai Shendi group would care if their is already a Journey to the West park being developed ...

tirian

To get back on topic, Imagination clearly hasn't closed yet but the OP was correct: it was supposed to. Plus Cars Land had gotten the green light and DAK has been testing night show light FX for over 6 months. All are on hiatus right now.

MiceAge blames the MM+ debacle, and others claim this situation is more of a shell game. We'll see. Point is, nobody within WDI is talking out loud right now.

The Duck

To get back on topic, Imagination clearly hasn't closed yet but the OP was correct: it was supposed to. Plus Cars Land had gotten the green light and DAK has been testing night show light FX for over 6 months. All are on hiatus right now.

MiceAge blames the MM+ debacle, and others claim this situation is more of a shell game. We'll see. Point is, nobody within WDI is talking out loud right now.
Carsland has the green light??? How grandiose of a Carsland are we talking about?

The Empress Lilly

MiceAge blames MM+? No way, I call all of this good news.

Cars repealed means a better chance of the better alternative: SW Land. Imagination to stay open for the foreseeable future is good news, the alternative isn't a new ride but another shuttered pavilion. And DAK's nightshow will come about one way or another anyway.

Carsland has the green light??? How grandiose of a Carsland are we talking about?
Alas! Pluperfect, CL had gotten the greenlight. Currently, the Cars are stopped in front of a red light. The traffic light may or may not turn green again.

Last edited:

StageFrenzy

I was your 1000 like, nobody forgets there thousandth?

Bairstow

MiceAge blames MM+? No way, I call all of this good news.

Cars repealed means a better chance of the better alternative: SW Land. Imagination to stay open for the foreseeable future is good news, the alternative isn't a new ride but another shuttered pavilion. And DAK's nightshow will come about one way or another anyway.

The problem is, MGM needed both expansions, and the Cars redo of the backlot was, presumably, not too far from being ready to go.
The Star Wars land, assuming it's ever actually built, appears to be further out from being ready, and I'm afraid they may wait until one or two of the new sequels has shown what it will do at the box office before even deciding how much of the new land to dedicate to them (and possibly whether to build anything Star Wars at all).
Further, the backlot was in more desperate need of a re-theming than the area of the park rumored to be alloted for the Star Wars stuff (presumably it will encompass where Star Tours is now).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom