TTA Update

EPCOT Explorer

Now that the TTA is getting closer for reopening..It makes me think what they will do as you get into Space Mountain to get a view of what's being worked on or if they are going to block the viewing windows as it starts going through?

I'm pretty sure we will not be able to see a thing...:(:lol:

Would be cool if they put a teaser there, though...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I can definitely imagine them doing special lighting for the holiday events.

I don't know how many of you have seen this, but in the past year or so they've installed temporary strobe lights across the "straight" sections of the TTA track that look like they shoot across, but only during special events days, then they're gone. I wonder if those are going to also be implemented more permanently or still be used? :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

I can definitely imagine them doing special lighting for the holiday events.

I don't know how many of you have seen this, but in the past year or so they've installed temporary strobe lights across the "straight" sections of the TTA track that look like they shoot across, but only during special events days, then they're gone. I wonder if those are going to also be implemented more permanently or still be used? :shrug:
Well, one would hope the only use Holiday colors in that instance, while normal nights would have normal colors.:D

The strobe effect sounds cool....But I have not heard of it! Do you have a link or a video?

I know DL's SM uses strobes in it's light package...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Well, one would hope the only use Holiday colors in that instance, while normal nights would have normal colors.:D

The strobe effect sounds cool....But I have not heard of it! Do you have a link or a video?

No, unfortunately I don't

scottnj1966

Awesome.
I love when they do things like this.
I am almost positive they will change slowly to each color.
What is being shown in the video is a test phase, they wont keep it that way.

The colors and effect really will go with the rest of the theming.
Lighting always makes for a wonderful mood. Too bad its not dark all day hahahaha

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just an FYI; I was just shown a video showing a cascading rainbow effect; blocks of colour were slowly chasing eachother around the TTA circuit. Not just one colour at a time.

krankenstein

You you have, I told you about it! :lookaroun :lol:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Just an FYI; I was just shown a video showing a cascading rainbow effect; blocks of colour were slowly chasing eachother around the TTA circuit. Not just one colour at a time.

Link?

themoose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0p7ADXiPfQ

The video isn't great, but it is showing the lighting in color fade mode, not step. Also, look at 0:06, not all of the lights are on the same color. One set is on pink while the other is on purple. I own some of these light fixtures and they are definitely able to do some awesome things.

WDWFigment

This Tuesday

Have you heard anything about whether it's slated to open on time? I would imagine that it's reopening depends largely upon structural progress inside Space Mountain. If it opens on time, it follows that Space Mountain, at least right now, is on pace to reopen in Winter 2009, as stated by Disney.

Right? :shrug:

WDW Vacationer

Have you heard anything about whether it's slated to open on time? I would imagine that it's reopening depends largely upon structural progress inside Space Mountain. If it opens on time, it follows that Space Mountain, at least right now, is on pace to reopen in Winter 2009, as stated by Disney.

Right? :shrug:
It was originally supposed to open about 2 weeks ago.Last I heard SM is still on target for opening on November 21.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Link?
Afraid not; it`s a video not on public boards. You`ll have to trust me ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom