TTA Update

Anyone know if the did any actual work on the ride system/track. The ride used to be really smooth and quiet but as the years have passed it's gotten rougher and rougher. I'm sure the Fla. weather is rough on it, especially after nearly 35 years.

WDWFigment

Even if this is all that changes about the TTA, I guess at least it's pretty cool. I am hoping for more inside the attraction, but at least we aren't getting nothing. Hopefully they can smooth out the transitions between the lights.

That said, I hope they don't just use this effect for special events (Halloween, Christmas party) as they have always projected different lights up there in the past.

WDW Vacationer

Thanks! Cool to see the TTA get some love! Fading lights would be cool,but I like those as they are! Good job Disney. Work like this on this attraction ensures it will stay,and I beleive it is the only WEDWAY Peoplemover left.:(

WDWRLD

I was thinking about how cool it would be if it worked just like the old tunnle at JII. The colors would change as you went by to match the speed of the car. For example the lights could be say blue from the car infront of you and as you go through they change to red untill the next car came along and so on. Also the holidays could just use the red and greens for christmas and the oranges and purples for halloween.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I was at Magic Kingdom tonight and as I was walking through Tomorrowland I noticed that they were testing the new lights on the TTA. Much to my surprise, the lights did not just stay one color but rotated through a series of colors. The colors were blue, purple, pink, orange, yellow, and green. I think it makes for a really cool effect and definitely adds something to the atmosphere of Tomorrowland. Here's some video I took: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAFDer6XVAg

Nice work, many thanks for posting the video :)

Ears

Well, I can say the lights were definately moving to the music, and fading and what-not when I first arrived.. prior to the video starting unfortunately.. Maybe next time..

hokielutz

Granted this won't be a huge change for the TTA, but it will be a very nice touch to the asthetics.

And yes, I am sure the final production cycling of the lights will not be the strobing that we see in this ONE video of the testing.

Mr.EPCOT

Work like this on this attraction ensures it will stay,and I beleive it is the only WEDWAY Peoplemover left.:(

I am very happy to report that there is still a genuine WEDWay PeopleMover still in operation at the Houston International Airport, the only thing that Disney's former transportation division ever built. I've also heard that one was built in Washington, D.C., after Bombardier bought the technology from Disney, much as they essentially built our Monorail system in Vegas.

EPCOTPluto

I was at Magic Kingdom tonight and as I was walking through Tomorrowland I noticed that they were testing the new lights on the TTA. Much to my surprise, the lights did not just stay one color but rotated through a series of colors. The colors were blue, purple, pink, orange, yellow, and green. I think it makes for a really cool effect and definitely adds something to the atmosphere of Tomorrowland. Here's some video I took: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAFDer6XVAg
Looks great! :D But what if it smoothly transitioned in colour instead of blinking every 3-5 seconds?

EDIT: Obviously not the only one. At least it would blend in with the kinetics and/or aesthetics of Tomorrowland.

jt04

Looks great! :D But what if it smoothly transitioned in colour instead of blinking every 3-5 seconds?

EDIT: Obviously not the only one. At least it would blend in with the kinetics and/or aesthetics of Tomorrowland.

It appears they are controllable and this is only a test phase. If this is true there is prety much nothing they won't be able to do. Somebody has a never ending new toy to play with. I would guess the new system has many tricks up it's sleeve.

Main Street USA

As several have already said, this is a video of the lights being tested for color and change. They most certainly will not be changing in this way for the attraction itself.

This is the problem I have with people posting any refurb updates on these forums anymore. People flip out and react to something that isn't finished. Ugh.

If someone posted a pic of Space Mountain with new lights only half way around the structure, someone would be posting right behind it...."Oh my god! I can't believe they're only putting them half way around the building!!! What a horrible decision! this is ridiculous!"

Yeah, uh, not the final product, people. Geez.

Kudos to WDI for a cool little upgrade, and thanks for the vid.

thanks for the video - I think it looks great. The possibilities are ENDLESS for what they could do with the lighting and I like the feel it gives to Tomorrowland.

~Amanda

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom