TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntzilla

ugh they probably changed it back when they saw all the nerds crying all over the internet yesterday. Way to go guys, enjoy muesuem land. Disney will dare not bring back Dreamfinder after this. Imagine the uproar from the clowns over here if they got rid of eric idle or ellen degeneris from the parks.

Conundrum your missing the point. The THEME of tomorrowland is perfect. It's one of the few lands that ha a thoughtful and meaningful story throughout it. The problem is not with the theme but with the attractions. Yes SGE is awful but I personally enjoy MILF. These can change but keep the cohesive theme of essentially Sci Fi land. Maybe it's not "Tomorrowland" but it works. I don't know why your so keen on bringing it back to the futuresque theme. They changed it for a reason, it gets outdated quickly. If they want to do the future theme put it in future world where it belongs. Don't mess with Tomorrowland, the most overall complete land.

BenS

Huh? the cost of making a new spiel for the peoplemover is probably pennies to them. They probably hve tons of unused audio for attractions in the archives and yes Disney has backed down before (usually happens at Disneyland). I hope you don't seriously thinking testing different narration tracks costs any serious money for the company.

Let's say the new narration cost them $50,000. That includes the writers' salaries, the voice actor's salary, and the salaries of the technicians who are currently doing the testing/adjusting.

Disney is not going to throw out a $50,000 investment because a few dozen people online are upset about it. The average guest doesn't know or care about the change, their bottom line isn't going to be hurt because some people don't like the new version.

I don't know why you think Disney wouldn't care about such a small amount of money. There are multiple levels of management within Disney that have their own budgets to account for. If someone breaks their corporate laptop by spilling coffee on it, do you think no one will care because they make billions of dollars?

Also, Disney "backs down" if the general public has a bad reception to a new attraction. Stitch's Supersonic Celebration for example. But I doubt they'll start seeing lower ridership on the TTA anytime soon because of this.

SirGoofy

ugh they probably changed it back when they saw all the nerds crying all over the internet yesterday. Way to go guys, enjoy muesuem land. Disney will dare not bring back Dreamfinder after this. Imagine the uproar from the clowns over here if they got rid of eric idle or ellen degeneris from the parks.

Are you bi-polar?

Here's the audio if it isn't here already....and it sucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6EnR8fxcs4:mad:

:rolleyes:

That is all.

aladdin2007

Just listened to it, its like one long bland infomericial, whos writing this stuff. And thats the same narrator as in Living with the Land!!!
I think, or it seemed like it anyway to me. Will miss the old one just like I miss the other monerail narrator, the current one is now like the peoplemover. :brick: At least they left the city model alone thats one good thing and of course the new changing light effects. I guess this also means the stitch attraction isnt going anywhere now that they have added his voice into it.

Jasonflz

Just listened to it, its like one long bland infomericial, whos writing this stuff. And thats the same narrator as in Living with the Land!!!
I think, or it seemed like it anyway to me. Will miss the old one just like I miss the other monerail narrator, the current one is now like the peoplemover. :brick: At least they left the city model alone thats one good thing and of course the new changing light effects. I guess this also means the stitch attraction isnt going anywhere now that they have added his voice into it.

:dazzle: You summed up my full opinion of the new audio. Being crushed by a steamroller is far more enjoyable than listening to this garbage. Shame, considering the TTA was looking great after the refurb.

PhotoDave219

Maybe there's a chance that the part being down in Space Mountain is effecting some of the other stuff.

Perhaps.

huntzilla

Sorry SirGoofy but I agree with Jason, garbage is the correct word. TL is some people's favorite area in WDW and a change like this can come with a lot of hate. Garbage is appropriate. Imagine if JC was rolled out with a new spiel, no jokes, just a tour. You would consider that garbage.

I was wondering though if someone could get an update for tonight and/or tomorrow to find out what spiel is playing. I ask because of missingdisney's suggestion that the old one was playing today.

aladdin2007

maybe they are testing this new one then and just playing with it, but I imagine if they made it they are going to use it.

SirGoofy

Sorry SirGoofy but I agree with Jason, garbage is the correct word. TL is some people's favorite area in WDW and a change like this can come with a lot of hate. Garbage is appropriate. Imagine if JC was rolled out with a new spiel, no jokes, just a tour. You would consider that garbage.

But there's a difference. JC is known for the humor. TTA is not. TTA has always basically been a tour, and now, the spiel is much more cohesive and fitting for the current Tomorrowland.

Jasonflz

But there's a difference. JC is known for the humor. TTA is not. TTA has always basically been a tour, and now, the spiel is much more cohesive and fitting for the current Tomorrowland.

But the previous version expanded that universe with all of the additional references not applying only to Tomorrowland. This one feels like it is lacking true detail.

aladdin2007

I do like what the new spiel says about Carousel of Progress, that was nice, but in general the voice and everything else, ick. Might as well show QVC on overhead monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom